Is Royce White done?

I heard similar BS in late 1999. UK had signed only Cliff Hawkins and Michael Southall that fall. No way Tubby could sign anybody in the spring.

He signed Gerald Fitch and Erik Daniels in April of 2000. UK was recruiting neither of them in November 1999. Both made All-SEC and were 1000+ point career scorers at UK. Both made NBA.

This is Minnesota, not Kentucky. Besides, there are no unsigned blue-chip prospects that are even remotely interested in Minnesota. Don't compare Tubby's '99 signing class with 2009. They are COMPLETELY different scenarios.

This is Minnesota, not Kentucky. Besides, there are no unsigned blue-chip prospects that are even remotely interested in Minnesota. Don't compare Tubby's '99 signing class with 2009. They are COMPLETELY different scenarios.

He did it at Tulsa and Georgia, too. He's a GOOD recruiter. His staff are GOOD recruiters.

"The Sky is falling..the Sky is falling!!!" Jeez, get some perspective people. We have played ONE game and many of you are saying because Rodney White MIGHT NOT be on our team that the team could be "in trouble" or the season is over. Relax and see how the season plays out. Coach Smith has been very successful previously with much less talent.

Just a clarification: Anything that happens in court is public record. Any details of things that happen between Royce and the U is NOT. A little thing called the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

I was a CA a long time ago in a res hall far, far away. As a CA, I was not privy to any official goings-on between my hall directors and my residents. This left egg on my face more than once, and even though my supervisors got a piece of my mind, it still didn't change anything.

While the season is not over...the ceiling for this team, not only this year, but in the immediate future takes a huge step back without Royce White. I feel he would have been the 2nd leading scorer this year (behind Westbrook) and been the leader next year (if he stayed). He would have attracted other big time recruits who would have seen his 5 stars and wanted to play with him. He would have made MN a marquee destination...Tubby can still establish that in time, but I'm not sure anyone current player on this team has what it takes to be a superstar...hopefully someone will step up and prove me wrong. As it stands we are a team with solid players throughout the lineup that should dominate bad teams and lose to great ones

He did it at Tulsa and Georgia, too. He's a GOOD recruiter. His staff are GOOD recruiters.

OK. Name one unsigned 4/5-star recruit that is interested in Minnesota. I am not disputing that Tubby is a great recruiter, I never said that, so chill out. I'm just saying it's a little late this season to snatch an impact prospect.

OK. Name one unsigned 4/5-star recruit that is interested in Minnesota. I am not disputing that Tubby is a great recruiter, I never said that, so chill out. I'm just saying it's a little late this season to snatch an impact prospect.

You missed the point AGAIN. Tubby (and other coaches like him) have signed GOOD players in the spring that had no apparent interest in the prior fall.

It's not too late at all.

Top Bottom