IU coach Kevin Wilson sticks it to a couple of radio *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#s

lol Wow. He was a bit short, eh? Of course, I would be too having to deal with some of the wise crackers.

I love it.

They're Radio guys!!!.... it is their JOB to crack jokes and be 'entertainers'. When a program sucks it's whole existance, they deserve the criticism. Indiana Football SUCKS. Far worse than the Gophers ever had. I'm a little surprised too that this guy who hasn't proven anything at Indiana yet can have the attitude like that. Prove to be a good coach (yes I know he hasn't coached there yet) but have a little humility for cripes sakes... take the jabs, show a sense of humor and prove them wrong. A coach without humility will just further make that program suck. (I believe that was one of Brewster's problem too), Coach Kill has that humility, and that's why he's been successful.

That was awesome, he did go a bit overboard but you cant diss the mans program before he comes on your show.

Linky no work for me.

Pretty dooshy move after Wilson is gone. Especially by the first doosh.

Loving this.

http://www.wnde.com/cc-common/media...de.com&SITE_ID=1222&STATION_ID=WNDE-AM&TRACK=

"Well coach, I don't appreciate your attitude..."

Who's got an attitude?

Ha! I thought I was listening to KFAN last year... The funny thing is you really couldn't tell much from the coach, because he lost his voice. I feel sorry for the coach though because Trudeau (who came off as way too full of himself) and his sidekick will most likely make Barreiro look like a rah rah guy.

Linky no work for me.

Pretty dooshy move after Wilson is gone. Especially by the first doosh.

Complete a$$holes and totally full of themselves. Kevin Wilson comes on the show to talk about his football program and they immediately try to make everything about themselves.

Remember Reusse?

Remember how Brewster got into it with Reusse at his very first press conference, and the guy had it in for him the rest of his tenure? It wouldn't surprise me if the media there starts circling for the kill a little earlier after that outburst.

I'm curious how the kfan groupies will defend this type of radio show?

Wilson is in the right here. 100%. However, rather than acting like a petulant brat, he should've rolled with the punches and given it back even better than he got it. He started off well reminding Trudeau how his (Wilson's) Northwestern offense hung 61 on Trudeau's alma mater (Illinois), and he should've continued in that vein. Something along the lines of "even though we're roughly the same age, and both former Division I athletes, I'm still getting paid millions to coach football and you're a nobody on an AM radio station in Indianapolis that no one listens to." Something along those lines.

And Trudeau is even a Minnesota native. Born in Forest Lake. I'm glad that his family moved away right away so we don't have to claim him and his embarrassing self as our own.

Kevin Wilson came off as a total jackass in that interview. All Trudeau did was make one fairly innocent comment about not hearing the IU fight song much because they didn't score against Illinois when they played. It was AFTER Wilson hung up when the radio guys went overboard and said things they shouldn't have. All three of them come off as idiots after that interview, but Wilson needs thicker skin because I don't think the radio guys said anything out of line until after Wilson had a meltdown. That was just bizarre.

Kevin Wilson came off as a total jackass in that interview. All Trudeau did was make one fairly innocent comment about not hearing the IU fight song much because they didn't score against Illinois when they played. It was AFTER Wilson hung up when the radio guys went overboard and said things they shouldn't have. All three of them come off as idiots after that interview, but Wilson needs thicker skin because I don't think the radio guys said anything out of line until after Wilson had a meltdown. That was just bizarre.

+1

No doubt those radio guys came off as childish, spoiled idiots after the interview. But, Kevin Wilson loses even more in my opinion in this case. His total inability to roll with the punches and have a little fun with those guys, who were clearly ready for a fluff interview, is also childish and insecure. Those radio guys were really thrown off by his immediate reaction. Honestly, I thought Trudeau at the start was just having a little fun. He even applauded Indiana by saying his daughters went there and he hopes they win games. Wilson kind of lost it and then Trudeau proves they both are idiots. Wilson says he doesn't want to talk about the past, then goes on to tell them all about last year's team, etc. If Wilson is already starting to crack, that says something. As dpoll said, Wilson could have chided back in a fun way and all would have been good. Not in a million years could I see Kill responding that way. Kill would have poked a little fun back, or may have said, "You're right, we have been bad."

I agree. I just came away from the whole thing happy that I don't have to listen to that radio show hosted by that level of self-importance as well as being happy that Wilson wasn't hired here. Any one of the three could have kept the train on the track but all three worked hard to ensure the train wreck. The hosts shouldn't have led in with the IU bashing and Wilson could have easily slid over it if he had wanted to. Then, when he wouldn't let it go... the other two schmucks had their opportunity to pull it back together but instead took their turn at talking down to Wilson. All three get an "F" as far as I am concerned.

I think anyone who says that Wilson "had a meltdown," "lost it," or "cracked" is misrepresenting what happened. Far from it.

