Jabril Cox, NDSU linebacker/grad transfer

He was a gopher that gave the program everything he had. He helped pull the team out of losing to FCS schools and got us back to respectable.
I'll backtrack a little and say that there's no reason to dig at a kid who played hard and behaved himself on and off the field, but he really didn't do much in the way of helping us get back to respectability, he was just along for the ride while others did that.

I'll backtrack a little and say that there's no reason to dig at a kid who played hard and behaved himself on and off the field, but he really didn't do much in the way of helping us get back to respectability, he was just along for the ride while others did that.

If you "get back to respectability" the QB had something to do with it.

Disagreed. He wasn't a great passer, but he lead offense Kill wanted. We were very efficient in RZ due to Mitch's running and ability to run read option.

There is no reason to rag on MN kid that wore the M proudly.

Disagreed. He wasn't a great passer, but he lead offense Kill wanted. We were very efficient in RZ due to Mitch's running and ability to run read option.

There is no reason to rag on MN kid that wore the M proudly.
I won't rage on him as a person, but he was an awful QB. And he averaged 3.4 yards/carry if you really want to tout his running ability.

Being from KC, MO and spending the last few years in Fargo, I would imagine he's more than ready to get the hell out of the cold of the upper midwest. I'd say chances are pretty slim but it's worth a shot

Come back home Ogee, spring is here. 62 degrees today.

Keep in mind, the Gophers can only sign Cox if Dylan McGill is gray shirting and enrolling next winter and the Gophers aren't signing Spielman to a scholarship (or at all).

Keep in mind, the Gophers can only sign Cox if Dylan McGill is gray shirting and enrolling next winter and the Gophers aren't signing Spielman to a scholarship (or at all).

Gophers don't have a chance with Cox. Is clearly going for the creme de La Creme of the SEC. Hard to blame him really

I won't rage on him as a person, but he was an awful QB. And he averaged 3.4 yards/carry if you really want to tout his running ability.
Three of those 3.4 yards per carry gets you a first down all day long and moves the sticks. Oops, sorry math isn’t supposed to be involved in these threads.

It doesn't. This was Kill's first class. Brewster was fired by October of Carson's senior season in HS.

I think Carson's "uncle" probably pulled a fast one on Skauma.

All of that said, of course we could have landed him and so could have every other P5 program in the country. It's not an exact science and sometimes everyone misses on a recruit. It happens every single year.

And most QB commits are locked up by then. Story matches up with the injury his JR year, but Carson didn't travel much cause he played other sports. Wouldn't have mattered Jerry and Limegrover wouldn't have gotten him any WR's to throw to.

What's wrong with trashing Mitch?
Mitch was an average QB who was the best option we had at the time. He helped us win a lot of games and gave it everything he had thru a ton of adversity, injury, etc. The attitude toward ML7 on this board is so misguided that we trash him in a thread about a NDSU LB.

Awful? Along for the ride?
He threw 36 TDs, Ran for 33 more, had a 121.2 QB Rating to go along with a 24-17 record as a starter. No one is on here to say he deserves to be in the HOF, but the "awful" and "he sucked" crowd are ignoring the facts.

Frankly, you don't know what you're talking about. Not that this is always the best litmus test, but the only other person who shares your opinion is a mentally deranged person who is stalking a Gopher fan around different forums. That's not even hyperbole.

Mitch committed to the U coming off of one of our worst stretches in school history. We were at rock bottom and he chose to play for the Gophers. I love the flashy new recruits we're getting, it's fun, but we probably aren't landing a ton of them if Mitch (and others) didn't help us dig out of that hole. It's not easy, ask Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, Colorado, etc.

By the time Mitch was done, he was the QB for 4 straight bowl seasons including a game on January 1st (for the first time in my life as a Gopher fan). Was he perfect? Absolutely not. We were a pretty average program and I'm not here to argue that Mitch was a great Gopher player. However, for people to take shots at HIM? You're just not a Gopher fan.

Mitch's 69 TDs during his 3.5 years as a starter kind of helped us go from putrid to decent. That's a really tough thing to do. The fact that some Gopher "fans" still take shots at Mitch is absurd.

Ahh. You don't watch college football. I get it now.

