Illinois @ Minnesota Game Thread

22-16 half time score?!?! wow. We seem to play some of the fastest first halves in college b-ball

whens the last time we've held a team to 16 pts at half? 1910? lol

Well, not a lot of offense either way. This is going to be a gut-it-out kind of game it appears. It'll be interesting to see what the second half brings.

It wasn't always pretty, but I will take another half just like that one.

When did we turn into the Dick Bennett-era Badgers?

Man that is some ugly basketball.

It seemed like we squandered a lot of opportunities. Defense looks great! I swear everytime we on offense it seems like there's a lid. I think we'll take the lead!

Hard to tell right now whether the cold shooting is because of bad offense or just really good defense. I think both sides are having to work so hard for offense, that's it's leading to some ugly attempts towards the rim.

Hard to imagine the second half being as offensively challenged regardless.

Big lead?

Does a 22-16 lead equate to a 55-40 lead?? I mean we've scored ~37% more points than they have! I'd be thrilled with a 15 point lead.

We lucked out this half (got numerous breaks from the refs), but next half Illinoise will come out prepared. Mark my words.

We lucked out this half (got numerous breaks from the refs), but next half Illinoise will come out prepared. Mark my words.

So sayeth the person who wants Tubby fired...:rolleyes:

Great, now that Jshow has graced us with his posting on this thread it will soon get locked like all the others.

Most meaningless stat of the game:
Gophers are 14-3 when Westbrook scores in double figures.

So... we're 3-0 when he doesn't?

Agree Quick,

Sports are FULL of meaningless stats. I think baseball has more ridiculously irrevelant stats than any other, although that's a close call....:p

Iverson plays better has he gets tired. He rushed too much at the beginning of the game.

Iverson plays better has he gets tired. He rushed too much at the beginning of the game.

yeah, you could tell on those first two free throws in the first half that he was hurrying things a bit. Just needs to take a few deep breaths and he's fine. Not all that uncommon for a freshman to be a little too jacked up for a big conference game in the beginning.

These kids are growing up before our eyes.

Keep it slow

The last thing the Gophers want, I think, is for the pace of this game to pick up. It's one of the only ways Illinois will be able to put up enough points to come back.

Then again, I think Illinois is getting tired and frustrated already. LOVE the depth, it has to favor the Rodents down the stretch, playing at home.

This second unit

Second unit has to at least come close to keeping the margin the same. This is where Illinois could look to make their run. If they can withstand any type of spurt from Illinois with most of the starters getting a rest, they'll be in great shape!

Top Bottom