Jaden Henley committed!

Thanks for posting! Love what Bossi had to say about Jaden!
Bossi: We will watch him again on Wednesday, but Henley has impressive physical tools to go along with some game. A long armed and bouncy athlete, Henley impressed with his first step off the dribble, ability to rise up and knock down open shots from deep and his desire to attack the rim in transition.

Henley is on the lean side, but his frame is built to carry muscle without costing him any flexibility and he looks to have a lot of upside. In the era of the transfer portal, high major programs have been less and less inclined to go all in on off the radar players like Henley and the first impression he made on Tuesday made it pretty clear why the Gophers decided to go ahead and get him locked up.

Good news on Henley. From what I’ve read and seen about him I am enthusiastic. Seems versatile, good passer and creator. I was worried that a blue blood would notice him and he’d end up flipping to USC or UCLA.

Last edited:

When does everyone come together and start working out and practicing?
I have not kept up on it but 2021 included a waiver allowing non-coaching staff to conduct instructional, on-court activities during an 8 week summer season starting in June. I am not certain if that waiver will remain in place.

The existing rule is that assistant coaches can work with players for up to 8 hours per week on skill-related skills beginning in July for 8 weeks or until classes start.

checked in at The Pioneer Press; was a pretty good read.

Jaden is an intriguing player from the game film that I have seen on him. His size puts him as a wing but he does still have some handles as he has grown a lot over the last couple of years and did bring the ball up. I hope that he can carry some weight because he does need some strength. That said he is definitely an outside player. He has some length which should help him get playing time if he has the 'want to' on defense.

Jaden is an intriguing player from the game film that I have seen on him. His size puts him as a wing but he does still have some handles as he has grown a lot over the last couple of years and did bring the ball up. I hope that he can carry some weight because he does need some strength. That said he is definitely an outside player. He has some length which should help him get playing time if he has the 'want to' on defense.
After reading that article, I’d bet the “want to” will be there. That or he’ll respond well to Ben’s methods (i.e. forcing the player to show to do things in practice before earning game time ala Thompson last season)

Awesome. Two days in a row of great basketball news -- the Wolves' win being yesterday's awesomeness:clap::clap::clap:. Can't wait for tomorrow - we're on a roll...

1649887759149.png

Excellent. I smell Quincy 2.0.

I was mocked in another thread for postulating that I Would take the 20th ranked Cali player (his then ranking) anytime; a fellow poster lovingly researched the previous 10 years of 20th ranked players.

Since I couldn’t find that exchange, I wanted to see if they have the same smugnesses now that, per the article, he’s ranked #3.

I’ll hang up and listen.

Excellent. I smell Quincy 2.0.

I was mocked in another thread for postulating that I Would take the 20th ranked Cali player (his then ranking) anytime; a fellow poster lovingly researched the previous 10 years of 20th ranked players.

Since I couldn’t find that exchange, I wanted to see if they have the same smugnesses now that, per the article, he’s ranked #3.

I’ll hang up and listen.

We're going with prep hoops rankings now? I'm not even sure where they came up with #3 in the article. Look at this list and tell me these are rankings we should believe in? I also see a bunch of California kids, and lower ranked Minnesota kids, but no Henley. https://www.prephoops.com/2022-rankings/

I'm not sure who was mocking you but he's still ranked 20 on 247. I like his potential, but at nearly 6'8" now, he's not going to be a guard as others had hoped.

We're going with prep hoops rankings now? I'm not even sure where they came up with #3 in the article. Look at this list and tell me these are rankings we should believe in? I also see a bunch of California kids, and lower ranked Minnesota kids, but no Henley. https://www.prephoops.com/2022-rankings/

I'm not sure who was mocking you but he's still ranked 20 on 247. I like his potential, but at nearly 6'8" now, he's not going to be a guard as others had hoped.
Magic Johnson would like to talk to you.

Henley has guard skills as he has had a growth spurt. He will not be the primary ball handler in college but regularly brings the ball up for Colony. He fits Johnson's vision of having a multitude of players who can take care of the rock.

Henley has a lot of skills to bring to the table. The question, as with any prep players, is whether he can bring those skills to big time college basketball and continue to improve his game.

of course not as a primary ball handler....hes a perfect wing in the college game today. and as eco mentioned hes perfect for Johnsons vision of having a number of guys bring the ball up. Hes going to be very good for us!

Pretty sure he was talking about rankings in California......

Pretty sure he was talking about rankings in California......

And of the overall 250 list I posted, it shows entirely different rankings with a bunch of players listed from California and not Henley. The site is poor and doesn't make sense.

Henley has guard skills as he has had a growth spurt. He will not be the primary ball handler in college but regularly brings the ball up for Colony. He fits Johnson's vision of having a multitude of players who can take care of the rock.

Henley has a lot of skills to bring to the table. The question, as with any prep players, is whether he can bring those skills to big time college basketball and continue to improve his game.

I agree, I'm just saying he's likely more Jamison Battle than a guard. If Henley starts someday, it will likely be with two other guards.

Ihnen was also recruited as a SG, but now people are trying to make him a PF because he's 6'9". Henley is closer to Ihnen than he is Peyton Willis. They're both wings.

And of the overall 250 list I posted, it shows entirely different rankings with a bunch of players listed from California and not Henley. The site is poor and doesn't make sense.
He's currently (according to that site) the 3rd rated player in Southern California. That's what the previous post was about. Not vouching for the veracity of that site.....

I agree, I'm just saying he's likely more Jamison Battle than a guard. If Henley starts someday, it will likely be with two other guards.

Ihnen was also recruited as a SG, but now people are trying to make him a PF because he's 6'9". Henley is closer to Ihnen than he is Peyton Willis. They're both wings.
Jamison Battle to me looks like a guard on offense. Being lefthanded he looks to do some of the same stuff at times as DLO. I know it's a terrible comparison and he may guard 4s on D, but the way he dribbles into his mid range or drives to the hoop he looks like a 2 or a 3.

i mean he was recruited to be a wing and they arent trying to make him a PF just because hes 6'9".....he was moved to the PF spot simply because thats his best position...it was night and day for him 2 years ago when he finally started playing longer minutes there....

but yes Henley seems like a perfect player to groom into the replacement for battle on the wing....or the more tradition SF or 3 spot....but i certainly see him being able to bring the ball up off a rebound or whatever and get them into the offense as well

Top Bottom