Iowa fans

Very nice

Every Iowa fan that was around us was great...they could be worse...they could be Badger fans!

Except for the dude. And very nice looking. Okay one of them was exceptional making up for the remainder of the group. Besides she was with the MN fan, who had some of the best moves of anyone on the field or in the stands.

Incredible how high and mighty these Iowa folks are.

The fact of the matter is no one cares about them for 364 days of the year and one day each year, they crow about how far superior they are because of their football team.

Wow. When they get good at some other sports, then maybe I'll care a little more about their football dominance. That's what makes the Wisconsin rivalry fun. The Badgers are national contenders in several other sports, as are the Gophers, so that rivalry extends to other sports as well as football. Iowa? Not so much.

They'll gloat over this win for the rest of their year, because the fact is, other than wrestling, they have nothing else. So just expect it, that's the way they are and always will be.

Having said all of this (and admittedly, in a rather nasty tone), every school and every fanbase has their fair share of idiots. I'm just sick of all the gloating by hawkeye fans over one football game. One sporting event that apparently defines a whole year. To me, that's over the top.

Time to move forward in the discussion.

I doubt a victory over Minnesota defines their year. You're giving yourself a little too much credit. A victory over MN is expected, so the "gloating" really isnt an issue.

Incredible how high and mighty these Iowa folks are.

The fact of the matter is no one cares about them for 364 days of the year and one day each year, they crow about how far superior they are because of their football team.

Wow. When they get good at some other sports, then maybe I'll care a little more about their football dominance. That's what makes the Wisconsin rivalry fun. The Badgers are national contenders in several other sports, as are the Gophers, so that rivalry extends to other sports as well as football. Iowa? Not so much.

They'll gloat over this win for the rest of their year, because the fact is, other than wrestling, they have nothing else. So just expect it, that's the way they are and always will be.

Having said all of this (and admittedly, in a rather nasty tone), every school and every fanbase has their fair share of idiots. I'm just sick of all the gloating by hawkeye fans over one football game. One sporting event that apparently defines a whole year. To me, that's over the top.

Time to move forward in the discussion.

Just so that I am not completely ignorant to your superior athletic programs, what is it that MN is a perrenial contender in besides Hockey? I dont think your B-Ball program is much above Iowas lately or even in the last 20-25 years for that matter. Sure you had your Final 4 but we had some good runs here and there. I just want to know what sport that "matters" Minny is so much better than Iowa at. I mean, there really arent any sports other than BB and FB that anyone cares about nationally. Hell, how many big ten teams even play hockey? They cant even get the pro version on decent national TV. I love how eloquent you all try to be by looking down on the little old Iowans and belittling them with your skewed perceptions.

Also, The wins that make our years are:
Ohio State
PSU
Michigan
NYD Bowls

When we win those games, the seasons can be good. When we beat MN, we did exactly what we should do regularly against them.

I doubt a victory over Minnesota defines their year. You're giving yourself a little too much credit. A victory over MN is expected, so the "gloating" really isnt an issue.

whose side are you on you little biatch?! seriously, just get off this board already and head back to your little hogeye forum you poser.....what a tool bag

hey hogeye fans tim & chuck taylor lowtops - read below

You want to talk about a classless bunch of fans, how about the Gopher fans yelling "we hate iowa" before the game even started. Must have been forshadowing for the result to come. It was nice to see these die hard gopher fans leaving by the thousands at the start of the third so the real fans dressed in black and gold could show support for their team. The only thing that would have been better was if Iowa had something to play for like in '02 and the goal posts came down again. Have fun in Detroit Gophers!!!!

how does every little hogeye d-bag like yourselves find your sorry little way onto a gopher message board to post your filth?! troll hogeye posters like you that waste the rest of your weekends to sit on an opposing team's message board trying to flame proves our point time and again that you pig-f'ers have a serious inferiority complex when it comes to all things minnesota (no matter how hard you try to deny it we all know it is true) otherwise you wouldn't be on here. the facts below are likely the main reasons why (especially when it comes to college football). get a life losers!

