I've Changed My Opinion of Gophers Coaching

Nadine plus various undisclosed shadow moderators: Dr. Don needs to be banned; I'll offset the donation that he gave this year (X2). He does not come on here to offer opinions or views on the Gophers; he only comes on to bash other posters. He could do the same thing on the Yahoo Hermaphrodite or Breastfeeding boards; he just happened to choose this board. Please do the right thing. Plus, he is a "Creeper" in the words of Nadine

"Can't we all just get along?"
- Rodney King

Mock drafts had Rodney as the #1 overall pick at one point...if Royce stays another year or two and keeps his head on straight he should be a lottery pick.

I have read many places that Rodney was at one time projected to be a high first round pick in mock drafts but never the #1 overall pick. Not saying he wasn't but I have never seen that anywhere.

Is Royce better than Dramond Green? Green isn't even predicted as a first rounder.. although I think he should be.

NBA looks for 3 things:

1. Do you have an NBA skill?
Royce and green can both rebound and pass. Green can shoot outside.

2. Can you guard a position?
They can both guard shorter pf's. Neither could card a sf.

3. Are you undersized for the position?
Both are probably 2-3 shorter than the ideal height for pf.

There is room for undersized pf's in the league: D. Blair, M. Rose, Bass, Chuck Hayes. The just aren't high draft picks.

Elton Brand's measureables are almost exactly the same as Royce White's, and he was the #1 overall draft pick. They are completely different types of players, but the point is that there have been tons of players who overcame height deficiencies to go on to great, or even HOF, careers.

We'll see if Royce measures what Elton did? But your right in that height can be overcome, it's just a difference of opinion on how often that happens. Either way a great talent.

Changed my mind.

I will no longer be calling for Tubby to leave. He deserves additional years to his contract. After watching the Goph's play the horrid Miami team last night, I have to credit the team for playing hard when nothing is on the line, just pride.

Top Bottom