If you want Claeys gone, email Coyle and let him know.

GO4INLALALAND

Reaction score
I was willing to wait until the end of the season to make a decision on whether to fire Claeys. Based on today's performance, along with our performance against non-cellar dwellers, I will be sending an email to Coyle asking that he terminate Claeys. I like Claeys and his staff, but with a new qb coming in, it is time to make a change.

This staff has not developed a qb nor a receiver. Let's pay that $1.5 million plus to someone else. TCF will be a ghost town next year if Claeys is here.

Claeys and co will be fine. They are good position coaches and will find landing spots elsewhere. Regardless, it is not about how Claeys feels, it is about the U. If we want to prevent this program from going back to the 90's, fire Claeys. I implore you.

Claeys is a very good football mind, just not a head coach in my opinion. You're right, he will land on his feet

Claeys and most of this staff will be coaching with Jerry Kill at Kansas State next year. Coyle better have had his mindset made before the season was even close to being over. Zero wins against all team rivals, struggling against bad football teams like Oregeon State and the debacle that was the Rutgers game. This is a Big 10 football and we do not have a Big 10 offensive line or a Big 10 level QB that has been developed in six years.
This program is not going in the right direction, and has an uninspiring leader that says "Know what I am saying" and cliches all the time. The guy can coach but he has the personality of a piece of not buttered toast.
If AD Coyle needs to hear from a bunch of fans to make the decision to extend or fire Claeys then we have a problem with the man in charge of the AD. The evidence of the change needed was the empty seats and the overall lack of excitement for the program all year. People care about the Gophers, they are just fed up with the same status year after year. I don't want to take a chance on the Mac level coach again, there has to be a head coach not happy with where he is coaching at from a Power five conference we can get. The University is investing in the athletics complex, and we have a fairly new campus stadium so our facility's are not the worst anymore.

I want Bret Beilema and I hope Arkansas is stupid enough to fire him. He is a winner, knows how to beat Iowa and Wisconsin, and even if he can be a butt-hole the guy wins football games. Bret Bielema would take the Gophers and bring in one heck of a coaching staff. Count me in for hiring Brett Bielema. Minnesota can and will do better then Claeys. The Gophers can and will do better, I am excited to see who the new coach will be.

I want Bret Beilema and I hope Arkansas is stupid enough to fire him. He is a winner, knows how to beat Iowa and Wisconsin, and even if he can be a butt-hole the guy wins football games. Bret Bielema would take the Gophers and bring in one heck of a coaching staff. Count me in for hiring Brett Bielema. Minnesota can and will do better then Claeys. The Gophers can and will do better, I am excited to see who the new coach will be.

Now that would be a complete game changer in the big 10. I like how you think.

I was willing to wait until the end of the season to make a decision on whether to fire Claeys. Based on today's performance, along with our performance against non-cellar dwellers, I will be sending an email to Coyle asking that he terminate Claeys. I like Claeys and his staff, but with a new qb coming in, it is time to make a change.

This staff has not developed a qb nor a receiver. Let's pay that $1.5 million plus to someone else. TCF will be a ghost town next year if Claeys is here.

Claeys and co will be fine. They are good position coaches and will find landing spots elsewhere. Regardless, it is not about how Claeys feels, it is about the U. If we want to prevent this program from going back to the 90's, fire Claeys. I implore you.

If you're emailing him, send him some $ as well. You're not getting a huge upgrade if you're paying the next guy 1.5 million.

If you're emailing him, send him some $ as well. You're not getting a huge upgrade if you're paying the next guy 1.5 million.

No, my man. Let's put the $1.5 million that we are scheduled to pay Claeys next year towards the base salary of the next coach. Otherwise, to me, it is like throwing $1.5 million into this, soon to be, dumpster fire.

I hate GopherHole on days the Gophers lose.

I suspect fire coach e-mail on game day goes straight in the trash can.

Get back on your meds immediately. Our boys have won 8 games, and can still win a ninth - Claeys did that. And we owe him more than one season.

Such a fine line here. Claeys wins and he probably gets an extension. Now he is waiting for the second shoe to drop

I have lost faith in this coaching staff - at least on offense. I don't trust their judgement, or their ability to recruit and coach QB's and WR's. I'm at the point now where I would rather roll the dice on a new coach, than face the prospect of another season of RUTM. The play-calling this season was putrid.

I have lost faith in this coaching staff - at least on offense. I don't trust their judgement, or their ability to recruit and coach QB's and WR's. I'm at the point now where I would rather roll the dice on a new coach, than face the prospect of another season of RUTM. The play-calling this season was putrid.

They can't have lost it, because they never had it in the first place. You are free to continue to pretend otherwise.

Clayes isn't getting fired. It's wishful thinking. It would be nice to fire him with some of the names that will be available but it's just not going to happen

Somebody share Coyle's email address. I want to send him an email in support of Claeys and staff, because I want to see them improve our win total again next year, like they did this year.

Beilema (sp?) is not the guy for our job. He's just not a Minnesotan...heart belongs to IA, if anything if memory serves. Don't like his character or his demeanor. Would rather keep Claeys than go that route, and I earnestly want to see Mark Coyle put his stamp on this program with a new head coach.