minnesota begins big 10 football conference play (1896 - big 10 charter member)
we are nice and let you pig f-er's begin big 10 football conference play (1900)

hmmmm......only four years separates us in conference play, yet in all that time your little hogeye football team has been unable to win the big one, the NC. no wonder you hogeye (and becky badger) rubes are never interested in "looking back at the TOTAL history" of the 3 different programs. you all have selective 15-30 year memories. and the one year you pig f-er's came close (1960-61) to an NC who was it that took it all away from you down in ioweee city to claim the national championship all for themselves? oh that's right....it was the golden gophers of minnesota who beat down your hogeyes, biatch!

all-time series: minnesota leads 59-41-2
floyd of rosedale series: minnesota leads 39-34-2
big ten titles: minnesota (18); pig f-er's (11)

AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL: national titles - minnesota (6); pig f-er's (0)

history is history and you can't pick and chose which parts you want to look at. it ALL counts in the end. come back and talk smack to us about football when you have the upper-hand in any of these categories. won't happen punks! go make love to your prize pigs now.

:)

For a fan base that expects to win over the Gophers and doesn't define their season with a win over Minnesota, you folks are spending an awful lot of time over here telling us how inferior we are compared to your mighty Hawks. Oh, and doing an awful lot of "gloating" at that. No problem. That's what happens with rivalries, which is why I also retort rather nastily back.

But I would like to make one more point. The U fields extremely competitive teams in a lot of sports, including volleyball, men's and women's cross country, men's and women's track, men's and women's hockey, wrestling, gymnastics, swimming, women's basketball (and its looking like it at men's basketball soon) soccer and baseball. In fact, the sport that is the most inconsistent at the school is probably football. This is why I don't really care about what the rest of the nation thinks of us. The fact is that Minnesota has a top 20 athletic program and the Director's Cup reflects this every year. Iowa seems a little more imbalanced. I'm not sure why that is, Hawkeye fans would obviously have much greater insight here than I do.

For me, it's not so much looking down my nose at Iowa as questioning why they aren't better in other sports. Football is good, wrestling is superb. But after that, there seems to be a noticeable dropoff, other than the women's basketball team which I think won the Big Ten last year right???

If anyone feels like responding, feel free. Otherwise, I will simply wish Iowa good luck in the bowl game and see you next year at Kinnick.

Hey Bronko,
The reason no one cares about your national championships is because most of us weren't alive when they happened. But at least you took the high road with "pig-f'ers". You classy Gopher you.

Be sure to bundle up for your bowl game. Could be a cold one...

Just so that I am not completely ignorant to your superior athletic programs, what is it that MN is a perrenial contender in besides Hockey? I dont think your B-Ball program is much above Iowas lately or even in the last 20-25 years for that matter. Sure you had your Final 4 but we had some good runs here and there. I just want to know what sport that "matters" Minny is so much better than Iowa at. I mean, there really arent any sports other than BB and FB that anyone cares about nationally. Hell, how many big ten teams even play hockey? They cant even get the pro version on decent national TV. I love how eloquent you all try to be by looking down on the little old Iowans and belittling them with your skewed perceptions.

Also, The wins that make our years are:
Ohio State
PSU
Michigan
NYD Bowls

hmmm let's see einstein. try minnesota, michigan, ohio state, michigan state, wisconsin. looks like the all-time "big dogs" of big ten athletics all play D1 hockey. btw - it's called google. use it next time loud mouth.

Hey Bronko,
The reason no one cares about your national championships is because most of us weren't alive when they happened. But at least you took the high road with "pig-f'ers". You classy Gopher you.

Be sure to bundle up for your bowl game. Could be a cold one...

yeah, kind of like your hogeye wrestling national championships that no one cares about. btw - being classy and dealing with iowa pig f-er's are not two things that go together. it is like oil & water. they just don't mix. you should know that by now. so please don't give me the "high road" lecture - you hogeye fans are some of the worst offenders.

don't you need to get back to your boring ass insurance job in des moines now?! later bud.......

My, this is a pretty defensive group.

There's hardly been any gloating or celebration, and every Gopher fan here is slamming the keyboard with a mini-rant in complete rage. It's pretty sad.

