Itayvion Brown?

This isnt something they'd ever talk about anyway, Rashad Cheney was an academic redshirt last year and it was never talked about.
Yup yup. Just like Dunlap being out with a Achilles which I belong to 2 sites. Couldn’t get info ... no info from team also. But 1 Saturday the fricking tribune fry frocks sakes has a article about it. Dude, this year is 100%
Different and information silent

Aune has barely played and is a young guy himself. Howden and MSM were major contributors on a good defense previously, no reason to think they can't again.

Howden and MSM contributed minutes...but i disagree that they contributed much more of anything with their play.

Yup yup. Just like Dunlap being out with a Achilles which I belong to 2 sites. Couldn’t get info ... no info from team also. But 1 Saturday the fricking tribune fry frocks sakes has a article about it. Dude, this year is 100%

Les actually called the Dunlap situation, to be fair. Some people knew.

Go back and watch some 2019 tape. Both had huge plays in the PSU win alone
They did. And they both made some very bad plays as well. In that PSU game their TE was just shredding in the slot...a spot I imagine would frequently be covered by an OLB or FS.

MSM and Howden were both lightly-recruited players who have been thrust into playing time prematurely. My hope is that after taking more lumps this year, both will be B1G average players next year and the year beyond...

Because Meg finally said enough is enough and published a "source close to the team". Kudos to her! 👏

How pissed do you think Fleck was about that? Wouldn't surprise me at all if he sent scathing email out to all parents, etc. people close to the team and warned them about severe consequences if they violate that trust again, or some such crap.

Go back and watch some 2019 tape. Both had huge plays in the PSU win alone
Writer, you're a smart guy, you know football, and you're a solid poster who engages in honest conversation.

Please don't try to present Howden's game ending int against PSU as something it wasn't. The receiver slipped and fell down, that's why he got that pick. The play before, the receiver torched the whole secondary (Howden included) and that play is what got them in scoring position.

I'll post the video (again) if you need confirmation.

What "huge" play did MSM make in that game?

They did. And they both made some very bad plays as well. In that PSU game their TE was just shredding in the slot...a spot I imagine would frequently be covered by an OLB or FS.

MSM and Howden were both lightly-recruited players who have been thrust into playing time prematurely. My hope is that after taking more lumps this year, both will be B1G average players next year and the year beyond...
Howden started every game last year (except Georgia Southern) .... and rode Winfield's coattails. When the defense is that good, with that many high level players, they can handle a free safety who is average, and most people won't notice.

Writer, you're a smart guy, you know football, and you're a solid poster who engages in honest conversation.

Please don't try to present Howden's game ending int against PSU as something it wasn't. The receiver slipped and fell down, that's why he got that pick. The play before, the receiver torched the whole secondary (Howden included) and that play is what got them in scoring position.

MSM caused the bad throw on Winfield's second int.

fricks sakes. wtf... there is no updates this year on any of the roster. Every week is silence on who is hurt , covid, what ever else is out there. Im really pissed this year, we are left in the total dark on everything until gametime when we can see for our own eyes who is playing.

Just wait till we wear the uniforms that just have MINNESOTA on the back...

Howden started every game last year (except Georgia Southern) .... and rode Winfield's coattails. When the defense is that good, with that many high level players, they can handle a free safety who is average, and most people won't notice.

Winfield made the whole defense look better. Other than Winfield and Coughlin were any of the "high level guys" from last year anything special before they were seniors?

So we are categorizing INTs like we are late game TD's now.

That's a REAL interception.
That's a FAKE interception.
That's a REAL Touchdown.
That's a MEANINGLESS Touchdown.

This is all getting confusing.

No need to rip on Howden.
He was a walk-on who is now on scholarship.
If we didn't have a couple safeties leave, he wouldn't be playing, but he is. He's made mistakes but has also played well at times.
He's not AW11. Can't expect him to be. But can't take away the fact he beat out another player who has since left the program.

Winfield made the whole defense look better. Other than Winfield and Coughlin were any of the "high level guys" from last year anything special before they were seniors?
Cash and K-Mart suddenly just boot strapped themselves to NFL careers in their senior year?

