Iowa fans just can't help themselves

It was a Big Ten game nothing more. Class is acting like you have won a game before, shaking hands with Michigan, being good sports, praying if so inclined, and going back to your locker room. Classlessness is acting like you came from 90 back or just clinched a Rose Bowl insted of beating a mid-tier Michigan.

What he said!

What I find hilarious is that a significant number of posters here were all for rushing the field if we beat Wisconsin (also an unranked team). I know the situation isn't completely equal since Iowa was ranked and Michigan was not, but rushing the field had we beaten UW wouldn't have "shown us as having been there" either.

It was a Big Ten game nothing more. Class is acting like you have won a game before, shaking hands with Michigan, being good sports, praying if so inclined, and going back to your locker room. Classlessness is acting like you came from 90 back or just clinched a Rose Bowl insted of beating a mid-tier Michigan.

Why are you acting like it was the team's decision?

On one hand we bash Minnesota fans for not being enthusiastic enough, but on the other we bash Iowa fans for being too enthusiastic?

Absolutely. I thought the point was to support/defend your own team and rip (in a relatively civil manner) your main rivals. Did Iowa even cover the spread?

Absolutely. I thought the point was to support/defend your own team and rip (in a relatively civil manner) your main rivals. Did Iowa even cover the spread?

Not even close, but that's pretty much how we roll this year. Terrible offense, solid D and special teams, and tons of forced turnovers. It's been this way in basically every game except ISU and Arizona.

A guy I work with was a Boy Scout usher for a couple of years at Kinnick years ago . He told me one thing he learned that he'll never forget: " 13 year old kids can not keep Hawkeye fans from storming the field!"

He was glad when he heard that they now were just letting the fans go on the field.

They used the boy scouts to supplement the rent a cop security when I was a student years ago. Honestly, I think they weren't totally ineffective. Even drunken students didn't want to run over little kids for the most part. For the big games where the students were going to rush the field regardless, the look on those poor kids' faces as they stood in the way of thousands of college students sticks with me.

Top Bottom