Wilson did none of those things. What he did is he was sarcastic and abrupt, and he had a perfect right to be. He was invited on a radio show, and the hosts of the show led in to his appearance by making fun of his school and badmouthing his team.

Indiana fans are absolutely loving that he did that, and the kids he recruits are going to respect it.

Who really comes off bad here are the two co-hosts. The response of whichever yahoo said "I don't appreciate your attitude" reminded me of Dan Quayle in his debate with Lloyd Bentsen, when all he could think of to say in response to an insult from Bentson was "That was really uncalled for." What a loser.

+2

if you guys think trudeau was talking out of both sides of his mouth, you're just jaded. he was direct with wilson, told him his attitude was disappointing and let him go. then he savaged him, as you'd expect. is he supposed to keep the guy on the line so he can yell at a guy (who doesn't have his voice) on the radio? unbelievable.

Wilson did none of those things. What he did is he was sarcastic and abrupt, and he had a perfect right to be. He was invited on a radio show, and the hosts of the show led in to his appearance by making fun of his school and badmouthing his team.

Indiana fans are absolutely loving that he did that, and the kids he recruits are going to respect it.

I agree, and I'm a little surprised that more people on GH don't, since we've had the same thing from kfan. You can't say "I hope they win games" if you just got done ripping them. That's like watching someone fall down and be unable to get up and saying "I hope they get up, but until they do I'm going to laugh at them." Either help the person up or shut up, but don't say you are wishing them the best when you really aren't.

if you guys think trudeau was talking out of both sides of his mouth, you're just jaded. he was direct with wilson, told him his attitude was disappointing and let him go. then he savaged him, as you'd expect. is he supposed to keep the guy on the line so he can yell at a guy (who doesn't have his voice) on the radio? unbelievable.

Here's what it boils down to. Those two jackwagons, and Trudeau in particular, think they're equals (if not superior) with Wilson, when in reality they are nothings and nobodies. They think he should consider himself lucky to be on their show, when in reality, they should consider themselves lucky that he took time out of his schedule, during the busiest time of the year no less, to grace them with his presence. Kevin Wilson makes more in a month than those guys make in a year - easy. He may or may not succeed at Indiana, but if he does fail, his skills and experience will be highly in demand and he will get another lucrative, demanding job within a matter of days. If these two knobgoblins do something stupid and get fired, they will be bagging groceries somewhere in their next job. Learn your place and be respectful of those who are your superior. I know very little about Kevin Wilson or who he is as a person, but there is no doubt that he is their superior in every sense of the word.

Here's what it boils down to. Those two jackwagons, and Trudeau in particular, think they're equals (if not superior) with Wilson, when in reality they are nothings and nobodies. They think he should consider himself lucky to be on their show, when in reality, they should consider themselves lucky that he took time out of his schedule, during the busiest time of the year no less, to grace them with his presence. Kevin Wilson makes more in a month than those guys make in a year - easy. He may or may not succeed at Indiana, but if he does fail, his skills and experience will be highly in demand and he will get another lucrative, demanding job within a matter of days. If these two knobgoblins do something stupid and get fired, they will be bagging groceries somewhere in their next job. Learn your place and be respectful of those who are your superior. I know very little about Kevin Wilson or who he is as a person, but there is no doubt that he is their superior in every sense of the word.

Really? You are actually suggesting that a guy (who you admit you know very little about) is somehow a superior person to these to yahoo radio guys simply because he's a highly-paid expert in the game of football? Just because a guy is paid well doesn't necessarily mean he is a superior to anyone. I mean the general public can't have it both ways. On one hand, they pine for radio hosts who will challenge highly-paid coaches and athletes and demean anyone who won't challenge a coach as some sort of a homer. Then, on the other, we have people who think coaches are somehow superior and that hosts should bow down to them, apparently kiss their feet, and just feel amazed and lucky that the coach would come on the show at all.

Look, I didn't care for those hosts attitudes, either, but they are hosting a show in a Top 30 market and have had enough success to get that show nationally-syndicated. They aren't in the poor house. Trudeau was an NFL quarterback. And, let's not forget, Wilson was THEIR guest. If he was so busy to not be bothered, then politely decline the invitation to be on the show. Tell them you'll come on later. I really don't think they were all that uncivil in their welcome. They were a little sarcastic and had a little fun at IU's expense. So what? Take a joke. Have some fun. Crack a little joke back at them. Instead, he was a dick. I mean, but my gosh, if every radio guest in the world reacted negatively to a host who was cracking a little joke, wow. That is what I'd call thin-skinned and a little insecure.

People may disagree, but I think Wilson just handled it poorly, period. And, the two hosts then piled on and showed they were jackasses, too. They all three look foolish. But, Wilson (at least to me) isn't without fault. He could have easily moved through the interview without doing it the way he did it. I know I wouldn't be real fired up if Jerry Kill had done that. Better yet, I know he wouldn't have.

