It's Official: Fulda the Hutt Tabs Brewster as 2009 Turkey

Don't care one way or another. Not a real award, mind you, just an opinion. Brewster deserves it for the way he's handled this season. Just not sure why the only mention of the Wolves was a shot at their poor attendance. They're rippable, this is worse than the Scott Roth, Tod Murphy era.

Not that it is saying much, but the Todd Murphy T-Wolves teams would destroy this years team. I'm not sure this years team would score 80 points against Mussy's teams. That being said, Kahn is doing what he needs to do. Brewster is not the right choice for this lame award, but neither is Kahn. Just give it to McHale for a lifetime achievement thing.

My perception is that Reusse never gave Brewster a fair shot. I feel like he's mocked Brewster from (or near) day 1 and that giving him this years T.O.Y reflects much more on Reusse than it does on Brewster. I really believe he gave it to him this year to one up Brewster (Twitter comment) and that Pat believes it's truly possible that Brewster will be fired/gone and he won't have another chance.

The Gophers were 6-6 this year. I was disappointed in the season for many reasons and I would hope that Tim Brewster would be too. That said, I see little reason to pile on a 3rd year coach for a season that was bad, but far from a disaster.

My perception is that Reusse never gave Brewster a fair shot. I feel like he's mocked Brewster from (or near) day 1 and that giving him this years T.O.Y reflects much more on Reusse than it does on Brewster.

I think you may be correct. I remember my contact in the media saying from day one that Brewster was a snake oil salesman and a fraud. I don't know if it was something Brewster said or did, or just a general group think. For some reason a lot of people seem to have had a negative opinion of him since his hiring.

I think you may be correct. I remember my contact in the media saying from day one that Brewster was a snake oil salesman and a fraud. I don't know if it was something Brewster said or did, or just a general group think. For some reason a lot of people seem to have had a negative opinion of him since his hiring.

Some people can't stand anyone who is upbeat. Drives them crazy.

I'm no Reusse hater. I'm sure he feels he is doing his job.

I agree that Brewster never seemed to have a chance with a lot of the Twin Cities media. Brewster takes over for a guy who seemed to believe public promotion of the program was not part of his job description and comes out guns a-blazin' with the "Gopher Nation" and Rose Bowl predictions and it was probably more than enough to send the crusty cynics at the various Twin Cities sports desks around the bend.

But it's a two-way street to some extent and Brewster should just swallow it instead of firing back at the media.

Gotta love it.

Its to bad Fulda gets such a bad name from one of their famous alums. I just find it interesting that a holiday set up for us as American's to give thanks is celebrated with a column that doesnt. I would think that Fat Pat would be writing a column about how thrilled he is to still have his job after the struggles at the tribune. That being said it would be great to be a writer these days when you get payed not for the facts you can find but to write the most one sided snippy articles that deal more with your opinnions than facts. He doesn't write articles to do anything than stir people up.

My perception is that Reusse never gave Brewster a fair shot. I feel like he's mocked Brewster from (or near) day 1 and that giving him this years T.O.Y reflects much more on Reusse than it does on Brewster. I really believe he gave it to him this year to one up Brewster (Twitter comment) and that Pat believes it's truly possible that Brewster will be fired/gone and he won't have another chance.

The Gophers were 6-6 this year. I was disappointed in the season for many reasons and I would hope that Tim Brewster would be too. That said, I see little reason to pile on a 3rd year coach for a season that was bad, but far from a disaster.

Fair shot? It was a TERRIBLE hire. The guy had no business being head coach of a college program. And yet, here he was. And anyone with half a brain saw it. And then starts throwing out bold and brash nonsense in his fake texas accent (that he's since lost). He got what he deserved. Not his fault, he didn't take the job at gun point. But to expect the media to ignore a terrible decision like this? ridiculous.

Top Bottom