Iowans complaining about TCF Bank Stadium bathrooms

Two things: Enjoyed the "we had the pick of 8,000 end zone seats" line. Too bad their "we'll STILL get 20,000 people in there" boasts came up about 13,000 short. :cool:

I saw this. It was Thanksgiving Weekend with an awful team and a large number of students from out of state. No excuses, but that was the reality.

We don't have 100 family members who we have sex with who happen to live in all the same meth filled towns like they do.

Thought this post was solid. Funny how PantherTwat Eric ignored it, must have something to do with him being a tard?

Bruin81 said:
Have to disagree with virtually all the comments here. I have enjoyed traveling to many college stadiums (Ohio St., Michigan, Alabama, Nebraska, Washington, Stanford, Cal, USC, Arizona State, Oregon, Northwestern and others), not to mention the Rose Bowl. Went to Minnesota last year for the USC game. Not only is Minnesota's stadium new, it is very well designed and, as I understand it, is engineered for a third tier to move the capacity from just over 50,000 to 80,000.

Some of the comments on this site are comical. Too many stairs? Every one of the stadiums I mentioned, including the cold weather stadiums (Nebraska, Ohion St. Michigan and Northwestern), have just as many if not more stairs. The leg room in the seats and the comfort of the seats is comparable to an NFL stadium and blows away most of the stadiums I have named above, including my own beloved Rose Bowl (great sight lines, terrible seats and leg room). As for bathrooms, they are light years ahead of any of the staiums mentioned above. Visit the Rose Bowl sometime and try to go to the bathroom there in less than 20 or 30 minutes.

The second best stadium is Stanford's. Also new and also very comfortable.

I get that you guys are rivals, but that shouldn't lead to the death of truth.

I don't mind the steps. I'm sure it's gotten better, but my first trip to Target Field, we sat in the upper deck. At one point, you get to the top of one escalator and then you need to pivot and go up another. I don't know what happened, but there was such a glut in the area where you make the turn that people were still steaming up from the second level and there simply wasn't room for people to keep moving to the next escalator. Scary situation when you're with a very small child.

I've never really paid attention to the bathrooms. I've used them, but took little notice. Maybe they sit there, and write in their diaries. "Dear Diary: today I took a dump in the bathrooms at TCF Bank Stadium. Mommy is very proud, I didn't go poo-poo in my diaper. But these toilets are just to narrow to fit my enormous carcass. Signed, PantherHawk."

As far as stairs go, escalators move people up without having to walk, but they are a major bottleneck.

My only measuring stick on stadium bathrooms is how fast can I get in and out of them. I haven't noticed anything abnormal, or slow about the TCF bathrooms. Maybe it is personal preference but I like the individual urinals as opposed to the kind at the metrodome. It makes the lines to use them more defined, and keeps my well earned personal space to me.

Oh man, I was just reading their posts. They sure are a sad state, with a jealous fan base that only wishes they had the history and success we have had. Even though we have been down, we still lead the all time series and over the last 5 years they are 3-2. Iowa is probably considered the Mexico of the USA, just a dump!!! When you have a fan named Pantherhawk....Its just to easy to make fun of them.

I have to say the Gopher fan who referred to the Iowa stadium as the "Learn to fly Kinnick stadiudump" brought the discussion to a low even the Iowa fans didn't dare.

They should have learned last November that Brewster isn't here anymore.

I love their comments about how expensive Minneapolis is. I suppose anyplace where you can't buy a 12-pack of Natural Ice and a tin of Rooster brand chew for under $10 will be expensive. Their fanbase wants so badly to be Nebraska, but it's never, ever going to happen. They're a classless, ignorant bunch of imbeciles and hayseeds. Continue to thump your chests about your football program, Hawkeye fans. Your Hawks beat Tim Brewster three times. Quite an accomplishment.

Nile Kinnick died in a plane crash training as a pilot in the Second World war.

To be honest, you can't drink CHEAPER than on campus at the U. Any of the campus bars (Sally's, Burrito Loco, Library, Sterbs, etc) have amazing deals every night of the week, including gamedays. $1 will get you a drink (tap beer or rail drink) most of the time. Not sure what they're looking for.

Yes, our tailgating directly near the stadium is lacking due to the cost/requirements for passes but there is some, there is a great area down by the flats, and scattered lots on West Bank and up along University. Add to that the MANY bars within 1/2 mile walk (see above + other places like BWW, Campus Pizza, Big Ten, Applebees, Downtime, Kitty Kat, and Blarney) and there is substantial drinking opportunities, especially when you consider the beer gardens at Sallys/Sterbs. Tailgating near the stadium will develop as people get used to it. The argument that being on the St Paul fairgrounds lot is horrendous is 100% ludicrous. The buses come frequently, load quickly, and get you to the stadium as early as YOU choose to get there (middle of 2nd quarter? get an effing watch). Load you up like cattle? I'm sorry that WE are so low class, you "Boston Bluebloods," to assume that humans can deal with a 10 minute public transport ride. Should we complain that a large majority of tailgating at Iowa is done at the Finkbine Golf Course, a 1+ mile walk to the stadium?

