James Green drops Gophers for Toledo

RaT

Reaction score
Jan. 11
James Green, WR
Tallahassee, FL
Leon H.S.

Scouts Grade: 78 Wide receiver James Green drops Gophers for Toledo
The Rockets have landed receiver James Green, a 6-foot-2, 200-pound prospect from Leon (Tallahassee, Fla.) for the Class of 2010.

Per ESPN

Makes me wonder if he just dropped us all together, or did he not make it into school.

Kinda think he might not have made it in. Toledo will take anyone.

Way to go Brewster! His recruiting is SO overrated. Maturi needs to do it now and hire Skip Holtz, or anyone with a pulse.

I think I read somewhere that Jedd Fisch was the main reason for him coming here.

Maybe he knows something about Fisch leaving and didn't want to be apart of our program without him.

Something is up here. All reports (including on ESPN itself) indicated that he signed a letter of intent. I thought those were binding. Is that incorrect?

Hadnt he already signed his LOI? And I also thought he already was admitted. I could be wrong on both. But I just checked ESPN and it says he is still signed with Minnesota. So a link to this article may be a good idea.

Hadnt he already signed his LOI? And I also thought he already was admitted. I could be wrong on both. But I just checked ESPN and it says he is still signed with Minnesota. So a link to this article may be a good idea.

ESPN just changed it in the last few minutes, to Toledo. Rivals and Scout still say Minnesota, and signed LOI.

Something is up here. All reports (including on ESPN itself) indicated that he signed a letter of intent. I thought those were binding. Is that incorrect?

He signed an LOI with Tennessee last year. Apparently, you sign only once.

What are the rules about switching after signing a LOI? Why was he a non-qualifier for Tennessee last year? This has admissions issues written all over it.

What are the rules about switching after signing a LOI? Why was he a non-qualifier for Tennessee last year? This has admissions issues written all over it.

Toledo gets alot of non qualifiers, that would be my guess, there's no reason he would go to the MAC if he had qualified.

Man oh Man...these things get me so :confused:

If he doesn't wanna be here, so be it.

If we're going to speculate I think its more logical to think he didn't qualify. Toledo isn't even a strong MAC program right now. I just can't see a kid who originally signed with Tennessee choosing to go to a mediocre MAC school unless he had no other choice.

If it's true as others have stated Dr. Don, maybe it's because he can't be here rather then he doesn't want to be. He's already sat out one year and, looking at what's happened to "entry" problems at Minnesota going back through the Mason years, it's probably a good move for the kid to go to a "hell, we'll get him in", MAC school, then wait and see how about getting into the "U".

Dammit.:(

What I meant when I stated "If he doesn't want to be here..." was that he was not willing to meet entrance requirements. To meet those requirements, one must want to.

Dream world thought...........

Love to snag Kyle Prater as his replacement since he might be looking around.

Can this program ever catch a break...:banghead:

Okay then, well...

Can we get James Wright up here for a visit? Otherwise I suppose Toby Durham would now become the top target of those who have not yet committed?

Bums me out.

I wonder if ESPN web site is just screwing it up.

It now shows him signed to the Gophers, but when you click on his name, it shows Toledo.

It has changed several times.

Well this pretty much sucks. It seemed like he was good to go academically, what changed?

Jan. 11
James Green, WR
Tallahassee, FL
Leon H.S.

Scouts Grade: 78 Wide receiver James Green drops Gophers for Toledo
The Rockets have landed receiver James Green, a 6-foot-2, 200-pound prospect from Leon (Tallahassee, Fla.) for the Class of 2010.

Per ESPN

And the disappointments just keep on coming. :mad::mad:

To meet those requirements, one must want to.

+1

What people often overlook is how much of an academic loser you have to be to not qualify for college football programs. It's not something that's he's being denied of. If you make any sort of a half-assed effort in high school, you can qualify for NCAA D1.

I love how the same folks who are very pro-Brew also get so bent out of shape over every recruit that changes thier mind/can't qualify. I guess it's just a matter of how much stock one puts in recruiting. All that said, this isn't good. If it's not the sound of a hammer hitting a nail, it's at least the sound of a box of nails being opened.

I love how the same folks who are very pro-Brew also get so bent out of shape over every recruit that changes thier mind/can't qualify. I guess it's just a matter of how much stock one puts in recruiting. All that said, this isn't good. If it's not the sound of a hammer hitting a nail, it's at least the sound of a box of nails being opened.

well, now we can offer that scholarship to zach vraa like so many people wanted to do.;)

Well this pretty much sucks. It seemed like he was good to go academically, what changed?

The academic department and the athletic department haven't seen "eye to eye" for quite awhile at the University. The more a coach pushes to get someone in, the more the coach is hated, not successful. To be fair to the "academics", after the Gangelhoff debacle I'd doubt that anybody over there said "let's make it easier to get kids in.

Does anybody remember Jermaine Mays the "kick blocker exterorniare". He was actually IN school for a couple of years then had to sit out a year because of "concerns" over academics. Concerns that turned-out to be misguided. The same could be said for Gray and the D-Lineman who name escapes me, who went to school up in North Dakota for a year because he was considered to much of a risk for the academics.

If Mason had problems, Brewster's problems certainly aren't going to be easier to solve. If he's going to take a chance, do it on 4- Star players.

Top Bottom