GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
This just in from the folks at Goldy's Locker Room:

New Goldy’s Locker Room Store at TCF Bank Stadium to Officially Open

10 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 20

WHAT:

Gold Country, Inc., the official licensed retailer for University of Minnesota Gopher sports products, will officially open its new Goldy’s Locker Room store at TCF Bank Stadium.

To celebrate the opening, prominent University of Minnesota leaders will line up to purchase their maroon and gold sports apparel and accessories for the Gopher’s home opener on Sept. 12.

At 6,000 square feet, the two-level, glass-fronted store is more than twice the size of the other Goldy’s Locker Room stores and will carry the largest selection of Gopher sports products in the world.

WHEN:

Thursday, Aug. 20, 2009, 10 a.m.

WHERE:

Goldy’s Locker Room at TCF Bank Stadium, located at the main entrance to the stadium, at the corner of University Avenue and Oak Street, Minneapolis.

Great! More room for fake hockey jerseys, shot glasses, and empty racks where a decent (or should I say expected) selection of gopher football jerseys will NOT be located.
How about some DVD's other than the 2 Gopher hockey championships? Are there not a few games in the 100+ years of playing football that they can package together? How bout a nice tailgating section? Canopies? Nope, but Target does.

But on the bright side its a great location and a great addition to the stadium. A one stop shop. I'll still do my xmas shopping there and now will be able to make a swing into the Hall of Fame while doing it.

They do have tailgating materials. They have the ball toss game, with a different name then was discussed in the previous thread. I think they referred to it as tailgate golf or something. The second level wasn't open yesterday. There were quite a few unique items that I haven't seen before including a fair amount of inaugural TCF season materials.

They won't have heavy jackets in stock until mid October. I didn't see any high quality rain gear materials but they had some rain ponchos, and not nearly enough gear with solid gold. It's a good store and hopefully they'll listen to any requests.

Top Bottom