Insight Bowl -- Gophers vs. Iowa State

Jike Spingleton

Traveling Champ
Reaction score
Probably will be one of the most boring bowl games ever played, but the more important news: the Tempe Block Party has the Doobie Brothers playing this New Year's Eve. What a downgrade from last year's epic Styx show. Bummer.

Probably will be one of the most boring bowl games ever played, but the more important news: the Tempe Block Party has the Doobie Brothers playing this New Year's Eve. What a downgrade from last year's epic Styx show. Bummer.

Official?

The Insight Bowl committee is hanging the Alamo Bowl committee in effigy.

:clap:

I like the matchup. Lame that we keep going to the same bowl game though.

And Alamo Bowl, go F#%k yourselves. Good Riddance.

I like the matchup as well. I just want to win the game. Think that our chances our best vs. ISU.

We get a second chance to beat a team from Iowa this year. This bowl game match-up is better for Minnesota...but the exposure again is not great on the NFL Network. Go Gophers!

Lame game would have rather played Missouri

playing Iowa State, meh, turd game good luck selling tickets to that one.
~less than 5,000 Gopher fans at this game.

I tried telling people that the Alamo Bowl would never, ever take us unless forced to, and they proved it again today. Glad we're ditching them for the Gator Bowl, not that we'll ever play in that game, either.

Starting next year, the Big Ten #6 bowl is the new game at the Cotton Bowl, so our winter home will go Nashville --> Tempe --> Dallas.

GopherSports.com has removed the announcement for the Insight Bowl and are now saying the announcement will come at 7.30. Not sure it means anything, but it's curious....

The startribune also said we where playing kansas in basketball.

I tried telling people that the Alamo Bowl would never, ever take us unless forced to, and they proved it again today. Glad we're ditching them for the Gator Bowl, not that we'll ever play in that game, either.

I'm with you, Jike. I can't remember which year it was that they took Iowa over us, even thought we beat then, and they still didn't take us. This year we only won 6 games, I thought there was no chance...but then all this talk starting, and I began to get hope. I wish people would stop doing that, getting my hopes up and crushing them!

Iowa State played Mizzou tough, beat Nebraska and killed South Dakota State. This will not be a pushover. Unlike Minnesota, they are will coached. Minnesota probably has the better talent, Iowa State better coaching. What team will want to win the most?

I'm with you, Jike. I can't remember which year it was that they took Iowa over us, even thought we beat then, and they still didn't take us. This year we only won 6 games, I thought there was no chance...but then all this talk starting, and I began to get hope. I wish people would stop doing that, getting my hopes up and crushing them!

GL, take it from an old, old, oldtimer that never listens to rumors and gossip, or posts on the internet, even when it is what you want to hear. Let the actual story be told and released, then believe.

I am too damned old to do otherwise. (Or experienced, I don't know which)

Go Gophers, Good Luck in Tempe.

GL, take it from an old, old, oldtimer that never listens to rumors and gossip, or posts on the internet, even when it is what you want to hear. Let the actual story be told and released, then believe.

I am too damned old to do otherwise. (Or experienced, I don't know which)

Go Gophers, Good Luck in Tempe.

Depending on the source, certain poster and sources are usually right, and then you get the news first. You just have to learn to filter through the BS, vs. the good information. I never really believed we'd get the Alamo Bowl - but it just gave me hope.

If you don't believe anything on the internet, why do you read GH? It's all discussion, speculation, etc...which is why readers here typically hear about news before the general fan that waits for it to be in the paper tomorrow.

GL...I did not ever think that you would be upset with me for saying what I did. I believe a lot of the GH and internet comments, and that is why I follow GH, plus I have made some friends here. I am sorry if you think I should just ignore all on GH, but I just do not get my hopes up, or opinions changed, due to so many BS'ers here.

I never said I don't believe anything on GH. I just lay back and let what happens, happen.

Thank you for being you.

Doc.

p.s. I was also hoping for the Alamo Bowl, because I would have spent some Holiday Time with my oldest brother who lives in San Antonio. But oh well.

GL...I did not ever think that you would be upset with me for saying what I did. I believe a lot of the GH and internet comments, and that is why I follow GH, plus I have made some friends here. I am sorry if you think I should just ignore all on GH, but I just do not get my hopes up, or opinions changed, due to so many BS'ers here.

I never said I don't believe anything on GH. I just lay back and let what happens, happen.

Thank you for being you.

Doc.

p.s. I was also hoping for the Alamo Bowl, because I would have spent some Holiday Time with my oldest brother who lives in San Antonio. But oh well.

I'm not upset...I was just clarifying why you liked it and spent so much time on here (which is great), if you didn't like the speculation. I never said you should ignore all on GH, please don't put words in my mouth. I was just clarifying. That's all - no more, no less.

Iowa State played Mizzou tough, beat Nebraska and killed South Dakota State. This will not be a pushover. Unlike Minnesota, they are will coached. Minnesota probably has the better talent, Iowa State better coaching. What team will want to win the most?

south dakota state? wrong. they played ndsu.

south dakota state? wrong. they played ndsu.

They did play SDSU last year though. :)

Rhoads has the Clones playing good, solid football. They don't make a lot of mistakes, play good defense, but have been a little inconsistent. They key is stopping Robinson and if the Gophs can get out of their offensive funk, I think they win a close one in Tempe this year.

They also scored 9 points vs Nebraska after 8 (not a misprint) Nebraska turnovers despite not a single turnover of their own.

They also scored 9 points vs Nebraska after 8 (not a misprint) Nebraska turnovers despite not a single turnover of their own.

they also played without their starting QB, without the best player on the team Robinson. A freshman made his first career start as did a freshman running back.

What a great day for Minnesota football. Gophers get the shaft, Favre's magic gone, E.J. Henderson just broke his leg.

Iowa St. never played SDSU, they beat NDSU by 17 (NDSU was a lot worse than SDSU this season).

a bowl game with Iowa State on a network that most people don't even get? was this the kind of "success" we were looking for this year?

Iowa St. never played SDSU, they beat NDSU by 17 (NDSU was a lot worse than SDSU this season).

The Cyclones played SDSU last year, in year two of the Chizik-experiment. Chizik went 2-10 last year, with one of the victories being a 44-17 win over the Jackrabbits. This years team is much improved, but comparing scores in meaningless.

Top Bottom