I wonder what Bronko Nagurski Gopher does as a job compared to a "boring ass insurance job" that allows him to post on a message board at 1:33. Must not be too important.

yeah, kind of like your hogeye wrestling national championships that no one cares about. btw - being classy and dealing with iowa pig f-er's are not two things that go together. it is like oil & water. they just don't mix. you should know that by now. so please don't give me the "high road" lecture - you hogeye fans are some of the worst offenders.

don't you need to get back to your boring ass insurance job in des moines now?! later bud.......

In all honesty, this thread has talked more about Iowa wrestling than I've uttered in my entire life. I couldn't care less about wrestling. And "I should know this by now"? I've been an Iowan and a Hawkeye my entire life and have yet to run into a situation where I was forced to accuse opposing fans of having intercourse with an animal. These awful fans you speak of... all teams have them. All teams have good fans too. Which side of the fence do you think you land on? Or are you going to give another version of "Well at least I'm not as bad as you guys..."

At least you can take solace in the fact that your comments were so stupid that people registered on this site just to inform you of your stupidity.

In all honesty, this thread has talked more about Iowa wrestling than I've uttered in my entire life. I couldn't care less about wrestling. And "I should know this by now"? I've been an Iowan and a Hawkeye my entire life and have yet to run into a situation where I was forced to accuse opposing fans of having intercourse with an animal. These awful fans you speak of... all teams have them. All teams have good fans too. Which side of the fence do you think you land on? Or are you going to give another version of "Well at least I'm not as bad as you guys..."

At least you can take solace in the fact that your comments were so stupid that people registered on this site just to inform you of your stupidity.

ahh......but, they were just good enough for you to even waste your "precious" time and keep coming back for more. you are too funny troll. :rolleyes:

ahh......but, they were just good enough for you to even waste your "precious" time and keep coming back for more. you are too funny troll. :rolleyes:

Well, I figured Hawk fans took over your stadium so we might as well take over your forums as well. What size of pants do you wear? I'm in the market for a solid pair of jeans...

A Little Defensive?

My, this is a pretty defensive group.

There's hardly been any gloating or celebration, and every Gopher fan here is slamming the keyboard with a mini-rant in complete rage. It's pretty sad.

- Most of the Iowa fans I met, including the two sitting by us and the ones in the long lines at the gate, were decent people. I hope that I would have been as gracious if things were reversed.

- The loss was the worst Big Ten loss in Gopher history. Any Gopher fan who is "pretty defensive" about the loss is taking it pretty damn well.

- I read the Iowa boards after the Michigan State loss (third in a row I think) and the number of posters who want to fire Captain Kirk and throw Christianson (sp) out of school was pretty damn high. The guys calling for Brewster firing have, for the most part, been calling for it since the day he was hired.

- This is the MOST I have said about Saturday's debacle and like Texas Tech, Indiana, Michigan and Notre Dame fans I'm not thinking or saying another damn thing about our's either:(

Now I hope Iowa and all other Big Ten teams (even Wisconsin) beat the bleep out of whoever they meet in the Bowl Games.

So...... if we are done with all the name calling and crying, I would like to join Iceland12 in wishing all B10 teams good luck in the bowl games. Hopefully, the Gophers go to Arizona or Florida and get a win.

Those young offensive and defensive lines will use this game in the off-season to keep the fire burning in training sessions. I imagine they will pretty damn solid in year or two.

I saw asshole Gopher and Hawkeye fans, but by far I saw a lot of great fans on both sides and enjoyed the Gopher fans.

Good luck, Gophers, and Go Hawkeyes!!!

Handsome Pete, I hope this helps.

There's not a fan base I hate more than Iowa. We can make fun of that drunken hoard of scum all we want. But they are some of the best fans in all of college football.

Well, I figured Hawk fans took over your stadium so we might as well take over your forums as well. What size of pants do you wear? I'm in the market for a solid pair of jeans...

and this whole time i thought iowans only wore overalls and straw hats?! silly me......bye, bye now little troll. go on back to the pig barn and say hello to your wife for me. i am sure she misses you greatly, what with all this time you have been spending on golden gopher message boards the last 3 days. doesn't she have needs you are not fulfulling?! :D

Well, the fact that the last of your oft-mentioned national championships in football happened in 1960 (the other five from 1934-1941) is probably not a recent memory to most of the fan base of either school,either.

