***INDIANA POST-GAME THOUGHTS THREAD***

thailleagle

Reaction score
whew.png

Deep Breathes. So glad I gots me some Obamacare...I think I had a mild heart attack there at the end!

this game was about as crazy as the IU-Minny basketball game in the big ten tourney with Hoffbarber

For one reason I was staying positive the whole way in this one, even though I've seen so many painful losses at Indiana over the years. This is a very good defense. That's what gives me more confidence than in years past.

The Gophers have come up with some clutch plays, that they didn't used to make.

We are witnessing the makings of a new era in Gopher football!

Indiana has just assumed the same conference role the Glen Mason Gophers had so frustratingly held onto for years:

High-powered offense
Terrible defense.
Terrible luck.

Congratulations, Indiana.

Here is a postgame thought that you can all relate to... that game just took years off my life.

Here is a postgame thought that you can all relate to... that game just took years off my life.

I've died many a time following the Gophers. It's reincarnating as an adult that makes all my moms mad!

That was unreal. I was watching it on BTN2G0 app which was about 45 seconds lagging. I had ESPN gamecast open which was about 15 seconds behind... I actually saw the final result because of some guys Tweet in the right column "feed". Talk about anxiety trying to piece together what the F was going on...

Still can't believe IU was passing at the end. Gp for the FG and like your chances in OT. Thanks IU and another great heads up play from Hill.

My only thoughts are these: 7-2 and 3-2.....:clap::clap::clap::drink:

Indiana has just assumed the same conference role the Glen Mason Gophers had so frustratingly held onto for years:

High-powered offense
Terrible defense.
Terrible luck.

Congratulations, Indiana.

I don't like using the phrase "luck" to describe that play. Two players could reach that football. One of them exhibited the situational awareness to recognize that it was live and one of them didn't. To me, luck would be if the ball kicked off of a loose sprinkler head and jumped into the Gophers' hands. If I am an Indiana fan, I am not complaining about bad luck, I'm complaining about a boneheaded play. Go Gophs, keep it rolling.

First off has anyone taken a roll call on the older members of our fan base that post here to make sure they are all still with us?

What a crazy game. For 3 quarters it was looking like a great convincing road win, shutting down a high powered offense on the road and then in the blink of an eye we go from victory to potential defeat back to victory down to almost guaranteed overtime or defeat and finally ending up with celebration after the Indiana RB just gives up on what was clearly a backwards pass and lets us recover.

Not sure how this game would have turned out if Indiana had gone to Sudfeld sooner but yet another crazy visit to Indiana...at least this time we came away with the win. Wonder if Rackley had any flashbacks to his playing days because I am sure he was part of at least one game at that place that has been a house of horrors for the U over the years.

Great win for the team and there is now a very real possibility that this team finishes .500 in the conference which would be a massive step forward in year 3. Still trying to process what happened there in the 4th quarter but that was a he!! of a game.
'

Still can't believe IU was passing at the end. Gp for the FG and like your chances in OT. Thanks IU and another great heads up play from Hill.

If they kick the XP after their fourth straight TD, they're only down two on that final drive and can settle for a short FG to win. I'm still surprised they went for two because they were already up by 4 after the TD. There's no difference between a 5 and 6 point lead with 5 minutes remaining.

This game felt very similar to Michigan 2003 in the fourth quarter, including the Gophers scoring late and me yelling that they scored too quickly (as if there could ever be such a thing). Great win!

Why are people under the illusion that Indiana was not going to score a TD on that last drive? OT? Our defense (at least our line) was cooked! But miracles happen. And smart plays by seniors.

I was the only Gopher fan at a bar in Pittsburgh. I made lots of noise. It was quite the scene.

Also: I feel like I saw the offense make more mistakes today than I'd seen them make all season. It was awesome to see them overcome that and win.

This game felt very similar to Michigan 2003 in the fourth quarter, including the Gophers scoring late and me yelling that they scored too quickly (as if there could ever be such a thing). Great win!

Actually I had more of a Texas Tech 2006 vibe in this one because our defense was doing something by all accounts it should not have been able to against a great offense and then all of the sudden things went haywire in a hurry and the end was insane.

Of course the good news unlike 2003 and 2006 the right team ended up with the W at the end of the day :)

We definitely got lucky. We played an amazing first 36:24 minutes of football, and struggled from there on. We made a clutch drive to take the lead in the 4th, but our D was definitely cooked and helpless. However, we've taken enough kicks to the groin, from helmet schools down to similar programs like NW and IU, over the past decade (and, well, beyond). It's nice to finally get a little lucky on a bounce and have a senior make a heads up play. Could not be more excited for PSU next Saturday.

Could we have possibly broken the Mason Choke curse???

Seriously could the BTN highlight show have talked about us any less?

I don't like using the phrase "luck" to describe that play. Two players could reach that football. One of them exhibited the situational awareness to recognize that it was live and one of them didn't. To me, luck would be if the ball kicked off of a loose sprinkler head and jumped into the Gophers' hands. If I am an Indiana fan, I am not complaining about bad luck, I'm complaining about a boneheaded play. Go Gophs, keep it rolling.

Ok.. how about "completely shocking, unexpected endings" that have for decades not gone our way?

Let's be honest here.

We didn't pull this one out ourselves.

We were gifted a win.

I'll take it.

Top Bottom