Barber was another great player who should be a RS senior this season.

MSM caused the bad throw on Winfield's second int.
Thanks. Any player can have a great play.

Just like any player can have a bad play, such as MSM inexplicably launching himself into Iowa's helmet when the guy was already tackled.

So we are categorizing INTs like we are late game TD's now.

That's a REAL interception.
That's a FAKE interception.
That's a REAL Touchdown.
That's a MEANINGLESS Touchdown.

This is all getting confusing.
Howden was not the hero of the PSU game. Simple as that. No need for anyone to make him out as such, if that was what was being proposed.

No need to rip on Howden.
He was a walk-on who is now on scholarship.
If we didn't have a couple safeties leave, he wouldn't be playing, but he is. He's made mistakes but has also played well at times.
He's not AW11. Can't expect him to be. But can't take away the fact he beat out another player who has since left the program.
Right. Solid post.

He'll likely be the starter the rest of this year, I suspect.

As I actually said, in the post way back: give it the Purdue game, let's see what happens. If that game goes south ... all I was saying, relative to Howden, is that it would be better to start giving the reps to Dixon.

Cash and K-Mart suddenly just boot strapped themselves to NFL careers in their senior year?

Barber was another great player who should be a RS senior this season.
Basically yes, Cashman blew up his senior year. Martin had his best season statistically as well even though he missed a lot of time. Barber was not a great player.

Basically yes, Cashman blew up his senior year. Martin had his best season statistically as well even though he missed a lot of time. Barber was not a great player.
Obviously coming from your narrow viewpoint that cares only about stats, I can see why you made such a silly statement as the bolded.

Maybe wasn't good enough for the NFL, but certainly was far better than we have now.

Obviously coming from your narrow viewpoint that cares only about stats, I can see why you made such a silly statement as the bolded.

Maybe wasn't good enough for the NFL, but certainly was far better than we have now.
It’s not silly if you know what great means.

MSM had the pressure on Clifford - that play, I believe - that forced an errant throw.

I can see both sides of the argument, but the only place MSM needs reps is on special teams. He is NOT a Big10 linebacker. To play him over the younger more athletic players just delays the development of better players.
People said similar things about Sam Schlueter 2 years ago, and he is a solid starter on the OL now. I don’t know if MSM will turn into the LB we would all love for him to be, but don’t discount the idea that he might get better and play faster as he gets more comfortable in the position.

nice to know some people knew. then its all better.
College coaches are insane when it comes to injury reporting and other things. The reason this year is different is because theres no media at practice, if there was they woulda realized Faalele was no where to be seen, Dunlap on a scooter, Oliver in crutches with a knee brace, etc. PJ is one of many coaches thats never gonna talk about things like that.

People said similar things about Sam Schlueter 2 years ago, and he is a solid starter on the OL now. I don’t know if MSM will turn into the LB we would all love for him to be, but don’t discount the idea that he might get better and play faster as he gets more comfortable in the position.
If Fleck would've listened to you, then Sam would've stayed starting at RT for the rest of 2018 and we never would've seen the emergence of Faalele that year.

Sam ended up coming back to win the LT job the next year, and Faalele was able to bank that valuable experience from 18 for 2019.

I'm failing to understand how that would've been better for the team or either player.

Even if MSM gets benched this year, that doesn't mean he can't work his butt off during the off-season and come back to earn a starting spot next year.

Last edited:

College coaches are insane when it comes to injury reporting and other things. The reason this year is different is because theres no media at practice, if there was they woulda realized Faalele was no where to be seen, Dunlap on a scooter, Oliver in crutches with a knee brace, etc. PJ is one of many coaches thats never gonna talk about things like that.
let me tell you. if i was a fricking mod on this site or the other site which i pay money for. it would have taking me all but 3 minutes and maybe 12 seconds to find this out right at the start.

Barber had great So./Jr. years and regressed some his last year.. Martin was solid his whole career and really played well, when healthy the last 2!

Last edited:

Top Bottom