Is Trevor Officially Gone?? Or is Everyone Speculating??

TheHofferette

Reaction score
I feel like everyone keeps alluding to Trevor not coming back. Is that a defense mechanism as everyone steels for the worst?? Or have people heard specific things, detailing his departure??

Nothing official yet, mostly just speculating, but JohnnyGopher has implied that he thinks he will be gone and anything he says carries quite a bit of weight. I really hope he comes back, but I'm not counting on it. Hopefully he surprises everyone and gives us one more good season before he goes pro.

Most think he will return and try to improve his NBA stock, chance he takes the Euro paycheck and moves on.

Hoffereete...No one knows, but they express opinions just to babble. :blah: :blah: :blah:

I think the thought process has been that Trevor would turn pro. However, his most recent off-the-court incident, the departure of Colton and thought that he could be the Big Ten Player of the Year has made him thinking about coming back for his senior season.

Chris Monter

I hope he stays! It should be fun to see if he make through the season without getting in felony trouble.

Seem like he could have started on the famous-----don't know why the Gophers are struggling this year? We have a forward who can penetrate and a guard who can steel.

Would love to see what Trevor could do next year. Definitely think 1st team all conference and defensive player of the year could be possible, maybe even player of the year.

I think the thought process has been that Trevor would turn pro. However, his most recent off-the-court incident, the departure of Colton and thought that he could be the Big Ten Player of the Year has made him thinking about coming back for his senior season.

Chris Monter

I really hope you are right. That would be outstanding news, but I have a question.

Why does his off-court incident make him more likely to stay? I would think it might make him want to get out of town.

at some point he'll piss off Tubby just like every other good player we've had during the Tubby term and be suspended or benched. Why sit through another year of "rebuilding"? But I guess there are those big-time spring signees coming in to help out! Coaches don't win games, players do,someone tell Tubby that. If we are going to recruit as poorly as we have, our players have to improve year to year and there has been no evidence of that the last three years.

I really hope you are right. That would be outstanding news, but I have a question.

Why does his off-court incident make him more likely to stay? I would think it might make him want to get out of town.

Off the court issues hurts a players draft stock. Since his draft stock was low to begin with, likely a mid 2nd round pick, it is probably even lower now.

With Iverson transfering and the recovery of Walker still a question mark, I sure hope he returns. They will be seriously short big men without Mbwake. With Iverson I thought they could overcome the loss of Mbwake, without Iverson it could really hurt.

With Iverson transfering and the recovery of Walker still a question mark, I sure hope he returns. They will be seriously short big men without Mbwake. With Iverson I thought they could overcome the loss of Mbwake, without Iverson it could really hurt.

Off topic here, but what do you know about the recovery of Mo Walker?

at some point he'll piss off Tubby just like every other good player we've had during the Tubby term and be suspended or benched. Why sit through another year of "rebuilding"? But I guess there are those big-time spring signees coming in to help out! Coaches don't win games, players do,someone tell Tubby that. If we are going to recruit as poorly as we have, our players have to improve year to year and there has been no evidence of that the last three years.

The Gophers were consistently ranked in the top 25 and even were as high as 13th at one point this season. Do you not remember that? It wasn't until we lost all of our ball handlers that we started losing nearly every game we played. We have two new ball handlers coming in next year. If Mbakwe returns there is no reason we shouldn't be one of the better teams in the Big Ten.

IMO... 5% chance he returns. I hope he does.

silky

Hope Trevor stays and keeps working hard. He's got his work cut out for POY with Sullinger coming back. Hope Trevor is up for the challenge to win the award. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6260339

Respectfully, regarding Sullinger staying, regardless of what he says now, I will believe it when I see it.

Losing Lighty and Diebler, I just do not see them being better next year.

Off topic here, but what do you know about the recovery of Mo Walker?

I don't know anything, but looking at Kain Lucus, it takes a couple of years to get back to where you were. Knee injuries take time, I don't think you can expect him to be 100% next year.

