J.P Macura

Literally no one had offered him when Tubby was fired. It's possible he just wasn't a great player while Tubby was here. I don't really miss him. He seems liked he'd be a solid player, maybe a starter, but not necessarily a game changer. It's also very possible that even if we put in more effort, he would have still chosen a small private school over one of the biggest public schools in the country.

Macura also had an off court issue in the offseason. If he does that here, then Pitino is a poor judge of character.

Mods please lock this **** and stop people from saying completely idiotic stuff.

Ok. Not weird at all - in the future post this kind of stuff on the JP Macura board instead of the Gopher basketball one I care about the University of Minnesota team not someone who didn't want to be a part of it despite being born here.

Dude...you're slipping. Using punctuation and and capital letters? You've done this a couple of times since you altered your Gopherhole persona after declaring your man crush on lil' Kiffy. Makes me think you're not quite as committed to this bit as you would like.

Dude...you're slipping. Using punctuation and and capital letters? You've done this a couple of times since you altered your Gopherhole persona after declaring your man crush on lil' Kiffy. Makes me think you're not quite as committed to this bit as you would like.

I know, I'm disappointed in myself too. :(

Macura might be a starter.

He literally starts and is a major contributor on a top 15 team.

Macura would be the best player on this team. Period.

Didn't look like he was starting last year, was 6th on the team in minutes per game, 9.4 points, 35.6% from 3. I got the feeling he was a solid, steady 6th man but not a star, and OP just happened to be watching on the best game of his career.

Didn't look like he was starting last year, was 6th on the team in minutes per game, 9.4 points, 35.6% from 3. I got the feeling he was a solid, steady 6th man but not a star, and OP just happened to be watching on the best game of his career.

He was averaging about 16 BEFORE the game yesterday and is up to 19.5 now. He'd be the best scorer on the Gophers, not sure how anyone can argue that.

He was averaging about 16 BEFORE the game yesterday and is up to 19.5 now. He'd be the best scorer on the Gophers, not sure how anyone can argue that.

Well then it seems like he's contributing a lot more than he was last year. Looks he's jumped from 6th in minutes last year to 2nd this year. I just think back to seeing threads on how Anders Broman and Joey King were major recruiting misses and I preemptively roll my eyes a bit when I see another "local kid who doesn't play for the Gophers is amazing!" thread. I admit I haven't watched him this year and was basing my opinion more on what I knew from his first two years. Looks like he's contributing a lot more now and has practically doubled his scoring output from last year.

Macura will be forgotten next year when a myriad of Brad Davison 'what could have been' threads begin appearing.

I agree with this statement.
I've liked Davison for a long time as well. I've thought he was better than his highly touted teammate Nikko since I first saw them play together.

(spoiler alert) I'll probably post about him being a miss in the future just as I have written post about how I wish the Gopher's could/would get him in the past.

Amir looks great; I hope the trend of our top recruits coming to the U continues.

Keyser; thanks for correcting my grammatical error I appreciate that...

We are having a really good year. We have tons of upside. Our 4* freshman just scored 30.

I've checked this board like 4 times today and the top post is about J.P. Macura.

[slaps forehead]

Move on, people.

We are having a really good year. We have tons of upside. Our 4* freshman just scored 30.

I've checked this board like 4 times today and the top post is about J.P. Macura.

[slaps forehead]

Move on, people.

Then start a different thread about some other topic and steer clear of the one clearly labeled JP Macura. Why is it off-limits to talk about a local kid who decided to go somewhere else for his own reasons who is having a pretty nice career for a program that is very much a factor? Why can't we do that? Why can't we talk about his recruiting? Why can't we talk about where he might fit in for the Gophers? Not everyone surfs every single thread on this board every single day.

If you're not interested, don't open the thread.

Then start a different thread about some other topic and steer clear of the one clearly labeled JP Macura. Why is it off-limits to talk about a local kid who decided to go somewhere else for his own reasons who is having a pretty nice career for a program that is very much a factor? Why can't we do that? Why can't we talk about his recruiting? Why can't we talk about where he might fit in for the Gophers? Not everyone surfs every single thread on this board every single day.

Amen...

Let the mods do the policing abour what constitutes an appropriate expression of an opinion.

GopherJake said:

Jigga said:
Amen...

Let the mods do the policing abour what constitutes an appropriate expression of an opinion.

My bad, dudes. Never said anything was off limits. And, yes, I should just ignore these posts.

Me slapping my forehead is a commentary on checking the board the morning after a big win against a brand-name team and seeing top posts about lost recruits and Royce White spottings. It's just a little deflating to me.

I'm with barn boy. I believe the OP was posted with 3 min left in the first half against SJU (in the middle of Amir's run). Why are gopher fans lamenting at what could have been during the excitement of a big run lead by a freshman?? I find this very deflating.

Edit: not OP. Was referring to post #10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with barn boy. I believe the OP was posted with 3 min left in the first half against SJU (in the middle of Amir's run). Why are gopher fans lamenting at what could have been during the excitement of a big run lead by a freshman?? I find this very deflating.

The OP was posted almost 4 hours before the tip of the St. John's game.

Minutes
Left
In
Half
(Not actually true)
Must
Open
Thread
That
Makes
Me
Physically
Angry.
No
Self
Control.
Someone
Else's
Fault.

The OP was posted almost 4 hours before the tip of the St. John's game.

Whoops. You are correct. It was Jigga's post (#10) to which I was referring. This is what drew my attention to the thread. I may be off on the exact point in the game (maybe it was three minutes left in the game? Feel free to fact check actual timing if you wish compared to gameplay if you wish). My overall point is that it is unfortunate that some of our most passionate fans are stuck thinking about missed local recruits literally in the middle of one of the more exciting games in over a year.

Minutes
Left
In
Half
(Not actually true)
Must
Open
Thread
That
Makes
Me
Physically
Angry.
No
Self
Control.
Someone
Else's
Fault.

I think you misinterpreted my deflation as anger?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1479736106.262575.jpg

Hey folks. Guess I'm to blame for this longish thread. First time checking in since I started it. I didn't mean it as a referendum on the current roster or Pitino's recruiting. Had just watched JP for really the first time and thought I would comment since he was a Minnesota kid and I know we had offered him. I wish JP well and it looks like it was a good decision for him but just thought he would be an asset to our current roster. Go Gophers!!

Carry on.

Macura will be forgotten next year when a myriad of Brad Davison 'what could have been' threads begin appearing.

Nope. But there will be plenty of "what could have been" threads about another Lakeville North player who is also going to Wisconsin...Nate Reuvers.
Davison is not that good. I would've much rather had McKinley Wright, but I also like Washington better than Wright, so no probs here.

I am not very impressed with Nate Reuvers, and was not sad to see him to Wisconsin, but he probably will prove me wrong over there. Apparently Brey at Notre Dame was not as impressed as he could have been either.

Top Bottom