FYI - Wisconsin won seven Boxing Championships (last in 1956), but that isn't very relevant either (other than that my Mom accepted a date to a boxing match with my Dad and pretended to be interested just to go out with him). As previously stated, things that happened so long ago are of very limited interest.

Better to have been a past champion than never a champion at all. Go touch some guys in singlets why don't ya :D

- Most of the Iowa fans I met, including the two sitting by us and the ones in the long lines at the gate, were decent people. I hope that I would have been as gracious if things were reversed.

- The loss was the worst Big Ten loss in Gopher history. Any Gopher fan who is "pretty defensive" about the loss is taking it pretty damn well.

- I read the Iowa boards after the Michigan State loss (third in a row I think) and the number of posters who want to fire Captain Kirk and throw Christianson (sp) out of school was pretty damn high. The guys calling for Brewster firing have, for the most part, been calling for it since the day he was hired.

- This is the MOST I have said about Saturday's debacle and like Texas Tech, Indiana, Michigan and Notre Dame fans I'm not thinking or saying another damn thing about our's either:(

Now I hope Iowa and all other Big Ten teams (even Wisconsin) beat the bleep out of whoever they meet in the Bowl Games.

There's a difference between being defensive about their team and being defensive about Iowa fans. I'd be more pissed off that my team laid a massive egg than a fanbase I don't like. When you start rattling off about championships you won before World War II, I say that's being a bit ridiculous.

Most fans on Iowa's Football board are awful. I don't even read it but stick to the Premium Board; seems to filter out a good portion of the meatballs.

bottom line is we got whupped 55-0

does that not say enough - I have been season tix holder since '93 and that was the first game I ever left early - I've sat through to the final gun in some very sad situations but I just could not stomach what took place Saturday - give the Hawkeye fans thier - due cease any further interaction - we'll be back! not sure when but we will be back!

I left early but...

only because my friends and I were being hit on by some extremely sloppy drunk Iowa fans wearing striped overalls. They were the most obnoxious guys and said some pretty disgusting things to us. That has never ever happened to me at a Gopher sporting event before in my life.
I would normally chide Bronco Nagurski Gopher for being less than diplomatic but after what I experienced on Saturday I have to say RIGHT ON BRONCO!!!!

If Only Gopher fans would travel so well. Is it really the Iowa fans, or is it there are significantly fewer, passionate Gopher fans?

If Only Gopher fans would travel so well. Is it really the Iowa fans, or is it there are significantly fewer, passionate Gopher fans?

seriously, where do you lame hogeye S.O.B.'s keep coming from?! please go glad-hand each other on your hogeye board already and get the F out of here! no one on this board gives a rip what any of you rubes from pig land think about gopher fans, our football program, etc.

most of us understand that when one takes the whole picture of both programs into account from beginning to end that our college football program is vastly superior and has had far more legitimate national success than your little cornfield college to the south. that is why you will never get a TRUE gopher football fan to give an inch to any of you pig lovin', mouth breathers - no matter how hard you try to convince us otherwise or regardless of how many of you hogeye fans show up for a game in the last 20 years because there is never, ever anything else more worthwhile going on in ioweee on a saturday.

the ones that do "give an inch" to you are either the apathetic "sometimes a fan, sometimes not" types OR more likely the "off-spring" trolls of one of the thousands & thousands of hogeye grads who quickly move on up to the minneapolis/st. paul metro once their sentence in iowa city is up.

this thread is getting lame. let's move on already.....or come back for some more. either way piss off hogeyes! it is impossible to be diplomatic with any of you pig lovers, so i am not even going to try. oh and go gophers!

Bronco, is diplomacy really impossible, or have you just not tried it?

Again, good luck to the Gophers in their bowl game.

Go Big Ten!!!

So Denying Gloating and Gloating

. . .Can the same thing. Interesting.

The Hawkeyes are the only team in Iowa for fans to cheer for. There are no pro teams down here so there are more people who are willing to travel.

I love the Gophers football team and could probably go to every game (home and away) if I wanted to, but I like to be able to go to a Gopher basketball and hockey games, Twins games, and Wild games. I can only afford so much.

Top Bottom