It's almost like in college football, QB rushing averages are extremely low due to sacks being counted as rushing attempts.

Justin Fields - YPC 3.5 - - what a loser!!!!
Russell Wilson - YPC 3.2 - - Can you imagine having someone so immobile?

Lots of red zone rushing attempts are generally going to mean a lower yards/carry average. Plus sacks do count against a QB's rushing numbers.

Frankly, you don't know what you're talking about. Not that this is always the best litmus test, but the only other person who shares your opinion is a mentally deranged person who is stalking a Gopher fan around different forums. That's not even hyperbole.

Mitch committed to the U coming off of one of our worst stretches in school history. We were at rock bottom and he chose to play for the Gophers. I love the flashy new recruits we're getting, it's fun, but we probably aren't landing a ton of them if Mitch (and others) didn't help us dig out of that hole. It's not easy, ask Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, Colorado, etc.

By the time Mitch was done, he was the QB for 4 straight bowl seasons including a game on January 1st (for the first time in my life as a Gopher fan). Was he perfect? Absolutely not. We were a pretty average program and I'm not here to argue that Mitch was a great Gopher player. However, for people to take shots at HIM? You're just not a Gopher fan.

Mitch's 69 TDs during his 3.5 years as a starter kind of helped us go from putrid to decent. That's a really tough thing to do. The fact that some Gopher "fans" still take shots at Mitch is absurd.
1. I'm fine with you disagreeing with me, but I don't know why I need to be lumped in with Spoofin's stalker because I don't think highly of Mitch as a football player.
2. Yes he chose to play here, but it's not as if he turned down a lot of big time offers to come here.
3. I don't believe in assigning credit for wins to an individual player. It's a team game.
4. I will admit using YPC for a QB is a very flawed metric (as are wins and total TD).
5. Again you are free to disagree, but in my experience (yes this is anecdotal), no fans of other teams have been highly complimentary of Mitch as a QB, just Gopher fans who may have a touch of bias.
6. I understand many associate him with an uptick in competitiveness in Gopher Football, but I don't know why I am looked at as crazy for thinking he was more of a beneficiary of good defense and running games rather than the driver behind the success.

And most QB commits are locked up by then. Story matches up with the injury his JR year, but Carson didn't travel much cause he played other sports. Wouldn't have mattered Jerry and Limegrover wouldn't have gotten him any WR's to throw to.

The story matches because Carson was injured, we all knew Carson was injured.

The story does not match at all. We are to believe that Carson wanted to be a Gopher so bad that he probably would have taken a PWO but the "uncle" does not even have the coach right. Most of the PWO aren't really even offered until after the dust settles a little on the season. What happened in his recruitment from October through January?

This person claiming to be Carson's uncle knew enough about college football to tell a lie. We all know Brew is kind of a dope and he was a "recruitnik". Carson slipped through the cracks and is in our general area.

Well said, well done.

1. I'm fine with you disagreeing with me, but I don't know why I need to be lumped in with Spoofin's stalker because I don't think highly of Mitch as a football player.
2. Yes he chose to play here, but it's not as if he turned down a lot of big time offers to come here.
3. I don't believe in assigning credit for wins to an individual player. It's a team game.
4. I will admit using YPC for a QB is a very flawed metric (as are wins and total TD).
5. Again you are free to disagree, but in my experience (yes this is anecdotal), no fans of other teams have been highly complimentary of Mitch as a QB, just Gopher fans who may have a touch of bias.
6. I understand many associate him with an uptick in competitiveness in Gopher Football, but I don't know why I am looked at as crazy for thinking he was more of a beneficiary of good defense and running games rather than the driver behind the success.

1. Not in all areas, but in this area you are aligned with Spoofin's stalker. You feel the need to take shots at someone who did a lot for the U.
2. How do you know what he would have had? He shut down his recruiting in June. Looking at offers is incredibly stupid for people who shut down their recruiting.
3. No, but players are part of a team and he played kind of an important position, don't ya think? It's the reason why you still take shots at Mitch but not Cameron Botticelli.
4. You think YPC is as flawed of a metric for a starting QB as wins and total TDs? Yep, I don't think you watch college football.
5. I never said that they did. You are moving the goal posts. You have been ripping on Mitch, there is a giant gulf between "other fans don't speak highly of him" and you feeling the need to rip on him and call him horrible.
6. You don't think those 30+ rushing TDs were part of that running game? Are rushing TDs a decent metric to be used when analyzing the rushing game? I have no way of knowing this, but you're talking about a guy who probably ran for 4.5 YPC and 30+ rushing TDs from the QB position (if you subtracted sacks). So yes, Mitch was a product and part of a strong running game.