No, my man. Let's put the $1.5 million that we are scheduled to pay Claeys next year towards the base salary of the next coach. Otherwise, to me, it is like throwing $1.5 million into this, soon to be, dumpster fire.

Classic. Someone suggests you send money to pay for your favorite next coach and you rationalize a cheapskate approach. Bet you are one of the many who bitch about the scholarship seat donations and have never written a check to support the new buildings or athletics in general.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I sent an email last night sharing thoughts about concerns of the program being sustainable under Claeys.

Coyle responded this afternoon thanking me for being a loyal fan and sharing my honest thoughts.

He said his everyday focus is to compete at the highest level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Minnesota front seven are a great group who is getting better. Claeys is the architect of that. People who want him gone have forgotten what it was like to watch the skyline linebackers jump into the wrong hole and give up 70 yard runs up the gut under Brewster. There is continuity right now. Don't screw it up. Everyone thinks Claeys is Gutekunst. Holtz was here for a cup of coffee - this is totally different. Give him two more years!!

I just couldn't disagree with you more! While you are telling Coyle how to do his job, please ask for a reduction in season ticket prices and sold out stadium on game days. Please keep us posted on how Coyle responds as I am sure he won't make any final decisions without your consent. La La Land, that is perfect!

I just couldn't disagree with you more! While you are telling Coyle how to do his job, please ask for a reduction in season ticket prices and sold out stadium on game days. Please keep us posted on how Coyle responds as I am sure he won't make any final decisions without your consent. La La Land, that is perfect!

I don't have a problem with the season ticket prices. Take care of your own complaints. "Sold out stadium on game days." I don't even know what you are saying, and you think I'm in la la land.

Beilema (sp?) is not the guy for our job. He's just not a Minnesotan...heart belongs to IA, if anything if memory serves. Don't like his character or his demeanor. Would rather keep Claeys than go that route, and I earnestly want to see Mark Coyle put his stamp on this program with a new head coach.

I could not possibly care about character or demeanor if we have someone that wins. (I really wanted Mike Leach.) That said, anyone but Blart Bielema. Anyone. Hell, bring back Chili Hot Brewster or the corpse of Jim Wacker. Just not Blart. I've been a fan for over 30 years, and I would have a really hard time rooting for a team coached by that guy.

I could not possibly care about character or demeanor if we have someone that wins. (I really wanted Mike Leach.) That said, anyone but Blart Bielema. Anyone. Hell, bring back Chili Hot Brewster or the corpse of Jim Wacker. Just not Blart. I've been a fan for over 30 years, and I would have a really hard time rooting for a team coached by that guy.

That and he'd demand $3-$4 million. At Wisconsin he was getting paid $2.5 million or so.

Attachments

• top 25.jpg
    top 25.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 26- 50.jpg
    26- 50.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 13
  • 51-75.jpg
    51-75.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 10

I don't have a problem with the season ticket prices. Take care of your own complaints. "Sold out stadium on game days." I don't even know what you are saying, and you think I'm in la la land.

I have no complaints with Coyle, Claeys, ticket prices or the product on the field. This team and staff will get nothing but better and you on your high horse thinking you have any say in the matter is a joke! Again, let us all know when Coyles gets back to you and your final decision is made.

The Minnesota front seven are a great group who is getting better. Claeys is the architect of that. People who want him gone have forgotten what it was like to watch the skyline linebackers jump into the wrong hole and give up 70 yard runs up the gut under Brewster. There is continuity right now. Don't screw it up. Everyone thinks Claeys is Gutekunst. Holtz was here for a cup of coffee - this is totally different. Give him two more years!!

Why is Brewster your standard bearer???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is Brewster your standard bearer???

Because the last two times the Gophers fired a coach with a winning record (Stoll, Mason) they got a lot worse.

It's tough to think of any example of any team outside the historical top 25 firing a coach with a winning record for on the field performance and then getting better. There are probably some top 25 coaches who have been fired for going 6-5, that's about it.

Are there any?

Because the last two times the Gophers fired a coach with a winning record (Stoll, Mason) they got a lot worse.

It's tough to think of any example of any team outside the historical top 25 firing a coach with a winning record for on the field performance and then getting better. There are probably some top 25 coaches who have been fired for going 6-5, that's about it.

Are there any?

When you are looking for those examples, please also look up which of those coaches were handed the job with no head coaching experience because their boss stepped down in the middle of a season.

Are there any?

When you are looking for those examples, please also look up which of those coaches were handed the job with no head coaching experience because their boss stepped down in the middle of a season.

Are there any?

Tony Levine, for one example. There are many more. Were you serious with this post?

Tony Levine, for one example. There are many more. Were you serious with this post?

Umm Levine was fired with a winning record. Levine like Claeys had no HC experience. You kind of proved my point, so thanks?

"It's tough to think of any example of any team outside the historical top 25 firing a coach with a winning record for on the field performance and then getting better. There are probably some top 25 coaches who have been fired for going 6-5, that's about it."

Top Bottom