I don't know anything, but looking at Kain Lucus, it takes a couple of years to get back to where you were. Knee injuries take time, I don't think you can expect him to be 100% next year.

You are right, you don't know anything. Get your facts straight. Kalin Lucas tore his ACHILLES, a much more serious injury. As long as Mo doesn't have any set backs he should be 100% by the end of the summer. I'm just getting done with my own ACL rehab and I had surgery in September.

I believe Trevor has no chance of being drafted by the NBA, this year or any other year. He is to much of a Tweener. His name may appear on some mock draft, somewhere. But, I haven't seen it.

Since playing elsewhere seems to be his only option, it becomes all the more likely he will opt to take a spot overseas. Why should he spend another year in the BT? I guess what I am saying is, the fact that he has no chance of playing in the NBA is not necessarily a good thing.

Like most fans I hope he comes back next year. Heaven knows we need him, and maybe he'll develop his jumper, and improve his pro value.

Interesting that there is only one guard on that list. A couple wings that could help them, so they are not so reliant on the jump shot. Thad sure can get the top end recruits

Re: one guard... don't get too hung up on positions. Thompson and Ross are both quite versatile. It's another very impressive class.

You are right, you don't know anything. Get your facts straight. Kalin Lucas tore his ACHILLES, a much more serious injury. As long as Mo doesn't have any set backs he should be 100% by the end of the summer. I'm just getting done with my own ACL rehab and I had surgery in September.

Yes, but are you carrying 300lbs like Mr.Walker? Much more strain on the joints, making recovery much more of a challenge. I hope I'm wrong and he recovers, but I wouldn't expect 100% by the start of next season.

In the end it will come down to the feedback he and his people are getting from NBA and also people in Europe. I don't follow overseas hoops much so i'm not sure if the economy is affecting some of the big contracts that American players have received in the past. No doubt he is ready to get paid but hopefully also smart enough to listen to the people given him the feedback. People are definately more positive about Trevor than a couple weeks ago though, we'll see.

Yes, but are you carrying 300lbs like Mr.Walker? Much more strain on the joints, making recovery much more of a challenge. I hope I'm wrong and he recovers, but I wouldn't expect 100% by the start of next season.

Walker didn't tear his ACL. He tore his PCL. Not quite as serious. As long as he follows his doctors instructions and rehabs properly I'm sure he will be fine.

Chris Monter

he better really work on his outside shot to beat Sullinger for it since Sullinger will be on a winning team

Have you seen their recruiting class?

http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&yr=2011

Lighty and Diebler will be very hard to replace, but their incoming class isn't too shabby.

Agreed. MSU and OSU will be 1-2 in conference next year. No question.

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, and maybe Illinois, will fight for the next spots.

Penn State will be brutal, Iowa and Indiana won't be pushovers at all, Nebraska ... Meh, Purdue will likely have a down year, and Northwestern will be the same as they were this year.

IMO

OSU
MSU
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Michigan
Illinois
Purdue
Iowa
Indiana
Northwestern
Penn State
Nebraska

In the end it will come down to the feedback he and his people are getting from NBA and also people in Europe. I don't follow overseas hoops much so i'm not sure if the economy is affecting some of the big contracts that American players have received in the past. No doubt he is ready to get paid but hopefully also smart enough to listen to the people given him the feedback. People are definately more positive about Trevor than a couple weeks ago though, we'll see.

Makes complete sense.

As disappointing as this season was and as much as Trevor I am sure wants to avenge that and play in the tourney actually, if he can guarantee himself good money for an extended period of time next season, you have to take it. It would be dumb not too.

However, if you can't make that guarantee I hope he comes back. There will be a new CBA in the NBA, if one at all, Europe also experienced a recession and some of the leagues there have a lot of difficulty playing players, also scouts may be down on him now due to his teams performance and not making the tournament (it does matter).

My gut tells me he will be back, with an improved jump shot and a couple of post moves and get drafted high first round after leading MN to the elite 8.

Top Bottom