Mitch was an average QB who was the best option we had at the time. He helped us win a lot of games and gave it everything he had thru a ton of adversity, injury, etc. The attitude toward ML7 on this board is so misguided that we trash him in a thread about a NDSU LB.
*Below Average* And he was trash

Awful? Along for the ride?
He threw 36 TDs, Ran for 33 more, had a 121.2 QB Rating to go along with a 24-17 record as a starter. No one is on here to say he deserves to be in the HOF, but the "awful" and "he sucked" crowd are ignoring the facts.
Give it a rest buddy. Mitch was trash. Could he even throw a spiral????

Awsome....a thread about a Linebacker has been turned into thread number 5,000,000,000 about Leidner and as an added bonus we once again get to hear from Spoofin's jack waggon stalker. May as well just shut this thread down as it is going to be worthless from this point on.

I don't get how this thread went so quickly into trash talk about Mitch ... wtf?

The story does not match at all. We are to believe that Carson wanted to be a Gopher so bad that he probably would have taken a PWO but the "uncle" does not even have the coach right. Most of the PWO aren't really even offered until after the dust settles a little on the season. What happened in his recruitment from October through January?
Many and most QBs who are going P5 are already committed before they start their SR year is my point and many already have their rosters filled, so it's easy to see why he was passed over if he wasn't flying all over to camps was my main point.

This person claiming to be Carson's uncle knew enough about college football to tell a lie. We all know Brew is kind of a dope and he was a "recruitnik". Carson slipped through the cracks and is in our general area.

Why would the dude lie? He was a regular at the bar in Carson's hometown. It's not that outlandish was my point like you seem to think it is. Either way I don't blame the staff, he redshirted at NDSU as well. Wasn't like it was an easy thing to spot.

I don't get how this thread went so quickly into trash talk about Mitch ... wtf?

Are you new here? :)

All you have to do to derail any thread is mention Leidner or Kill/Claeys. There are a few other topics that will derail a thread as well but those are guaranteed immediate show stoppers.

Are you new here? :)

All you have to do to derail any thread is mention Leidner or Kill/Claeys. There are a few other topics that will derail a thread as well but those are guaranteed immediate show stoppers.

Just seemed like one of the more ... solid threads and took a turn really early ... also unusually harsh thread too.

So Uncle Rico is in New Jersey?
giphy.gif

Mitch was trash how many times do I need to remind you ???
*Below Average* And he was trash

NJG - I'm going to tell you something I hope you take to heart. I know your instinct will be to dismiss this, but give it a read.

I think we can all agree you are cyberstalking me. After creating 17 user names with the sole purpose of insulting an anonymous internet poster and his family, I don't think there is any debate about that. Agreed? Good.

In light of the news yesterday about the man in California who was sentenced to jail in a cyberstalking case, I heard some commentary on the radio about how those that do this type of thing are typically mentally ill. This prompted me to do a little research and I landed on an article in Psychology Today that among other things stated, "Many cyberstalkers are obsessed, unstable, or otherwise mentally ill", and that "because stalking in some perpetrators can be a form of addiction, it will not get better without treatment. The predator must acknowledge they have a problem and seek therapy and a significant amount of support."

In addition to agreeing that you are stalking me - I think we can all agree it is an addition with you. Not only due to the 17 (seventeen!) accounts you have created, but also that you simply can't stop. You literally posted just minutes after saying you would stop ("peace out GH"). You continue to post even though many, even those that like me the least on this site, have tried to make it clear to you how pathetic your approach is. You simply can't see the reality of the situation.

Again, I'm sure you will dismiss this as you "just like trolling" - but the warning signs are there. Don't ignore them. You are not normal or clever in any way by doing this. It is time to get help. Seriously.

Top Bottom