Is silence golden or troublessome???

Ok I will release the name I think would be a good candidate if NT wants to name the bench coaches, all though I would leave the #1 chair to the new hire. NT is very well connected when it comes to people who can recruit top talent, so maybe he could name the recruiting coordinator. But check this guys record, please read the entire link, his track record is exemplary, he is a defensive and offensive genius in my opinion. I have never seen him coach a game so I don't know how he works the officials.

John Tauer would not be a bad choice.

http://www.tommiesports.com/mbb/coaches/TauerJohnny.html

Well why don't we fire Kill too an replace him with Gagliardi...you can not be serious proposing a DIII coach to become a head coach in the Big Ten.

Well why don't we fire Kill too an replace him with Gagliardi...you can not be serious proposing a DIII coach to become a head coach in the Big Ten.

Not that I like his system, but where did BO Ryan come from??? Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't he come from DII or DIII ?

Not that I like his system, but where did BO Ryan come from??? Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't he come from DII or DIII ?

He was head coach at UW-Milwaukee a DI program for a few seasons after his DIII stint.

Plus he was assistant coach at Wisconsin for 8 years prior to taking head job at UW-Plateville

Originally Posted by rpgopherfan
"John Tauer would not be a bad choice."

Just when i think I have read everything on this board...

Ok then...I know Kenny Novak could be a great BIG coach...now you have heard everything!

Considering Bo Ryan.....from Wikipedia....

Wisconsin–Platteville

After his stint as an assistant, Ryan accepted the head coaching position at the University of Wisconsin–Platteville. From 1984 until 1999 Ryan's Platteville team posted a 352–76 overall record, a winning record of 82%. Ryan guided the UW–Platteville Pioneers to four national championships (1991, 1995, 1998 and 1999). He also won eight Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference championships and set a Division III scoring defense record in 1997 with his team only allowing 47.5 points per game.[citation needed]

On the strength of his success at Platteville, Ryan was hired as head coach at the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee for the 1999–2000 season. In his two seasons as coach, the team had its first back-to-back winning seasons in nearly a decade.[2] Ryan also brought a 161% increase in home attendance at Milwaukee, giving the program a new energy that continued into the tenure of his successor Bruce Pearl.

If we're going that route, let's see how Don Meyer feels about a return to coaching. 923 wins and counting.

To those that dismiss my idea of hiring a highly successful DII or DIII head coach that has the experience of guiding their team deep into the year end tournament, with the pressure that comes with it, as opposed to a highly regarded big time assistant, that has been the head coach of squat and has not won anything. Who would you prefer? The one that won something or the one with no head coaching experience?

Top Bottom