Is there any chance...

Gopher Gold

Reaction score
that the offense could be worse under Horton than it was with Fisch?

Geeesh!!! I hope not.... If it is worst this year than last, I might REALLY end up throwing my remote to the TV. or worst yet! get a damn heart attack!

that the offense could be worse under Horton than it was with Fisch?

Horton is a major upgrade over Fisch.

If Duane Bennett can regain his form of a couple of years ago, and if he can stay healthy all year long, then the Gophers will feature a solid, balanced offensive attack with Adam Weber having an excellent senior year at QB.

I don't think it's logical or statistically possible that it could get worse. This guy has arguably the best background out of all of Brew's prior o-coordinators. I really wouldn't mind seeing some pleasantly shocking numbers for a change next season.

Never liked Fisch and believed he actually made the players worse. It's hard to undo coaching damage though, I'm hoping Horton can.

Never liked Fisch and believed he actually made the players worse. It's hard to undo coaching damage though, I'm hoping Horton can.

I think he basically threw too much at the players, some like Decker and Nick Tow Arnett thrived under the more complicated "NFL" scheme, others had trouble making reads and remembering assignments.
Horton knows both the NFL and college systems, hopefully he will be able to transition some confused players last year into confident and effective offensive weapons.

It was about as bad and unproductive as you possible could have last year. Just about anything would be an improvement.

The offense will be solid. Horton has already repaired the 'Fisch damage.' Our QB play will be among the best in the conference. Brewster will finally look good this year. MTSU is a must road trip. They will be a legit test.

Top Bottom