Important Maturi must be contacted

AhliBobwa

Reaction score
[email protected]

Use this e-mail. Tell Joel Maturi Minnesota has better rivalry games than any other football team, and that he needs to ensure that we play Michigan, Iowa, and Wisconsin every year (and yes I know that we haven't played Michigan every single year including last year and this year). We have the greatest trophy games in football, and they must be preserved

Tell him that by preserving the Michigan game, we can keep out of the same division as Ohio State. PLEASE, stress to Maturi that it is imperative that we stay out of Ohio State's division.

Remember, the Gophers have done well against Penn State, beat Michigan before they started the maize and blue downward spiral, it is only Ohio State and the loss of rivalry games that stands in the path of greatness.

Remember, with our rivalries intact and without Ohio State the Gophers will have a great shot to play for the Big Ten title most years. With the Buckeyes in the same division our chances go from very good to absolutely awful.

Write Maturi, early and often! :clap:

Should we let him know we'd like to forfeit the Ohio State game this year as well?

I care specifically about playing the 4 teams we have been talking about for weeks on end. IA, Wiscy, Mich, and NE. Posting about not being in a division with OSU is a distraction to the true interest of our fans. Preserving games that have been played since the early part of last centry.

[email protected]

Use this e-mail. Tell Joel Maturi Minnesota has better rivalry games than any other football team, and that he needs to ensure that we play Michigan, Iowa, and Wisconsin every year (and yes I know that we haven't played Michigan every single year including last year and this year). We have the greatest trophy games in football, and they must be preserved

Tell him that by preserving the Michigan game, we can keep out of the same division as Ohio State. PLEASE, stress to Maturi that it is imperative that we stay out of Ohio State's division.

Remember, the Gophers have done well against Penn State, beat Michigan before they started the maize and blue downward spiral, it is only Ohio State and the loss of rivalry games that stands in the path of greatness.

Remember, with our rivalries intact and without Ohio State the Gophers will have a great shot to play for the Big Ten title most years. With the Buckeyes in the same division our chances go from very good to absolutely awful.

Write Maturi, early and often! :clap:

wow...drink the koolaid some more. Best Rivalry's in football,you are kidding right?

Just to name a few...
Tennesee vs. Florida
FSU Vs. Miami
OSU vs. Michigan
Alabama vs. Auburn
USC vs. Notre Dame
Texas vs. Oklahama
Florida vs. Georgia
LSU vs. Arkansas
South Carolina vs. Clemson

I can keep going....

I care specifically about playing the 4 teams we have been talking about for weeks on end. IA, Wiscy, Mich, and NE. Posting about not being in a division with OSU is a distraction to the true interest of our fans. Preserving games that have been played since the early part of last centry.

I think you misunderstood the intention of my post. It's probably my fault for not being clearer.

I believe the Big Ten has already decided to split up Michigan and Ohio State. Because of this arguing for Michigan is good, but arguing against Ohio State achieves the same goal. Staying out of Ohio State's division will preserve the Lil' Brown Jug game.

Sorry for the confusion.

Why would you send him an email?

He'll copy and paste his canned response, and nobody that is making any of these choices is named Joel Maturi.

wow...drink the koolaid some more. Best Rivalry's in football,you are kidding right?

Just to name a few...
Tennesee vs. Florida
FSU Vs. Miami
OSU vs. Michigan
Alabama vs. Auburn
USC vs. Notre Dame
Texas vs. Oklahama
Florida vs. Georgia
LSU vs. Arkansas

I can keep going....

Your reading comprehension is not great. He said best trophy games. The U literally invented the trophy game in college football and our 3 are the best.

Why would you send him an email?

He'll copy and paste his canned response, and nobody that is making any of these choices is named Joel Maturi.

It would be interesting to see a sampling of the response. He has stated several times that he will personally answer all his e-mails, as long as they're not written like you're trying to ghost write for Reusse.

Your reading comprehension is not great. He said best trophy games. The U literally invented the trophy game in college football and our 3 are the best.

My reading comprehension is quite clear: "Tell Joel Maturi Minnesota has better rivalry games than any other football team"

Nice try.

We have the greatest trophy games in football, and they must be preserved

Just to name a few...
Tennesee vs. Florida
FSU Vs. Miami
OSU vs. Michigan
Alabama vs. Auburn
USC vs. Notre Dame
Texas vs. Oklahama
Florida vs. Georgia
LSU vs. Arkansas

I can keep going....

My reading comprehension is quite clear: "Tell Joel Maturi Minnesota has better rivalry games than any other football team"

Best and better aren't the same. Greatest and Best are much closer. We have the greatest trophy games, bar none.

