Interesting tailgating idea

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
O.K. it's a slow part of the season.

This appears to be available only in Texas, but re-purposing shipping containers to create a tailgating city is certainly an interesting concept. Do a one-time or season long lease? Far too forward thinking for "The U", but I need to busy my mind with something.

http://www.boxlife.squarespace.com/boxgate1/

whoa whoa whoa.... wayyyyyyy to forward thinking here. lets take it back a step or two.

Minneapolis would probably call out a SWAT team to put an end to it. They'd storm the area, throw flash-bangs, load tear gas, shut it down, and figure out what ordinance was violated later.

hahaa this would be fantastic.

boxGATE%20final%20render.jpg

Minneapolis would probably call out a SWAT team to put an end to it. They'd storm the area, throw flash-bangs, load tear gas, shut it down, and figure out what ordinance was violated later.

HAHAHAHA! Well played, sir! :clap:

Is the roof big enough for bags? If so, I might be making this a priority and forcing the kids to pay their own way through school.

Color me interested, that's for sure. But only if the U would let me drop my box in the Ski-U-Mah lot (or equivalent) on a Monday morning, and live there for the week. With a wireless connection and my laptop, I can work the week from my gatebox, sleep there for the week until game day. Stadium Village and Dinkytown businesses rejoice - I'd be frequenting your establishments all week!

Done and done. Now if only my wife would go for this plan.

This idea looks like too much fun tailgating, the U would find a way to prevent it.

Would be an excellent idea to have a few lined up near the stadium to rent out to fans on a per game basis. Especially for those who travel and don't have the ability to bring all their gear, or even for those who don't have the gear and want to make an experience out of tailgating.

Then blame it on the hockey players.

If you said it promoted diversity or called it affordable housing you could put anywhere. Even on the steps of city hall.

Forget the cargo container, I can get 24 Rolls of HUGE Clear Plastic BAGS Gaylord Box Liners for $100 on eBay!!!

I've got first dibs on the abandoned skyway next to the Ski-U-Mah lot.

This may be one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I would like to inform you all that if you wanted to get this for me for my birthday, I would happily accept it :)

Where do I buy one? And do I need to take out a mortgage for it?

The "village" at Nebby is only $25,000/year, with a 4 year contract. That includes 40 "passes" per suite. I'm guessing you need a "pass" to enter the village.

So, in a 7 game home schedule, that is $89.29/game/person. 8 game schedule = $78.13/game/person.

More info here. Does not mention any included food/beverage, but I'm sure they can help you out with that planning.

Does no one else see the downside to sitting inside a metal box during the early fall in Texas?

Top Bottom