Finally, let's compare the stadiums themselves. I will never take away from the history and tradition Kinnick has. It is a typical old-time college stadium and I'm sure many Gopher fans would agree we wish we still had an 80+ year old stadium where national championships were won, Heisman trophy winners played, and our grandparents watched the Gophers play. HOWEVER. Amenities cannot be compared. I'm sorry you fat Iowans have to climb up some stairs to get in. Fact is, you were going to have to climb those stairs to get to the upper deck anyway. Kinnick is no different. As others have posted, leg and shoulder room doesn't compare at Kinnick. The bathrooms are small and limited, as are the concession options compared to TCF. Sight-lines in the corners of the stadium of Kinnick are far less desirable (sideline seats in the endzone looking perpendicular to the field not towards the 50, endzone seats in the back corner are 208 ft from the corner of the endzone as opposed to 163 in TCF). I've seen many Iowans jest at the open end of the stadium as if it makes it a non-real college football arena. Last I checked Kinnick has 4 separate parts with a giant gap between the sideline and endzone structures. Is this any different? Lastly, our scoreboard dwarfs theirs and nearly every seat in the house has gorgeous views of campus and downtown Mpls.

And the kicker, we're 1-0 against the Hawks in "Kinnick North." Go home and pout and beat your chests about your 70k+ capacity all you want. We've got the all-time winning record, 6 compared to 1 National Championship, 18 to 11 Big Ten championships, and have won 2 of the last 5 and 5 of the last 13 (which I'd hardly call them 'dominating' us). Whatever.

Fine post RailBaron. Summed it up superbly.

BTW, did you keep your tickets in the same location this year?

It's larger than the stadiums of Indiana, Northwestern, Kansas, Baylor, Stanford, Syracuse, Oregon State, Boston College Vanderbilt, Washington State, Cincinatti and Duke, just to list the BCS stadiums. The capacity of TCF is actually above the FBS average.

Have to nitpick...Indiana's stadium seats more than TCF by a couple of thousand.

Good catch. I forgot about Wake Forest entirely, and I forgot about Utah and TCU moving to the BCS. If we ever expand by 10,000, we will jump up 12 spots. To be fair, I said we had a larger capacity than Indiana, but I'm not sure about that, I have seen a couple different capacities for their stadium, one is slightly lower than ours, one slightly larger, not sure which is accurate.
Missed this post where you already noted the Indiana thing. FWIW, it is definitely larger.

Iowa does not have a national title. Pre-BCS, the AP and Coaches polls were what counted. LSU won both in 1958. That they claim some pathetic "national championship" that no one outside of the FWAA cares about is even sorrier than the fact that they really have zero.

Unfortunately I could not renew my tickets this year. In February-May I was in the midst of doing a bunch of projects to my house with the intent to sell, also knowing that come October I'd be getting married. Perfect storm of not having enough expendable income to afford the tickets this year, which really bummed us out (especially since it looks like the home won't be selling anyway). We'll be going to the WI, IA, and Miami OH games and also a road trip to Northwestern.

Also, as far as Nat'l Championships go.. I'm aware I was just throwing them a bone since they claim it but it still doesn't come close to our 6.

Fine post RailBaron. Summed it up superbly.

BTW, did you keep your tickets in the same location this year?

Well done RailBaron. I've been dry for almost 30 years, but I want to assure everyone that there is no truth to the rumor that Cal Stoll wanted me on the squad after I was timed doing a 3.9 40-yard dash from Memorial Stadium to Stub and Herb's at half time back in the 1970s.

Great times back then. I know I whine about it, but they should have revamped Memorial a bit instead of heading down to the Metrodome and kept Stadium Village party central for game days.

Excellent post Railbaron. They're probably pissed they can't get Icehouse on tap and Meth is probably more expensive than the home made stuff.

The suspect Gerardo Martinez, 30, denied having a cat, but later admitted to police that he was high on meth...

iowa_meth.jpg

The suspect Gerardo Martinez, 30, denied having a cat, but later admitted to police that he was high on meth...

Martinez allegedly answered the door topless and with his pants down. Cops told KCCI that he initially tried to pin the crime on his roommate before confessing that he was the culprit.

Prosecutors might slap Martinez with additional charges, because he's a registered sex offender, according to a subsequent report by The Daily Nonpareil.

And a video link:

My guess is that TCF bank has a much larger footprint than Kinnick Stadium, and if you add up all the interior space on the suite side and elewhere, TCF probably has at least twice the square footage. Also, there are spaces up by windows facing North and East above the concession/restroom areas that are completely empty right now.

Yes, I completely agree! Kinnick is cramped, dirty, stinky pit!

The most famous Iowa export.

slipknotindex.jpg

Pretty much sums it up.
More people probably know who Tom Arnold is than those talentless hacks. I liked them better the first time around...when they were called KISS. I can't wait until Iowa brings their tens of thousands of fans to Minneapolis so I can listen to their spellbinding stories. Like the one about that momentous day when they went to Ground Round and were blessed to find the rare three-chambered peanut in the bowl of free salted in the shell snacks.

The bathrooms are "crap" logic is horribly reaching to b!tch about all things Minnesota...... I've been to Kinnick 5 times since 1999, it has the narrowist (<-Iowan talk) concourses, and the tightest and nastiest bathrooms of any stadium i've attended. Thought it's truly hard to understand where the concourse ends and where the bathrooms begin, it's all disgusting. One thing I've noticed is that the bathrooms at TCF we're designed far better, more spacious and more convenient than those at Target Field.

Talking about the bathrooms in any big public stadium is really a $hitty topic.

I especially like Eric 'PH' Jedi commenting on our thread, getting his jollies off.

/impersonation on

'Hey guys, look! We said something completely retarded and these fellows are calling us out on it! Haha!' <ejaculates>

/impersonation off

Top Bottom