Iowa Game Time?

For FOX, college football prime time is noon.
Depending on what happens this week, Gopher/Iowa game could be best game.

Week 11 — Saturday, Nov. 13​

• Minnesota at Iowa
  • Northwestern at Wisconsin
  • Purdue at Ohio State
  • Rutgers at Indiana
  • Maryland at Michigan State
  • Michigan at Penn State

It is hard to believe it will not be 2:30.

• Minnesota at Iowa
  • Purdue at Ohio State
  • Rutgers at Indiana
  • Michigan at Penn State
I think the conclusion here is that it won't be the Fox Big Noon game if it's airing on BTN.

• Minnesota at Iowa
  • Purdue at Ohio State
  • Rutgers at Indiana
  • Michigan at Penn State
Michigan @ Penn State was choice #1 or #2 (FOX)
Purdue @ OSU was choice #2 or #1 (ABC/ESPN)

Which leaves the most important game of the week to #3.

It is hard to believe it will not be 2:30.
Not including prime time Penn St @ Oh St, last week the 2 best Big 10 games were at Noon (Mich @ Mich St & Iowa @ Wisc).

Last edited:

They better not wait and exercise the bullshit 6 day window to announce. Such a middle finger to the fans who are planning to travel down

Since they have not yet announced it yet, I would say it won't be determined until Sunday at the earliest.

getting the job done on regional cable LFG

Went for the first time in 2019, and will be returning this year. Place is a dump. The U stuck us in the same spot (sec 109) which is less than optimal, but my family and I have easy access to the aisle for the inevitable (!) field rush.

Went for the first time in 2019, and will be returning this year. Place is a dump. The U stuck us in the same spot (sec 109) which is less than optimal, but my family and I have easy access to the aisle for the inevitable (!) field rush.
I know the Visitors institution does not control what parts of the Home stadium's 3000 seats are allotted to the visiting team. At least for bowl games, the U did "control" where you ended up. Not sure though there was any rhyme or reason to where one ended up even by the U but would love to be corrected.

I know the Visitors institution does not control what parts of the Home stadium's 3000 seats are allotted to the visiting team. At least for bowl games, the U did "control" where you ended up. Not sure though there was any rhyme or reason to where one ended up even by the U but would love to be corrected.
I can't speak to bowl games (never been) but I do know when you buy your tickets to a regular season away game from the U, at least X days in advance, you are seated in order of your Gopher score. The sections that the team allots for visitors are predefined but the U does seat those with better Gopher scores closer to the field.

Yeah, I'm not complaining--it seemed as though we were right where we should be last time. Lots of Gophers all around. It really is something to see that place crammed with humanity. My youngest is brining a sign to hold up should things go south that says, "Congratulations. You can spell."

I can't speak to bowl games (never been) but I do know when you buy your tickets to a regular season away game from the U, at least X days in advance, you are seated in order of your Gopher score. The sections that the team allots for visitors are predefined but the U does seat those with better Gopher scores closer to the field.
Makes sense. Gopher score is in the 6000's.

I think your average Hawk would like for this to be a night game. They know they do not match up well and would love the nighttime 12th Man at Kinnick to assist in taking the Gophers down.

That said, don't see a night game happening for reasons already stated.

I'd like a 2:30 start just for the possibility of greater exposure. Still need to take care of business against Chief Illiniwek this weekend but taking down I-O-W-A would get us clearly on the CFB 2021 national radar for sure.

TV networks were waiting to see what the CFP rankings would be, before bidding on the top games.

They're out, and I guarantee they'll be negotiating today for what games they want for their slots.

TV networks were waiting to see what the CFP rankings would be, before bidding on the top games.

They're out, and I guarantee they'll be negotiating today for what games they want for their slots.
Negotiating sure, but that doesn't mean it will be determined/announced. Results this weekend can have a huge impact. My hunch still, it won't be announced until Sunday morning. That seems how it's worked in the past, as far as I can recall.

Negotiating sure, but that doesn't mean it will be determined/announced. Results this weekend can have a huge impact. My hunch still, it won't be announced until Sunday morning. That seems how it's worked in the past, as far as I can recall.
You are correct. I keep forgetting that we're talking about the game in week 11. Doh!

Top Bottom