Is the Gopherhole admin sexist?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just signed up yesterday and wasn't sure where to put this thread, so I thought here was a good place. When I signed up, the verification part asked me to provide the last name of the coach the last time the Gophers were in the Final 4. Clearly the answer should be "Borton" - but no, that didn't work. I couldn't create this account unless I typed in "Haskins".

So @Gopherhole, what's up? Does Women's basketball not count? Not only was our final four appearance more recent, but the NCAA didn't take it away from us like they did the men's one.

Let's just say I was very disappointed and surprised at this.

Hi all,

I just signed up yesterday and wasn't sure where to put this thread, so I thought here was a good place. When I signed up, the verification part asked me to provide the last name of the coach the last time the Gophers were in the Final 4. Clearly the answer should be "Borton" - but no, that didn't work. I couldn't create this account unless I typed in "Haskins".

So @Gopherhole, what's up? Does Women's basketball not count? Not only was our final four appearance more recent, but the NCAA didn't take it away from us like they did the men's one.

Final 4 for volleyball in 2016, womens hockey final four in 2019, and final four for mens hockey in 2014. So there are 3 other "final 4" appearances since the mens basketball appearance in 1997.

Final 4 for volleyball in 2016, womens hockey final four in 2019, and final four for mens hockey in 2014. So there are 3 other "final 4" appearances since the mens basketball appearance in 1997.

The most recent volleyball final four was 2019.

Hi all,

Knowingly or unknowingly, you picked a name variation of a very unpopular poster in this message board.

Knowingly or unknowingly, you picked a name variation of a very unpopular poster in this message board.
It was knowingly. I've been reading the 'hole for a while now and I liked reading what MplsGopher would write on football, recruiting, etc. Seemed smart, and he/she would often put things in there posts like "I'm just throwing crap at the wall and seeing what sticks" or "I'm just pulling this out of me butt..." etc when giving opinions on recruits and stuff. I thought it was good stuff, even though lots of people would complain about him/her.

It was knowingly. I've been reading the 'hole for a while now and I liked reading what MplsGopher would write on football, recruiting, etc. Seemed smart, and he/she would often put things in there posts like "I'm just throwing crap at the wall and seeing what sticks" or "I'm just pulling this out of me butt..." etc when giving opinions on recruits and stuff. I thought it was good stuff, even though lots of people would complain about him/her.
Huh. Aren’t they still banned?

We swapped out the original question and replaced it with:

"What is the last name of the women's basketball coach who led Minnesota to the 2004 Final Four?"
Hope people have Google search open in a different browser...
Of course I doubt many young gh subscribers got Haskins without a Google search.
In any case, I look forward to a stellar women's basketball season in 2021-22.

I wonder if that is his new incarnation; big coincidence in using a similar name (text book passive aggressive move) and his first post (?) was a shot at the folks who banned him - of course you ultimately end up banning yourself. Time will tell.

Top Bottom