Just because a guy is paid well doesn't mean he is a superior to anyone.

I didn't say that. Someone who would treat a guest like they did is low-class. Period.

Therefore, almost by default, he is their superior.

I didn't say that. Someone who would treat a guest like they did is low-class. Period.

Therefore, almost by default, he is their superior.

Yeah, god forbid they try to have a little fun on the radio. I've heard many interviews that start out as a host poking fun at a guest. I didn't think this intro was in poor taste or uncivil. It wasn't great, but hardly warranted the response it got. A "class" guy would have handled his answers differently, IMHO. And, there are already a few unflattering rumors floating around Bloomington about Wilson's behavior. And, I will say Jack Trudeau is low class. He has his own demons, for sure. But, most of his "low class, below the belt" stuff came AFTER Wilson's jerky response.

Would you invite a local dignitary (let's say, the Governor of Minnesota) to your house, and then open the inside door, making them stand out on your front deck/stoop/porch/etc., while yelling at them through your screen door, telling them everything they've done wrong in their term, and then, when you're done, invite them in for some pie and coffee?

Does that sound like normal behavior? Does that sound like being a good host? Because that's basically what this is.

Would you invite a local dignitary (let's say, the Governor of Minnesota) to your house, and then open the inside door, making them stand out on your front deck/stoop/porch/etc., while yelling at them through your screen door, telling them everything they've done wrong in their term, and then, when you're done, invite them in for some pie and coffee?

Does that sound like normal behavior? Does that sound like being a good host? Because that's basically what this is.

Wow. Yeah, that's the exactly same. Identical. Thanks for showing me the light.

I agree, and I'm a little surprised that more people on GH don't, since we've had the same thing from kfan. You can't say "I hope they win games" if you just got done ripping them. That's like watching someone fall down and be unable to get up and saying "I hope they get up, but until they do I'm going to laugh at them." Either help the person up or shut up, but don't say you are wishing them the best when you really aren't.

pretty eccentric response with the whole "superior" thing. there are social workers in hennepin county i know that i'd venture are contributing more than kevin wilson is to society so i'd expect wilson to take it in stride if they called him up and treated him like a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#. if the radio guys were over-the-top, which they weren't, i'd have no problem with wilson laying in to them. as it was, wilson just came off as over sensitive and a bit foolish, and hardly poised for success. as for future gigs, i'm sure he'd find something as an assistant coach/oc based on his track record at oklahoma, but if he ever wound up in the media and had someone call in like he did today, i think his response would be the same as jack trudeau's.

as for the radio guys being nobodies - i'm pretty sure you don't know who jack trudeau is. he took the illini to the rosebowl in the eighties, was a second round nfl draft pick and played 10 seasons in the nfl. i'd argue that he's more accomplished than kevin wilson is, though i think being a head coach in the big ten is highly notable.

Wow. Yeah, that's the exactly same. Identical. Thanks for showing me the light.

How are they different? Please enlighten me.

If anything, the radio host situation is worse, because you don't have an audience to humiliate your guest in front of in my scenario.

wilson just came off as over sensitive and a bit foolish, and hardly poised for success.

Exactly. Frankly, I'd be a little concerned if I were the IU AD. If the guy I just hired and hasn't even coached a game yet, responded to this little bit of sarcasm in this way, then how will he be handling things when inevitably he's sitting at about 1-and-5 in the Big Ten on November 1st? It could get ugly fast if that's his normal defense mechanism.

How are they different? Please enlighten me.

If anything, the radio host situation is worse, because you don't have an audience to humiliate your guest in front of in my scenario.

I really have to explain it to you?

First of all, that's how it works in radio. A guest agrees to come on the show. He gets a phone call. He has to wait on hold until the host introduces him. The host might have a little fun at the guest's expense. So what? They never once mentioned anything about Wilson personally, just about the fact that IU had little football tradition. They didn't say he was a bad coach, or that his wife was ugly, or that his kids were stupid. How exactly did they humiliate him? By saying that football has been tough at IU? Wow, yeah, I see why he responded with such harshness since that claim was so far off base. How dare they?

And you want to equate that to inviting the governor over to my house, leaving him on the porch, hurling personal attacks at him, and then inviting him in to eat pie?

Ok, then. You may want to step back for a moment.

Look, the hosts behavior BEFORE the interview wasn't worthy of the jerk-off response they got. The hosts behavior AFTER the interview was idiotic, but that shouldn't cloud your judgement on how poorly Wilson handled the situation.

He was defending his team. I don't think he gives a damn, and rightfully so, what the media thinks or has to say. I bet that the men with IU on their helmets liked what they heard and thats all that matters.

Top Bottom