Jabril Cox, NDSU linebacker/grad transfer

Are you really blaming Kill for not identifying Carson Wentz?

No one did. Literally, no one.

Every single team in the country would have been better off signing Carson Wentz and every one of them missed.

Not really, but why is it ok to blame Brew when Kill had every chance to recruit Wentz as well and actually had the job come signing day.

Not really, but why is it ok to blame Brew when Kill had every chance to recruit Wentz as well and actually had the job come signing day.

Huh? It's not Ok to blame Brew. I have been saying this entire time that it's asinine to blame Brew for not landing Wentz.

I think Moorhead is a huge sugar beet refinery.

North Moorhead has a huge beet processing plant. If the wind blows east at all, Fargo gets stinky (a.k.a. the smell of money to regional beet farmers).

Jabril Cox to MN Gophers. Why not? He can get out of the flood prone area. Man, is the area on I-94 leading to Fargo-Moorehead ever flat! Fargo/Moorehead is on the Red River bottom.

It was part of great glacial Lake Agassiz formed 9000 years ago which led to the formation of the Red River Valley which is prone to flooding. The river knows where its boundaries are.

lake-agassiz-275-188-27.jpg

Jabril Cox to MN Gophers. Why not? He can get out of the flood prone area. Man, is the area on I-94 leading to Fargo-Moorehead ever flat! Fargo/Moorehead is on the Red River bottom.

It was part of great glacial Lake Agassiz formed 9000 years ago which led to the formation of the Red River Valley which is prone to flooding. The river knows where its boundaries are.

View attachment 7240

It must really suck to live in Winnipeg!

My parents are from Grand Forks, got married in January, 1948 at the age of 18, & honeymooned in Winnipeg! In JANUARY!!! WTF...
So my gramps calls them long distance at the hotel and asks them "wotcha doon?"
My dad's answer: "Laying around..." lol

I was born and raised in Moorhead. Home to the best Dairy Queen in the world. Grandfathered in before corporate Dairy Queen was a thing. They make all their own creations and thumb their noses at corporate. If any of you ever go to Moorhead make sure you go there. They have been on national news many times. 8th street and Main

I was born and raised in Moorhead. Home to the best Dairy Queen in the world. Grandfathered in before corporate Dairy Queen was a thing. They make all their own creations and thumb their noses at corporate. If any of you ever go to Moorhead make sure you go there. They have been on national news many times. 8th street and Main

Did not know that!

Congrats to him. Hope he has a great season at LSU and gets drafted next year.

I bartended at a bar in Bismarck about 5 years ago, and Carson's uncle was a regular there. Was told Carson would have been a Gopher had Brewster ever offered...or even offered a PWO. Said he just kept stringing Carson along, trying to keep him in his back pocket in case some other recruits fell through....Carson eventually had enough, and just decided to go to a place where he knew he was wanted.

I can kind of understand Tim not signing him...Carson was a late bloomer, who sat out his junior season due to injury. He didn't have much FBS interest outside of Central Michigan...but at the same time, Tim saw this kid in person numerous times at camps. How do you not recognize the talent? I believe the three coaches to proceed Tim would have gotten Carson here. Tim just didn't have an eye for talent, and I think Carson was the perfect example of Tim chasing stars in recruiting.
I may be wrong on this, but I "think" I remember seeing something similar regarding Brewster's recruitment, or lack thereof, of JJ Watts.

Thank you Dairy Queen owner.

Top Bottom