Jack Henderson commits to Gophers

I’m starting to feel like the program is in a healthy place with an annual baseline of 8 wins. I do think the schedule is tough next year so perhaps it is a rare 8 win ceiling. We shall see.

But, 8 wins with regularity with occasional 10 wins or more would make me happy.

I’m starting to feel like the program is in a healthy place with an annual baseline of 8 wins. I do think the schedule is tough next year so perhaps it is a rare 8 win ceiling. We shall see.

But, 8 wins with regularity with occasional 10 wins or more would make me happy.
This.

The program for years never had the depth to be a consistent 8 win team. PJ may make game management mistakes but he has created a full and complete 2 deep that isn't wiped out w injuries.

It's just up to him to make the next step.

Once again....it appears we are gaining more from the portal than losing. Some really solid additions.
PJ said in a press conference they will be out recruiting and will be leaving one visit to go to another and…. suddenly divert to visit a guy who hits the portal before the next scheduled visit.

They’re all in on the portal game it seems.

PJ said in a press conference they will be out recruiting and will be leaving one visit to go to another and…. suddenly divert to visit a guy who hits the portal before the next scheduled visit.

They’re all in on the portal game it seems.

Why not? Portal moves fast....and Fleck has charisma. I imagine that he's able to sell himself and his vision with the best.

This.

The program for years never had the depth to be a consistent 8 win team. PJ may make game management mistakes but he has created a full and complete 2 deep that isn't wiped out w injuries.

I think this is what many have been wanting. Consistent success with decent bowl games and a chance to have a big season every 3-4 years. I can’t see how anyone would have a problem with that. It’s probably never going to be a machine like O$U but outside a few teams nationally who is. 8 wins is good.

This.

Yup, Fleck’s roster management has been the best I’ve seen from Gopher coaches. Other regimes seemed to always struggle at certain positions.

He's a strong safety.

He earned 90 tackles, seven for lost yards, two sacks, two interceptions and two forced fumbles.
I don’t think we play a traditional strong safety. I expect he will compete for the big nickle/ safety spot (where Dixon played last year) but he could be in play for howden’s spot too.

Very good get. Good athlete, good kid. Has earned his stripes on the field. Looking for the next challenge. PJ has upgraded the team nicely via the portal this year. Can’t be many scholie spots left, unless there are additional portal departures after the bowl game.

Yup, Fleck’s roster management has been the best I’ve seen from Gopher coaches. Other regimes seemed to always struggle at certain positions.
Every coach struggles at some positions.

Very good get. Good athlete, good kid. Has earned his stripes on the field. Looking for the next challenge. PJ has upgraded the team nicely via the portal this year. Can’t be many scholie spots left, unless there are additional portal departures after the bowl game.
I'm sure there will be departures between bowl game and end of spring.

I don’t think we play a traditional strong safety. I expect he will compete for the big nickle/ safety spot (where Dixon played last year) but he could be in play for howden’s spot too.
That's what I think as well. He really seems to be an aggressive downhill tackler from his highlights. Brings the lumber big time. Doubt he'll mind mixing it up in the box.

No other coach had the option to sign 5-10 transfers a year who don’t have to sit, and to be able to get guys to stay for 6th years.

No other coach had the option to sign 5-10 transfers a year who don’t have to sit, and to be able to get guys to stay for 6th years.
True, but he did well before those options existed as well.

He’s the best DL recruiter I’ve seen here. Has punting been a liability?
I don't think we've had a good punter since Mortell. DL was our second biggest weakness this year IMO (after WR).

I don't think we've had a good punter since Mortell. DL was our second biggest weakness this year IMO (after WR).
Biggest weakness on a really good defense. They were still solid and had depth. They weren’t trotting out walk on starters like we’ve had to in the past.

Top Bottom