Jaden Henley committed!

Damn it! I click on "Jaden Henley committed!" to follow two guys arguing about Bakary Konate's scoring average not to find out information about Ben's latest recruit.
My apologies but there isn’t oodles of info on this kid. Think it’s been mostly covered.

Like most, I was left scratching my head and trying to find info on this kid.

I like the GH write up though, about how Ben has a certain type of player he likes to recruit, which is someone that can guard multiple positions.

He sucks, I think he is a bad signing, I never seen him play but I just know. How many no names with no record succeed?

#sarcasm
#cbj critics
Just to be clear, I never typed any of that. He wasn’t on 247 or prephoops, he wasn’t on top players in CA list and he wasn’t on a list of top SoCal players. So, there’s not much info on him

If we have learned anything about Ben Johnson's approach this year, it's this:

he has a system. he knows the type of player he wants to fill different roles on the team. and he is going to recruit players who fit that profile.

so if he and his staff think this kid deserves a scholarship, we'll just have to wait and see how it works.

Welcome Jaden. Looks like he has some hops...
I can't believe this kid is a teenager from looking at the wrinkles under his eyes!
They really used a lot HDR on the photos. It adds a lot of detail to slight changes in contrast and can make anyone look very battle torn if used too much.

Here is a quick example of Ben official pic:
Ben_Johnson_0012.jpegBen_Johnson_0012 copy.jpg

4yr rebuilding program. All new starters this year and next. We'll see what it looks like when today's freshmen are seniors.

100% false.

Well, I’m going to go out on the limb and say, Battle, being a Soph, is going to return. From what Spencer claimed on a radio broadcast, Curry could return if he wanted. Conceivably 2 of 5 could be back. Curry I will believe when I see it. Battle I would be really surprised if he wasn’t back. Lots of games left this year. Good luck to Henley and nice to see him choose the Gophers over San Diego State.

Seriously? I mean....if he wanted to....that would be nice.

Only thing I know about Cali recruits is they lost their 2020 AAU season, 20-21 high school season was played when the rest of the country was in AAU, so there's probably legit under the radar talent. All I know is Miles Byrd was in the top 100, he wasn't a take because of his frame and went to San Diego State. The staff must think this guy plays with more grit or can handle the ball some or can guard more positions. If he can guard spots 1-3 on the court I think it's worth a shot

Top Bottom