Intrigued For The Brewster Stories To Come Out

Classic

Sorry there guy, no need to act like a jerk on my behalf, Tim Brewster did a horrible job and everyone in the country knows it. In four seasons, he most likely would have had two 1-11 seasons and I don't think too many other teams would be saying "Let's be nice" right now if he did it to them. I don't care if he poured his heart and soul into a job he was not prepared to do or the fact that he did not know what he was doing, he was paid very well and he simply did not get the job done.

Tim Brewster will continue to get paid very well by the U of M and next year I am sure he will be an assistant or recruiting coordinator somewhere else. He will probably do just fine at it, but you can be very sure he won't be a head coach for a long, long time if ever again.

This is what cracks me up about the Brew hating crowd.

There is the large faction of fans who agree that Brew wasn't up to the task at hand, did not get the job done, and his firing was right and justified. He just wasn't able to deliver on what he was paid to do.

THEN, there is the small faction of fans, like yourself, that seem to think that Brewster was on some personal mission to afflict pain and misery on YOU. Like he somehow sought you out and sexually assaulted you in the safety and privacy of your own home. Do us all a favor and get over yourself.

He wasn't the guy for the job, he didn't get the job done.

But I take NO issue with anybody who gives it their all at the vocation for which they paid. I doubt 2% of the population approaches their profession of choice with the vigor and determination that Brewster did. I would without question fall over dead if you did.

Brewster did the absolutely best he possibly could and that's all he "owed" any of the fans.

This is what cracks me up about the Brew hating crowd.

There is the large faction of fans who agree that Brew wasn't up to the task at hand, did not get the job done, and his firing was right and justified. He just wasn't able to deliver on what he was paid to do.

THEN, there is the small faction of fans, like yourself, that seem to think that Brewster was on some personal mission to afflict pain and misery on YOU. Like he somehow sought you out and sexually assaulted you in the safety and privacy of your own home. Do us all a favor and get over yourself.

He wasn't the guy for the job, he didn't get the job done.

But I take NO issue with anybody who gives it their all at the vocation for which they paid. I doubt 2% of the population approaches their profession of choice with the vigor and determination that Brewster did. I would without question fall over dead if you did.

Brewster did the absolutely best he possibly could and that's all he "owed" any of the fans.

Great post!

This is like staring at the wake of an outboard motor. Everyone thinks they see something, but nothing will become apparent until there is a little more distance.

This week, I want to see the Gopher Offense score in the first quarter. I want to see the Gopher Defense make two picks and have three sacks. Will it happen? I'll know at 3:00 PM Saturday.

I'd also like to see the Gophers beat Iowa. Am I being realistic? Probably not, but it's Iowa. *ack!* *pto0ey!*

How awesome would it be, going into the Iowa game at 1-10 in 'Kinnick North 2.0' (hate to say it, but you know it's gonna look like it), and ruining any BCS bowl chance that Iowa has by finally beating the Hogeyes..

In the name of the late, great MLK, Jr...
dreamsicle.jpg

Those of us who didn't like Brewster and Weber were ripped merciously for the past 3 years and we deserve some time on here to vent. Brew had one good game in 4 years, the upset of MSU. He took the program down and he pranced around like Mussolini. He never gave Gray a shot and he kept Weber in there no matter what. He fired Dunbar when he should have benched Weber.

Maybe we should start a poll as to how long people are allowwed to vent after the Brewster firing.

Heck, maybe we should even have a poll to see if we should use a point system for said poll.

I've hired and fired many people in my life. It is not enjoyable to fire someone that has tried their best and accomplished some good things(both of which Brewster did). The bottom line for a coach is wins and losses and Brew did not get the job done so the cord was cut.

The only reason to continue to rip Brewster now is to make oneself feel better. If that is what you need fine, though personaly I wouldn't compare him to Mussolini.

(1) Yeah Ogee! Great post. I never questioned Brewster's efforts and never believed he had a hidden agenda.

(2) Brewster was fired. Mussolini was hung, decapitated, and his head used as an impromptu soccer ball.

(3) Vent away those who want to vent, but don't make like your venting puts you on higher moral ground.

(4) Still no information on the transvestite midget hookers!

Maybe we should start a poll as to how long people are allowwed to vent after the Brewster firing.

Heck, maybe we should even have a poll to see if we should use a point system for said poll.

I've hired and fired many people in my life. It is not enjoyable to fire someone that has tried their best and accomplished some good things(both of which Brewster did). The bottom line for a coach is wins and losses and Brew did not get the job done so the cord was cut.

The only reason to continue to rip Brewster now is to make oneself feel better. If that is what you need fine, though personaly I wouldn't compare him to Mussolini.

Be fair, for Halsey a 1945 reference is about as relevant as you're gonna get.

Top Bottom