FYI,

I just got this email.

Interactive fan conference call with Gopher Athletic Director Joel Maturi
Monday, August 30 @ 12 noon

We encourage you to take part in this live conference call where you will be able to offer your questions and hear Joel Maturi talk about the upcoming season and the future of Gopher Sports.
JOINING THE LIVE CONFERENCE CALL IS EASY:
On Monday, August 30, shortly before 12 noon central time, you will receive a call at the telephone number listed as your work number on your Gopher account and you will be directly connected to the live conference call. The call will end at approximately 1pm.
If you miss the call or are not at that number, you can dial 1-877-229-8493 and enter pin xxxxx to join the live conference call.
If you have questions about this conference call, please contact Gopher Fan Relations at 1-612-624-8080.
We hope you can join us on Monday!

Best and better aren't the same. Greatest and Best are much closer. We have the greatest trophy games, bar none.

You are telling me that the Texas vs. Oklahoma is not a "greater trophy game" than what Minnesota has? You are kidding right?

You are telling me that the Texas vs. Oklahoma is not a "greater trophy game" than what Minnesota has? You are kidding right?

That is one rivalry game. We have 3 huge ones. Games that have a ton of tradition

Ahli thanks for posting his email address. Polite but clear and firm about my thoughts.

That is one rivalry game. We have 3 huge ones. Games that have a ton of tradition

Tradition? Yeah they have been around a while but so have the other rivalries mentioned in the post. What differentiates the majority of those rivalries vs what the gophers have is A) Historical program Success B) Popularity of the college football programs within those communities.

If you have not experienced SEC football first hand, point B* will be a bit hard for "Gopher Holers"to understand.

If the AD doesn't think his school's rivalry games are the greatest and most important of all, then he needs to find another job. I'm not very interested in any other school's rivalries.

in your little own world this game be the most "important" rivalry game. However, the national tv ratings/ media attention beg to differ.

Wrong.

Why do you think ESPN puts these games on national television so regularly? Are they pandering to his "little own world"?

Wrong.

Why do you think ESPN puts these games on national television so regularly? Are they pandering to his "little own world"?

So, are you saying that the TV ratings are the same for a Wisconsin vs. Gophers game as they are for a Oklahoma vs. Texas game? While the games may appeal to more of a mass audience than a "regular game", these games don't pale in comparison to a Oklahoma vs. Texas game or a USC vs. Notre Dame game. This is not even debatable.

Additionally, when was the last time the gophers played a rivalry on prime time ABC? I am talking about the 7PM nationally televised games. It has not happened in a while has it?

Ummm... what trophy do Texas and Oklahoma play for? how long have they played for that trophy? who has ever heard of the rtophy in question?

Below are al time records. Putting us with WI, OSU, PSU, IN, PUR would match us with 4 of the 5 current B10 teams we've played LEAST. It would also take us out of the division of Nebraska, the current B10 team they have played MOST.

Team W L T Total
WI 57 52 8 117
IA 58 42 2 102
MI 24 70 3 97
NW 50 30 5 85
IN 37 26 3 66
PUR 33 30 3 66
IL 32 28 3 63
NE 29 20 2 51
OSU 7 42 49
MSU 17 25 42
PSU 4 7 11

Ummm... what trophy do Texas and Oklahoma play for? how long have they played for that trophy? who has ever heard of the rtophy in question?

They play for the Golden Hat, I would think it's quite known. Couldn't tell you how long they've played for it.

So, are you saying that the TV ratings are the same for a Wisconsin vs. Gophers game as they are for a Oklahoma vs. Texas game? While the games may appeal to more of a mass audience than a "regular game", these games don't pale in comparison to a Oklahoma vs. Texas game or a USC vs. Notre Dame game. This is not even debatable.

Additionally, when was the last time the gophers played a rivalry on prime time ABC? I am talking about the 7PM nationally televised games. It has not happened in a while has it?

You know for a self-confessed big "Gophers Fan" your posts are always involve taking shots, only at people who seem like actual fans, much like anything on KFAN. And please no "i'M A REALIST" bull. Sometimes you're right, as in this instance, but that seems almost beside the point. Your only point seems to be trying to aggravate, correcting someone only appears to be a bonus for you.

Wouldn't the Stib site be a better place to show off those abilities? More readers and despite the demo here probably far more "old men". Except for wanting to show your name-calling ability and be thought of as a Pantherhawk wanna be why here and why now?? Even when Loon came back ALL his points aren't "why'd we get rid of Mason" or "Maturi's only about money".

Why are you here?

Top Bottom