Impressions, and a few suggestions.

Reaction score
Overall, the stadium was great. I loved just about everything. The view was good from the second to the last row of the upper deck near the 40 yard line. It was great seeing jets and the helicopter fly over during the scrimmage. They do have some things to work on though.
1. The music during pregame warm-ups was too loud over the loudspeakers, especially the Minnesota rap. It was too loud to talk to the people next to you.
2. They need actual cash registers, not people adding stuff up in their head or with calculators. They messed up the price on our food order. I assume this will be fixed.
3. Walleye Fingers and Fries are an instant favorite for $6.25. More than enough to fill you up, and tasty. They could use tartar sauce packets though.
4. It would be nice to have a bathroom or two up on the top of the second level along the walkway. As someone else suggested, it will cut down on the traffic in the concourse. And I will believe the concourses are wide enough for 50,000 when I see it. The dome has essentially 30,000 per level with two concourses. While these are twice as wide (probably more like 3 times as wide) there is only one concourse for the two levels. That will make them crowded at times.
These suggestions are all minor, and don't take away from anything that is great about the stadium. If they don't change a thing, it's still great. And yes, I know it will never be perfect, but we can always dream!
P.S. One of the best parts was driving in toward the stadium off I-35 and seeing the college students out in the lawns getting ready for the game. Wow, actually a campus feeling to a college football game. That alone was worth the trip!

I have a concern that their are too many people who want to use the elevators. This causes a backup waiting for the elevators and traffic flow problems with people trying to cut threw rows of fans to reach the elevator. I don't know the solution. Maybe people will get tired of waiting and sneaking through full rows of people that access will ease up. I agree with idea of having a few bathrooms on the upper level.

Elevators, music too loud, what are the demographics for gopherfootball.....75?:D

The one thing I noticed was there are no section and row signs inside the stadium, this is an issue because friends and family entering the stadium from the will call area come directly into the stadium and have no idea what the sections and rows are. The section and row signs are up on the concourse level.

Overall, the stadium was great. I loved just about everything. The view was good from the second to the last row of the upper deck near the 40 yard line. It was great seeing jets and the helicopter fly over during the scrimmage. They do have some things to work on though.
1. The music during pregame warm-ups was too loud over the loudspeakers, especially the Minnesota rap. It was too loud to talk to the people next to you.
2. They need actual cash registers, not people adding stuff up in their head or with calculators. They messed up the price on our food order. I assume this will be fixed.
3. Walleye Fingers and Fries are an instant favorite for $6.25. More than enough to fill you up, and tasty. They could use tartar sauce packets though.
4. It would be nice to have a bathroom or two up on the top of the second level along the walkway. As someone else suggested, it will cut down on the traffic in the concourse. And I will believe the concourses are wide enough for 50,000 when I see it. The dome has essentially 30,000 per level with two concourses. While these are twice as wide (probably more like 3 times as wide) there is only one concourse for the two levels. That will make them crowded at times.
These suggestions are all minor, and don't take away from anything that is great about the stadium. If they don't change a thing, it's still great. And yes, I know it will never be perfect, but we can always dream!
P.S. One of the best parts was driving in toward the stadium off I-35 and seeing the college students out in the lawns getting ready for the game. Wow, actually a campus feeling to a college football game. That alone was worth the trip!

Good points. You are especially right on for #2. It was a tad annoying with nobody behind me in line, but during a full house game the head scratching and card review will potentially be a big pain.

Regarding #4... issues like this are a bigger deal simply because there is only one "real" concourse. For patrons seated higher in the second deck, they have a lot of steps to travel before they even emerge from the tunnel (compared to two concourses stacked on top of one another at the dome). At the metrodome, people only have to travel up and down the stairs to the second deck one per game. At TCF, every trip to the bathroom or concessions requires those steps to the tunnel. With this in mind, it is very natural for people seated higher in the second deck to want to use an elevator or get some additional use out of the outdoor concourse. There is soooooo much room up there, I think at the VERY LEAST they should have some tubs filled with ice with beverages or other kiosk style vending. I can't imagine that NOT being a good business decision. I realize there won't be full concession stands but the kiosk style tubs seem like a no-brainer.

And, speaking of those elevators... is there some sort of "handicap only" rule? I ask this because my wife, kids, and I thought we'd take a moment when there happened to be no line to take one to the top of the stadium. A very authority-driven "Mr. Important" stadium employee just about bit our heads off stating the elevators were for "handicap only".

No, we took the elevator in two different locations and so did many others. They did not say for handicap only, and they are not. In fact, I think the only handicapped seating is on the main level, so there isn't a need to go to the top level for those in wheelchairs.

The need for restrooms will be even greater next year when Iowa fans come to.... to.... meet new friends.

No, we took the elevator in two different locations and so did many others. They did not say for handicap only, and they are not. In fact, I think the only handicapped seating is on the main level, so there isn't a need to go to the top level for those in wheelchairs.

Incorrect, their is handicap seating along the top of the upper level as well.

No, we took the elevator in two different locations and so did many others. They did not say for handicap only, and they are not. In fact, I think the only handicapped seating is on the main level

there is, in fact, loads of handicap seating up there.

so there isn't a need to go to the top level for those in wheelchairs

and what's wrong with just enjoying the view?

Top Bottom