Jaden Henley committed!

looks like san diego state was his (only) other d1 offer

looks like the henley's sdsu offer was around august 10. Miles Byrd committed to sdsu Oct 2

Last edited:

This is is no way fair to Johnson, the staff or the kid, but man I just have such bad memories from these "late riser, don't worry about the stars or offers, hes legit!" type guys. I just think of Diedhou, Ellenson, Konate, Greenlee (Thiam maybe?) and just shutter ha. Johnson has proven me wrong thus far, hopefully he sees something in this kid and can contribute in a big way.

This is is no way fair to Johnson, the staff or the kid, but man I just have such bad memories from these "late riser, don't worry about the stars or offers, hes legit!" type guys. I just think of Diedhou, Ellenson, Konate, Greenlee (Thiam maybe?) and just shutter ha. Johnson has proven me wrong thus far, hopefully he sees something in this kid and can contribute in a big way.
Don’t even start lumping anyone in with Diedhou or Konate.

We’ll if he’s a 6’7 guard who has been called shifty and smooth than by all means worth a shot considering the amount of spots we have next year

Colony HS in Ontario, CA is apparently a really strong academic school. Struggling to find any extended footage from work but MaxPreps and his Twitter feed have some videos. Here is some raw game footage from last spring.

The problem there IMO is that Pitino was not good at developing system players. BJ has scholarships to spend, and if this guy is someone who can do the little things well by his junior year, then I have no complaints. Wait and see mode for me.

Look at the coaching acumen difference thus far and let’s think it will translate to recruiting as well. Trust The Process

Except maybe a dominant rim protector, there is nothing that helps your defense more than big wing players. Virginia was able to constantly switch on screen and the perimeter and it was an essential part of their success.

Welcome aboard!

real interested in what the coaching staff things is his position? i have hear a combo guard and i have heard a wing?

we certainly need 2 PG's in this upcoming glass....so if thats what they view him we will still be in the market for a grad transfer/regular transfer with some experience to add to the mix that can start for us next year

Pretty sure Wally Ellenson was a fall commit who had offers from other high majors.

I can see how it has the appearance of kind of a desperation offer, but there were at least a few different recruits who were kinda nobodies that Ben Johnson offered this summer, who then went on to get additional high major offers and top 150 rankings. Ryan Dunn and Pharrell Payne come to mind, and I believe Rowan Brumbaugh as well off the top of my head. Early on he’s been able to spot talented players before some of his coaching peers, hopefully he did it again here.

Just wanna say no one should ever rip on Konate. He worked super hard, turned his body into a B1G body and on senior night literally cried he was so happy he attended Minnesota and was able to play basketball and graduate. At the end of the day he was a great ambassador and loved it here. I respect that.

Not to worried about the stars. This kid will in no way see any major minutes until the 2023-24 season. Unless BJ strikes out in the portal, which I think is unlikely. I trust Ben to coach guys like this Thiam included.

real interested in what the coaching staff things is his position? i have hear a combo guard and i have heard a wing?

we certainly need 2 PG's in this upcoming glass....so if thats what they view him we will still be in the market for a grad transfer/regular transfer with some experience to add to the mix that can start for us next year
Trust The Process

Reading that California prep players have barely been able to play since covid started which may be a reason why he is such an unknown. Between that, his promising physical profile and the amount of open scholarships we have this is a good bet to take.

I'd take Greenlee on this team, shooting 54% from the field, 47% from the 3 and averaging 10.6 points a game this year.

Top Bottom