Jaden Henley commits to DePaul

DePaul 22-23 season:
10-23 overall - 3-17 conference

roster had 5 grad students and 2 seniors. looks like they will lose their #1, #2 and #5 leading scorers for sure. the seniors were #3 and #6 leading scorers. If they don't come back, that's 5 of the top 6 scorers on the team.

I would guess that some playing time will be available.
Total guess...I think Henley wants to play up tempo. Ben did not this year. Style of play may have been a big factor. Henley can be very good going up and down in transition.

I’ve lived in Chicago for 20 years now and one thing is clear: Chicago winters are NOTHING like Minnesota winters. Much more mild and a heck of a lot less snow.
And gray as $hit. Lived there for 6. Weather not a factor in this kids decision. Who knows why left.

Do you often wish bad things on 19 year olds that make life decisions you don’t agree with or is this a one-off?
I mean I get not wishing for injuries… but who cares if they’re successful. It’s sports. Kinda fun to root against “the bad guys”

Do you often wish bad things on 19 year olds that make life decisions you don’t agree with or is this a one-off?
What's bad about getting beat out?

My bad, I think I went way too far.

Ben recruited him, played him when he was brutal, stuck with him, and the thanks is see ya later.

So I'm not cheering for him now.

If he'd have went to Wisconsin, you could cheer for him to succeed all you want.

I don't give a shit about DePaul, or Henley. I hope he gets beats out.

Last edited:

What's bad about getting beat out?

My bad, I think I went way too far.

Ben recruited him, played him when he was brutal, stuck with him, and the thanks is see ya later.

So I'm not cheering for him now.

If he'd have went to Wisconsin, you could cheer for him to succeed all you want.

I don't give a shit about DePaul, or Henley. I hope he gets beats out.
Ben and Henley remain close.

Are you implying that you hope Badger basketball players have bad seasons? You monster!!!
See now, I like them to have excellent seasons. Then, play us, and have those excellent seasons go down the tubes. But, beating them is sufficient.

See now, I like them to have excellent seasons. Then, play us, and have those excellent seasons go down the tubes. But, beating them is sufficient.
I'd rather have them have long, healthy, satisfying lives but lose every single basketball game they play.

They must have loved his 1-7 stat line when we played them this fall.

This happened pretty quick. I wonder if his handlers weren't out looking for the best offer.

He was a turnover machine with decent defense.

Not a big loss. Stop your crying everyone

He has potential. Fact is he wouldn’t have played for any other Big Ten team as a freshman. Many times he was flat out terrible.

He has potential. Fact is he wouldn’t have played for any other Big Ten team as a freshman. Many times he was flat out terrible.
I think this is pretty fair/true. I think he left because he wants to go-go, to run, to play fast and Ben kept slowing things down. No hard feelings.
Back to the start...he has potential.

First Nebraska game Tominaga had 9 points just for a starters

Actually, it was 5 points but Tominaga played only 12 minutes in that game. Henley also played only 12 minutes. Tominaga is a fine shooter but wasn't an unstoppable scoring machine for the whole season. He was held to single digits in 10 games. It wasn't until the final stretch of the season where he became a consistently prolific scorer (20.3 points per game in his last 9 games).

I’ve lived in Chicago for 20 years now and one thing is clear: Chicago winters are NOTHING like Minnesota winters. Much more mild and a heck of a lot less snow.
Sure, an average core winter high in the 20's and 51 inches of average snowfall is measurably worse than 30's and 37 inches.

He's from Ontario, California. They average in the mid-upper 60's and zero snow in winter.

Weather was not a factor.

Sure, an average core winter high in the 20's and 51 inches of average snowfall is measurably worse than 30's and 37 inches.

He's from Ontario, California. They average in the mid-upper 60's and zero snow in winter.

Weather was not a factor.
Never said it was or wasn’t, merely passing along my observations of far less severe winters during my 20 years in Chicago than my 16 years in Minnesota.

Your basketball IQ isn’t doesn’t let you see ben put his players in bad situations and not to their strengths

If you have to resort to crap like this in an argument, you don't have any standing to disparage others' IQs.

They probably the potential of a 6’7 guard that can play multiple positions and guard the best players on opposing teams
Except he really can't guard the best players on the other team well - at least not without a lot of continued development, and a change in attitude to want to do this.

Total guess...I think Henley wants to play up tempo. Ben did not this year. Style of play may have been a big factor. Henley can be very good going up and down in transition.

Winning is not a priority !!!
I just want allot of playing time

Top Bottom