If you had to bet $500 on the Gophs record this year

gopherbadgerman

Reaction score
What would you say. Not with your heart, but your pocketbook?

I would go 6-6

I don't understand. I have to get the record right on or I lose all my money?

Heart: 13-0
Pocket Book Straight Up: 6-6

I would be very surprised if they don't go at least 5-7.

Any world that I'd have $500 to throw away is purely mythical anyway, so I'll go 13-0.

If you're asking me to bet my jar of change that I'm saving, I'd wager all $32.28 cents on 6-6.

What do I win if I get it right? If I have to get the exact record, I would want a better payout than just winning $500. But if I can be a game off either way, I would say 6-6. 5-7 or 7-5 wouldn't surprise me at all.

8-4, it's where we should be in year four, so I really won't consider an alternative.

Go Gophers!!

Going with my head, 5-7. I hope I'm wrong.

If Weber starts every game? 5-7
If Gray is starting during the non-con? 8-5
If Gray is starting during the Big Ten schedule? 6-6 or 6-7

$500? 6 wins.

$25? 7 wins.

A tougher schedule, but I'm convinced we will be better. But I'm not a gambler. $500 means different things to different people. The last time I bet on the Gopher football season (Brewster's second season), I won a burrito.

Depending on the QB

If Weber starts the majority of the time, 5-7. If Gray starts the majority of the time, 5-7. :D
Gray can have the capability of winning a game on his own. He can lose one on his own too.
I think our offensive line is the key. Based on what I saw last year, and it appears we can expect a lot more of the same, uff da.

7 - 5. I am being conservative because I am not sure Gray will be effectively infused. He and the Defense is the key to really surprizing success this year and the D, I am actually fairly confident about after seeing performances in the Spring.

$500? 6 wins.

$25? 7 wins.

A tougher schedule, but I'm convinced we will be better. But I'm not a gambler. $500 means different things to different people. The last time I bet on the Gopher football season (Brewster's second season), I won a burrito.

The important question is, was it a good burrito?

I think we will win anywhere between 4 and 8 games this year. Since I like to be a "glass half full" kind of guy, I'll go with 7.

@ Middle Tennessee State-W
South Dakota-W
USC-L (closer than people expect)
Northern Illinois-W
Northwestern-W
@ Wisconsin-L (10+ loss)
@Purdue-W (game-winning field goal)
Penn State-L (wrong side of game-winning field goal)
Ohio State-L (14+ loss)
@ Michigan State-L
@Illinois-W
Iowa-L (7 point loss)

6-6 (3-5)

Bowl game TBD for W/L

5-7, but I'll gladly gi ve up $500 for anthing better.

5-7, but I'll gladly gi ve up $500 for anthing better.

I should say 4-8, but I'm hoping we win one we shouldn't so I'll go with 5-7. I'm hoping I'm way wrong and we win those games we are small dogs in.

I'd bet $500 that we lose a heartbreaker to wisky, a terribly frustrating/embarrassing one to Iowa, and a blowout to OSU.

But somehow we get bowl eligible, and lose a frustrating/embarrassing/heartbreaking low-end bowl game.

But this time at least we can say that most of us were boycotting Arizona when we bring only 13 fans to Tempe.

Brewster will be excited. Maturi will not have a clue. The refs will cost us the game against Penn St.

I simply don't know how I came up with all that. It's not like we've seen this before......

Top Bottom