Iowans complaining about TCF Bank Stadium bathrooms

I'll start with the opposite. Kinnick Smells like $hit.

The guy also complained about the stadium having steps so...

ANY reference to Iowa fans and Gopher stadium bathrooms needs to start and stop with two words: Lois Feldman. See attached.

hawkeyes.jpg

Go Gophers!!

I actually don't think the bathroom designs were very good either. But that's just me.

I do like when Iowa fans call it small, doesn't it almost have the exact same footprint as kinnick?

It's funny for Iowa fans to complain about the bathrooms, and not just for the Dome incident. Kinnick's are the tiniest, most cramped stadium bathrooms I've ever been in. I don't know what all the fuss is about; I've never had a problem getting in and out in a timely manner. Though I strategically go at off-peak times. Missing a down beats standing in line, IMO.

Steps a bad feature in a stadium? Does this guy want to take a slide to his seat? Maybe he wants to repel down to his seat and climb a rock wall up.

I think he was complaining about the steps when you enter the stadium. Would have thought they could get some escalators or something but its not a big deal. Love Minnisoooduh/pantherhawks comments he is such a square.

We really should be more understanding of our southern guests.

In Iowa, they only have 4 buildings taller than 3 stories. Therefore, they can afford to put escalators in all of them.

Plus if I weighed as much as the average Iowan, I would need some serious engineering to get me higher than a couple of flights.

LOL...well lets give them a break...this is their entertainment for a while as there is nothing else to do down there.

Wow! Really? I've been to about 30 different stadiums across the country, and Kinnick is EASILY one of the worst (if not THE worst)! "HAWKS" fans are bitter, angry, class-less and clearly have a major chip on their shoulders! An talk about a small stadium ... have you ever tried sitting in the seats at Kinnick?? At a mere 5'10" tall, my knees are pressed up against the back of the person sitting in front of me! And don't even try to get out of your seat to go to the restroom ... you WILL have to step on the feet of everyone in your aisle to get out!

Oh well ... I'm looking forward to keeping the HAWKS win-less at TCF stadium again this year!

You know...what I find most amazing is that the Hawkeye fans are called classless, loudmouth houligans by every team they play. Christ...even USC hates
them. I don't care how much I despise Wiscy football...their fans are not even close to being as bad as Iowa fans....can't wait for Q to take them to school this year...Gophers 31 - Hogeyes 24.

lol @ Iowa whining about our stadium.

The last time I was at Kinnick (2009), I saw guys peeing in the sinks on two separate occasions (I'm guessing because they didn't want to wait in line). Classy!

The last time I was at Kinnick (2009), I saw guys peeing in the sinks on two separate occasions (I'm guessing because they didn't want to wait in line). Classy!

Eh, been there, done that usually at a bar, though. At old Soldier field people would just pee in the garbage cans that held the doors open to the bathroom.

Kinnick also is totally unclean. Sure they tailgate pretty hard, which I like, but there's just trash EVERYWHERE. Just piles outside the gates.

I think he was complaining about the steps when you enter the stadium. Would have thought they could get some escalators or something but its not a big deal. Love Minnisoooduh/pantherhawks comments he is such a square.
What's hilarious is that there are elevators available for use at every entrance...

stadium_features_map.jpg

What's hilarious is that there are elevators available for use at every entrance...

stadium_features_map.jpg

Right, and the amazing thing is, the weight restriction for each elevator is 2500 pounds, for which it allows for only a maximum of 6 Hawkeye fans per trip.

Right, and the amazing thing is, the weight restriction for each elevator is 2500 pounds, for which it allows for only a maximum of 6 Hawkeye fans per trip.

And that's only if they didn't go to Old Country Buffet before the game. If they did, the limit is reduced to 5.

I can see people complaining who only attended in year one... not so much on the bathrooms but the entrance/exit. The first year it was horrible to get in (and sometimes out) but they've corrected that problem nicely.

And that's only if they didn't go to Old Country Buffet before the game. If they did, the limit is reduced to 5.

That's not all...Hawkeye fans come to Minnesota wearing bib overalls and carrying one $20 bill, and they don't change either one.

I'm quite amused at their foot stomping. They figured out last November that Brewster wasn't here anymore and they don't like it one bit. The complaints about the bathrooms are bad enough, but complaints about the steps are pathetic. Most of the college football world thinks that TCF is a great stadium, I'm not concerned by the foot stomping of some little children i n Iowa. The stadium isn't all that small and it can be expanded. It's larger than the stadiums of Indiana, Northwestern, Kansas, Baylor, Stanford, Syracuse, Oregon State, Boston College Vanderbilt, Washington State, Cincinatti and Duke, just to list the BCS stadiums. The capacity of TCF is actually above the FBS average.

Wow! Really? I've been to about 30 different stadiums across the country, and Kinnick is EASILY one of the worst (if not THE worst)! "HAWKS" fans are bitter, angry, class-less and clearly have a major chip on their shoulders! An talk about a small stadium ... have you ever tried sitting in the seats at Kinnick?? At a mere 5'10" tall, my knees are pressed up against the back of the person sitting in front of me! And don't even try to get out of your seat to go to the restroom ... you WILL have to step on the feet of everyone in your aisle to get out!

