Jahil In Town Tonight

jovs

Reaction score
Not the most popular topic but Jahil is in town and on ESPN2 at 6PM tonight.

Who gives a ****, neither of these clowns are coming here, this isn't a Duke board

Gary Trent Jr. is likely a Gopher recruit. Some may be interested in watching him.

Why is this news?

Are you not a basketball fan, this will be some top competition anywhere at the high school level, being in Minnesota it has some impact on the Gophers, support for basketball be it at the pro level, college level, or high school level impacts perception which ultimately impacts the Gophers.

Why is this news?

You wasted my brain cells when you asked this, Madtown. I am interested because I like watching future college/pros from the area against future college/pros from elsewhere. I have a headache trying to make sense of why you asked. So I am going to replenish those killed brain cells with a beer.

Really think in the long run Pitino and his staff won't go that hard after Bertram. He doesn't seem like a guy that'd fit the system. Like what I saw from Trent though.

What's the matter Tyrus? Can't get an open look?

Gary Trent Jr. > Tyrus

lol lots of sour grapes in this thread. Tyus has increased the visibility of Minnesota HS basketball and that's a good thing for Minnesota and the gophers, no doubt about it. He's made a lot of young Minnesota kids excited about playing HS basketball.

lol lots of sour grapes in this thread. Tyus has increased the visibility of Minnesota HS basketball and that's a good thing for Minnesota and the gophers, no doubt about it. He's made a lot of young Minnesota kids excited about playing HS basketball.

He has improved the image, but this game just shows how far behind MN HS Basketball is compared to some of the better basketball states. Apple Valley had a 35 game win streak before tonight and Whitney Young took it to them all night.

On another note, I'm really okay with not getting Paul White. I don't know how long I could look at Jesus on his shoulder before getting sick of him.

You're right, but I think Minnesota punches it's weight for our population. Hopefully it'll just get better with this class getting lots of young kids interested in basketball.

Really think in the long run Pitino and his staff won't go that hard after Bertram. He doesn't seem like a guy that'd fit the system. Like what I saw from Trent though.
Agree with this, really like the way Trent Jr. played and think he will be one to watch going forward. Right now Bertram just doesn't seem like a guy that is real athletic and seems a little out of shape. He may very well be able to improve some of these things going forward and be a better fit but right now I don't see it.

He has improved the image, but this game just shows how far behind MN HS Basketball is compared to some of the better basketball states. Apple Valley had a 35 game win streak before tonight and Whitney Young took it to them all night.

On another note, I'm really okay with not getting Paul White. I don't know how long I could look at Jesus on his shoulder before getting sick of him.

They lost by 10 to one of the very best teams in the country. How does that show us how far behind we are exactly? De La Salle probably would have beaten Apple Valley if Reid Travis had played by the way. Apple Valley likely isn't even the best team in MN.

I am enjoying reading the professional evaluations of our GopherHolers.

They lost by 10 to one of the very best teams in the country. How does that show us how far behind we are exactly? De La Salle probably would have beaten Apple Valley if Reid Travis had played by the way. Apple Valley likely isn't even the best team in MN.

Um. No. That was not one of the very best teams in the country. And yes, Apple Valley is the best team in MN until proven otherwise. They haven't lost to a MN team in over a year.

Um. No. That was not one of the very best teams in the country. And yes, Apple Valley is the best team in MN until proven otherwise. They haven't lost to a MN team in over a year.

I may have exagerated a bit by saying one of the very best, but your statement made it sound like the best team in Minnesota lost to an average team from another state, and that is far from true. Jahlil Okafor and Paul White are an absurd front court and they had at least one guard that will be a D1 player. That's pretty impressive to me. I think most people would agree De La Salle with Reid Travis playing is the best team in the state too, even if it isn't by that much. Apple Valley (IMO our second best team) losing to Whitney Young just doesn't really prove anything to me other than that having the #1 player on your team (and what NBA scouts call the most polished low post scorer they've ever seen at this level) is going to help you beat some good teams.

I watched a couple highlights on the late news. I honestly find myself ambivalent regarding Jones and Okafor since they decided to attend Puke. I'm quite sure I could go the entire basketball season without having to watch an AV boys basketball game. Time to watch the new kids that may attend Minnesota rather than watch a kid who took the easy route to a school like Puke.

Apple Valley beating D without Travis, that's like beating packers without Aaron Rogers or the Broncos without Peyton

I watched a couple highlights on the late news. I honestly find myself ambivalent regarding Jones and Okafor since they decided to attend Puke. I'm quite sure I could go the entire basketball season without having to watch an AV boys basketball game. Time to watch the new kids that may attend Minnesota rather than watch a kid who took the easy route to a school like Puke.

Thanks for letting us know.

Apple Valley has a couple kids good enough for a Gopher offer not just Tyus.

So I have to ask: Are we going to start getting regular updates on Tyus from now all the way to his career at Duke ala Royce White?

Tyus' little brother looked like he knew the game and got his hands on a couple of balls. But really, AV has to play that small of an 8th grader that showed no offensive skill on their varsity? No one else (FR -SR) could be more productive on the court than this little kid for the #1 ranked team in MN? I agree that Trent Jr. could end up being a real nice player.

Tyus' little brother looked like he knew the game and got his hands on a couple of balls. But really, AV has to play that small of an 8th grader that showed no offensive skill on their varsity? No one else (FR -SR) could be more productive on the court than this little kid for the #1 ranked team in MN? I agree that Trent Jr. could end up being a real nice player.

Trent Jr sure looked decent for a 9th grader, if he improves his shooting he will be a big time recruit.

Crazy having an 8th grader on the team, bad for him and AV basketball.

Bertram hasn't developed much in the last year, he should be starting to develop some post moves and a go to shot inside, doesn't seem to be happening, great hands for a big guy though.

Okafor is very physical, unstoppable around the basket, but I didn't think he was the most polished inside player in years, maybe it was because his team had so much depth and he didn't need to dominate, White looked the part, to much depth for a team like AV, kind of skews things when your front court could probably start for any Big Ten team in a couple of years.

Top Bottom