If we could get a player back from last year's roster...

Because it is a basketball message boards and there is a massive amount of time between games right now and people are bored and looking for something to talk about.
Well said! I was about to say the same thing.

Johnson, I think, fits the best by far. Be nice to have Freeman to provide some post help when needed. I think these guys would have gotten more out of him and he'd be getting some consistent minutes.
Ship sailed on Robbins.

In the heavy minority here, but I would take Jamal Mashburn in a heartbeat. Dynamic, talented player. Only a sophomore who played in a very unstructured system. I would be interested in seeing him in a more disciplined system. I was very surprised he followed Dick Pit to NM, but maybe that's because he likes it wide open? In any event, he is clearly very talented and a hard worker. Add some D and some discipline to his game and he could be a star.

Johnson ~ he's got grit determination inner drive and competes ~ following his stats for games

Johnson....without a doubt. Most versatile big and has ability to shoot

Johnson was not a very good shooter last year. He hit 8-9 three's against Iowa. Other than that, he was 6-46 on three's the rest of the sesaon. That said, he was a hustler and a rebounder. He would have been good on this year's roster.

Liam Robbins would have been the obvious choice if healthy. The current Gophers need size. Liam starting and Curry off the bench would make this team an even tougher defensive team.

Johnson was not a very good shooter last year. He hit 8-9 three's against Iowa. Other than that, he was 6-46 on three's the rest of the sesaon. That said, he was a hustler and a rebounder. He would have been good on this year's roster.

Liam Robbins would have been the obvious choice if healthy. The current Gophers need size. Liam starting and Curry off the bench would make this team an even tougher defensive team.
I do think Johnson would be my second pick after Robbins though. Both play a key role on the team that it is lacking (big man depth). Neither are guys that would throw of the vibes of the team at all IMO.

carr more upside, but could totally change the team.

In the heavy minority here, but I would take Jamal Mashburn in a heartbeat. Dynamic, talented player. Only a sophomore who played in a very unstructured system. I would be interested in seeing him in a more disciplined system. I was very surprised he followed Dick Pit to NM, but maybe that's because he likes it wide open? In any event, he is clearly very talented and a hard worker. Add some D and some discipline to his game and he could be a star.
Mashburn is not a bad pick at all. If this team was not so devoid of size he would be high on my list as well. With the current team makeup though size is at a premium which is why there are so many votes for Johnson and Robbins.

All things being equal though and just looking for the best player to have back then Mashburn makes a ton of sense.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would choose David Mutaf. I will die on this hill.

I don't think Carr would be a fit. Liam, Johnson, and Gabe only have 1 season remaining. I don't think Mash is a great fit.

Mutaf would have looked good in a wide open system. He is putting up pretty impressive numbers in Europe (in a decent minor league). I think he'll likely have a long career in Europe and would have been a good scorer in the Big 10.

Plus, he's the proverbial "door #2".

I'd love to have Brandon back, kid was a gamer. Doing decent this year for DePaul.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would choose David Mutaf. I will die on this hill.

I don't think Carr would be a fit. Liam, Johnson, and Gabe only have 1 season remaining. I don't think Mash is a great fit.

Mutaf would have looked good in a wide open system. He is putting up pretty impressive numbers in Europe (in a decent minor league). I think he'll likely have a long career in Europe and would have been a good scorer in the Big 10.

Lol

Just interesting, Kalsheur's numbers. Obviously he's helping a team that was far worse off in Ames than the one in Dinkytown. However, his 3 pt percentage is actually worse.

Percentage is not much less, but yikes.

I'm also a Mutaf fan - nice shooting stroke with quick release. He's currently leading his team in scoring at 18 points per game while shooting 37 percent from 3 point range (note that international 3 point line is farther from the basket than NCAA line). I'll never understand why Pitino never gave him a shot in light of the Gophers lack of 3 point shooting.

Top Bottom