Oh well ... I'm looking forward to keeping the HAWKS win-less at TCF stadium again this year!

My guess is that TCF bank has a much larger footprint than Kinnick Stadium, and if you add up all the interior space on the suite side and elewhere, TCF probably has at least twice the square footage. Also, there are spaces up by windows facing North and East above the concession/restroom areas that are completely empty right now.

Iowa complaining about the bathrooms? I can't stand the irony. I nearly locked up trying to type this out.

It's larger than the stadiums of Indiana, Northwestern, Kansas, Baylor, Stanford, Syracuse, Oregon State, Boston College Vanderbilt, Washington State, Cincinatti and Duke, just to list the BCS stadiums.

Don't forget Utah, Wake Forest and TCU (the latter as of 2012). Having a nearly-new stadium with a capacity that's not in the bottom 20% of BCS schools, for a team that's been mostly uncompetitive for 40+ years, is actually somewhat impressive. Outside of Indiana, Vanderbilt, and Duke, each of the above schools has been more successful than us over the past few decades, so we have nothing to be ashamed of.

I'm honestly surprised by the Hawk fan negative comments regarding the rest rooms. You'd think anywhere with indoor plumbing would be welcomed.

Maybe they want Barry White music piped in the rest rooms for those romantic moments when they can find a fellow Hawkeye heifer in heat.

Don't forget Utah, Wake Forest and TCU (the latter as of 2012). Having a nearly-new stadium with a capacity that's not in the bottom 20% of BCS schools, for a team that's been mostly uncompetitive for 40+ years, is actually somewhat impressive. Outside of Indiana, Vanderbilt, and Duke, each of the above schools has been more successful than us over the past few decades, so we have nothing to be ashamed of.

Good catch. I forgot about Wake Forest entirely, and I forgot about Utah and TCU moving to the BCS. If we ever expand by 10,000, we will jump up 12 spots. To be fair, I said we had a larger capacity than Indiana, but I'm not sure about that, I have seen a couple different capacities for their stadium, one is slightly lower than ours, one slightly larger, not sure which is accurate.

I always enjoy feedback on TCF Bank Stadium and any thread on other fan message boards is worth a read for me. Since it opened in 2009, I have seen mostly favorable comments from other fans and I have seen occasional reference to its smaller capacity (by Big 10 comparison, anyway). Through all of this reading Iowa fans stand out in two very obvious ways: by far and away the highest percentage of unfavorable reviews, in general; and easily the most rips on the seating capacity. I believe the first part probably doesn't have nearly as much to do with the stadium itself as it does the horrible time most IA fans had during their one visit here. The capacity stuff is probably just due to their inflated opinion of their own stadium where 7 times per year they gather, get goose bumps, and pinch themselves over how similar it feels to big cities or other places in the country that are actually relevant. It is a natural response to let off some steam after watching their state play second fiddle in just about every comparison they have ever seen, dating back to their 8th grade geography classes, and beyond. They can cast off all those insecurities and pound their chests, knowing their football stadium has a larger seating capacity. Yay!

I always enjoy feedback on TCF Bank Stadium and any thread on other fan message boards is worth a read for me. Since it opened in 2009, I have seen mostly favorable comments from other fans and I have seen occasional reference to its smaller capacity (by Big 10 comparison, anyway). Through all of this reading Iowa fans stand out in two very obvious ways: by far and away the highest percentage of unfavorable reviews, in general; and easily the most rips on the seating capacity. I believe the first part probably doesn't have nearly as much to do with the stadium itself as it does the horrible time most IA fans had during their one visit here. The capacity stuff is probably just due to their inflated opinion of their own stadium where 7 times per year they gather, get goose bumps, and pinch themselves over how similar it feels to big cities or other places in the country that are actually relevant. It is a natural response to let off some steam after watching their state play second fiddle in just about every comparison they have ever seen, dating back to their 8th grade geography classes, and beyond. They can cast off all those insecurities and pound their chests, knowing their football stadium has a larger seating capacity. Yay!

Hey! Watch your step. They have opera in Des Moines you know! ;)

Two things: Enjoyed the "we had the pick of 8,000 end zone seats" line. Too bad their "we'll STILL get 20,000 people in there" boasts came up about 13,000 short. :cool:

The other was actually kind of informative to the people here who inquire about tailgating:

"Tailgating. There are parking lots around the stadium that you can tailgate in. They're almost all reserved parking lots (which means you need a pass). But you can almost always buy them on Craigslist, or via brokers. If you want to do traditional parking lot tailgating, just do a quick search of those types of sites and buy up a parking pass for one of the lots. Doodle got two of them last year for a decent price from TicketKing (a local Twin Cities ticket broker). Lots 33 and 37 are the ones you're most likely to find the greatest number of passes for sale for the most reasonable prices. See link for parking info.

Top Bottom