Itayvion Brown?

Winfield made the whole defense look better. Other than Winfield and Coughlin were any of the "high level guys" from last year anything special before they were seniors?

If you play pick up basketball you know that "glue" guys, especially if you get 2,3 or 4 on a five player team almost always win the game to dismay of the other team. Often you do not even need one scoring type to win.

We lost a lot of glue guys and more than a big star in #11. The staff lacked a camp to pull it all together, so I will give them a break. Putting MSM #55 out there is not OK,, he would not have gotten the job done at Mankato State.

Basically yes, Cashman blew up his senior year. Martin had his best season statistically as well even though he missed a lot of time. Barber was not a great player.
Yeah, who would want a 3rd Team All Big Ten LB...as a Soph? I've been told that can't be done b/c he'd be too young and would need experience.
He's 1 of 4 LBs to earn all conference in the last 20 years.
Barber
Cashman
D. Wilson
Sean Hoffman

All the truth.

i played with Cashman SR at Saint Thomas and that guy was though, but fair. I was not surprised to see that his son was tough and got the job done.

Cashman SR and me got to pulled into a run in or two off the field and it all ended with a standoff and some respect, at last on my side, or at least his buddy got off the hook.

No shocker there, but in BB games you get pretty sense of who people are...
This is not political L / F topic USAF

With basketball games, you all have to get along with your teammates and take on enemies and see where it all shakes out, but I guess USAF thinks that is a joke. My guess is USAF falls short at times in these areas.

Barber had great So./Jr. years and regressed some his last year.. Martin was solid his whole career and really played well, when healthy the last 2!
But I assume you agree that having a (healthy) RS Senior (5th year) Barber as our starting MLB right now, would be huge.

Yeah, who would want a 3rd Team All Big Ten LB...as a Soph? I've been told that can't be done b/c he'd be too young and would need experience.
Barber
Cashman
D. Wilson
Sean Hoffman
(y) (y) (y)

Barber
Cashman
D. Wilson
Sean Hoffman
So one year he was like a top 10 linebacker in the conference, let’s retire his number.

So one year he was like a top 10 linebacker in the conference, let’s retire his number.
No retiring needed...just some respect for being waaaayyyyy better than anyone on the current roster (apparently better than you remember), and a damn good, reliable player that had some greatness in him!

No retiring needed...just some respect for being waaaayyyyy better than anyone on the current roster (and apparently better than you remember), and a damn good, reliable player that had some greatness in him!
He’s not better than I remember. My bar for calling someone great is not as low as yours is all. He was a good player, I’m not even going to concede he is wayyy better than anyone on the roster until these players careers have played out.

If he wasn't AWjr11, he wasn't "great".

:rolleyes: piss off. Just take the loss.

You don't have a position, other than arguing the semantics of the word "great". :rolleyes:

You don't have a position, other than arguing the semantics of the word "great". :rolleyes:
Nor do you. Celestine, Tinsley, Wilson, these guys all were comparable to Barber. Wilson was definitely better.

Nor do you. Celestine, Tinsley, Wilson, these guys all were comparable to Barber. Wilson was definitely better.
My valid, likely correct position was made back on post #18. Not a single post you made after that contributed to the discussion in a meaningful way or established a valid position. :sneaky:

Top Bottom