Is Royce White done?

I think you got 1130. They're still doing bball highlights.

He was on for 5 minutes but Tollakson didn't ask about the elephant in the room... I want to find out what's going on!

weird. i am listening to 830 via their website and it is eric nelson with a vikings player. perhaps they are not able to broadcast games and pre/post-game via their website link and you can only hear it from the car or a standard radio??

weird. i am listening to 830 via their website and it is eric nelson with a vikings player. perhaps they are not able to broadcast games and pre/post-game via their website link and you can only hear it from the car or a standard radio??

That is correct. Gophers game are not allow to be stream on wcco 830 website, only through the Gophersports.com site or you have to listen to the radio. This is the same with Gophers football and hockey.

wcco

I heard the interview on wcco radio and Royce was not mentioned.

New Medcalf Tweet

"Tubby on White's absence tonight: 'I'd rather not comment until everything's finalized.'"

Well if he's gone I think it's best for the program. He obviously is a kid with a lot of issues and if Tubby can't get him to see the light then well there isn't much more that can be done for him.

As for the "sky is falling" program is dying posts - I call BS. This kid was a freshman and to be honest he could have been great or he could have been a bust - we don't know. What I do know is that he was already tarnishing our program by being an idiot.

I would rather take a 3-4 star recruit who works his butt off and wants to be in the program than a 5 star spoiled brat anyday.

I am glad he has shown himself early and we can get rid of him now instead of losing him mid-season.

"Tubby on White's absence tonight: 'I'd rather not comment until everything's finalized.'"

This sounds like a transfer situation.

Could it be that Tubby didn't want him there until the UMPD investigation was finalized? Why portray this as a negative right away.

I am glad he has shown himself early and we can get rid of him now instead of losing him mid-season.

Yeah now I just want him gone so Tubby and staff can use the scholarship to pick someone up in the Spring signing period.

Very sad time for Royce White and family. He had the opportunity with 2 years under Tubby, to be a first round pick in the NBA and big money. Instead, he will be viewed as damaged good for the next couple of years by anyone. I really feel bad for the guy, as he obviously does not get it. He will soon see the price he will pay for his actions. The Gophers are bigger than one recruit, although he could have helped the team. I'm sure Tubby new this was a possibility, but had to recruit the guy as a 5 star recruit. Bring on players that have good character, are willing to work hard, and may only be 3-4 star talent anytime.............................

The program simply needs to wash their hands of Royce White. In terms if saving a scholarship, I don't think that really matters. The chances of Minnesota luring in an impact player in the spring signing period are slim to none. Just think, a month ago people where loving Royce White and saying he could elevate the program to a whole new level and that he was a rare talent. Now, it seems like it's give or take with him. To be honest, no one knows if the Gophers are going to miss this guy or not. I do think it affects how Tubby recruited, however. Also, let's be careful with how much we look into Williams' decent performance against Tennessee Tech.

I'm not that upset. I frankly didn't think he would ever go to class to begin with. I always felt that if we had him for anything more than a season it would have been a complete surprise. Too bad, he could have battled for a starting position this year.

Did Fox 9 really say Royce was expelled?

I just went to there website and the story did not say that Royce was suspended. If Royce is convicted of a computer theft that he has not been charged with, and may well not have committed, then he might be expelled. I don't the Royce has been expelled story is true.

The program simply needs to wash their hands of Royce White. In terms if saving a scholarship, I don't think that really matters. The chances of Minnesota luring in an impact player in the spring signing period are slim to none. Just think, a month ago people where loving Royce White and saying he could elevate the program to a whole new level and that he was a rare talent. Now, it seems like it's give or take with him. To be honest, no one knows if the Gophers are going to miss this guy or not. I do think it affects how Tubby recruited, however. Also, let's be careful with how much we look into Williams' decent performance against Tennessee Tech.

I think GopherHole simply needs to wash their hands of BigGopherFan

I just went to there website and the story did not say that Royce was suspended. If Royce is convicted of a computer theft that he has not been charged with, and may well not have committed, then he might be expelled. I don't the Royce has been expelled story is true.

i didn't see it there either. although i didn't see the live telecast either. could be a case of the website not being updated that quickly.

Very sad time for Royce White and family. He had the opportunity with 2 years under Tubby, to be a first round pick in the NBA and big money. Instead, he will be viewed as damaged good for the next couple of years by anyone. I really feel bad for the guy, as he obviously does not get it. He will soon see the price he will pay for his actions. The Gophers are bigger than one recruit, although he could have helped the team. I'm sure Tubby new this was a possibility, but had to recruit the guy as a 5 star recruit. Bring on players that have good character, are willing to work hard, and may only be 3-4 star talent anytime.............................

False. This is not sad, it is hilarious. This bozo threw his entire life into the toilet and that makes me laugh. Some kid with 1/2 the talent and 10X the drive will fill his slot and in 1 year, no one will ever know Royce White even existed.

Also false- he is not damaged goods for the next couple years, he is damaged goods permanently. He's a three-time loser. If anyone signs this jacka$$, they get exactly what they deserve.

False. This is not sad, it is hilarious. This bozo threw his entire life into the toilet and that makes me laugh. Some kid with 1/2 the talent and 10X the drive will fill his slot and in 1 year, no one will ever know Royce White even existed.

Also false- he is not damaged goods for the next couple years, he is damaged goods permanently. He's a three-time loser. If anyone signs this jacka$$, they get exactly what they deserve.

+100

it is a losing battle. you have people on this site who manage to spell adam weber as adam webbber, m. gray as m. grey, trevor mbakwe as trevor mbakkkkkewa. so it should be no surprise they don't even know how to spell the first name of the gopher's top basketball recruit. ;)
That's okay. We have this phantom point guard named Nolan ... and this kid who can shoot from the perimeter named Hoffenpfesser. I'm pleased, however, that our coach is still Tampa Smythe. ... ;)

I heard similar BS in late 1999. UK had signed only Cliff Hawkins and Michael Southall that fall. No way Tubby could sign anybody in the spring.

He signed Gerald Fitch and Erik Daniels in April of 2000. UK was recruiting neither of them in November 1999. Both made All-SEC and were 1000+ point career scorers at UK. Both made NBA.

He said... "If Tubby can't land Corey Joseph, and it doesn't look like he will, this program could be in trouble."

So he kind of said it.

The fate of the program does not hinge on Royce White. Even without White, Bostick, and Mbakwe, we still have the deepest and most talented roster we've had in a long time. Next year it will be similarly deep and talented.

I agree that Cory would be a great addition to the team. However, the team needs a power forward even more. The team was depending on Royce. He let them down. Now, as you suggest, the team (and us fans) "could be in trouble"

Top Bottom