Iowa start time?

Gopher football Twitter says its at 11. For selfish reasons I'm happy it's 11 because now I will be able to go.

Gophersports says 11am on ABC or ESPN2.

This sucks! Sick of the breakfast tailgates already.

Sucks. Another game I will have to record and try to not hear the score ahead of time.

I'm bummed too.

Since Rutgers is already scheduled for 11AM, not exactly a great tailgate season this year. Probably a high chance that Purdue & Northwestern are 11AM starts as well....

I'm bummed too.

Since Rutgers is already scheduled for 11AM, not exactly a great tailgate season this year. Probably a high chance that Purdue & Northwestern are 11AM starts as well....

Shows the pull of our AD. Can't even get homecoming later in the afternoon.

This is really unbelievable. We're now likely to have 6(!) home games, meaning all of our Saturday home games, kick off at 11 AM.

The occasional 11 AM kick is fine. Really, really sucks having all of them kick at 11.

What sucks most of all is that it really isn't a great week of Big Ten games. Maryland @ PSU is a 12PM ET game. The other games that week are Pur. @ IL, IU @ OSU, MI @ Rutg & BYU @ MSU.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's crap. It's the same thing every year. Delaney said years ago they wanted to eliminate teams starting before 12pm local time. There are no marquee games that week. Purdue at Illinois and BYU at MSU get the 2:30 slots. MSU is in the Eastern time zone. Purdue and Illinois are both trash. And yes, I know everything is driven by TV.

We should leave the Big Ten! :)
This has adversely affected my beer consumption on game days.

We should leave the Big Ten! :)
This has adversely affected my beer consumption on game days.

9am games for you out there, right? Roll out of bed, make yourself a bloody mary and you're good to go.

I guess the silver lining is last time Iowa had to play here at 11am, it didn't work out so hot for them.

Why does everyone hate the 11 am slot? That's when college football is supposed to be played.

Get up, kick their ass and reverse the tailgate.

Why does everyone hate the 11 am slot? That's when college football is supposed to be played.

Say what? Since when has 11 AM ever been thought of as a traditional time slot?

The traditional kick time WAS 1 PM, but has gone out the window since we've whored our sport out for TV dollars.

Say what? Since when has 11 AM ever been thought of as a traditional time slot?

The traditional kick time WAS 1 PM, but has gone out the window since we've whored our sport out for TV dollars.

You must be older than me.

Nothing better than a crisp morning game. And for the people complaining about needing more drinking time. If you can't get drunk by 11 AM you are doing it wrong.

Because you're much more likely to have a full, rowdy, engaged student section if the game is later.

I would like to argue this with you but normally the student section is more full and rowdy for evening games, but generally I think that has more to do with the game than the time slot.

Top Bottom