If Tubby goes to Auburn (which he won't) who would you like to see as coach?

#1? Not a chance with Clemente being a senior this year.

Ya but who else are they losing. He is there only senior that contributes. Other than that the team isn't loaded with NBA talent. I don't think they have anyone leaving early.

Why wouldn't Flip take the job? He's from MN and a U alum. Plus, he's not making that much money compared to a lot of NBA coaches all though he would be making way more there than at the U. But here's the thing: His franchise player, Arenas, might not play another minute in the NBA again (if any of you read the black balled out ESPN article). Jamison is in Cleveland (I think, or is it Caron Butler that's in Cleveland), and the franchise is a wreck and he doesn't have much to build with, except a lot of money that the owner saved up for the 2010 free agent frenzy. Problem is, which free agent is gonna want to go to go to a organization with a horrible owner and a franchise that's in wreck and won't be a contender for atleast 8 years. See, I don't think Flip is really enjoying his time in Washington. I think he'd much rather be with his family in MN. McHale, an assitant for the WIzards, wouldn't be a bad hire either. I'm sure he would want to get out of the Wizards franchise too.

Ya but who else are they losing. He is there only senior that contributes. Other than that the team isn't loaded with NBA talent. I don't think they have anyone leaving early.

Pullen maybe, maybe not. Judge may/may not transfer.

Seniors are Clemente, Colon, Merrieweather.

K-St has sign three 3 star recruits for next year - C, F, and G.

Hi all...my first post...hey gotta admit straight up I'm a born and bred Indiana basketball fan..but have been a long time Tubby Smith follower (met him when I lived in Tulsa Ok and he was coach) and i have the dual bias of hating how he was treated @ KU, and being happy that he landed in Minn. ( I would have been happier had he landed in Bloomington In though..) . I was very conflicted while he was at my natural rival's venue but the way things turned out I am happy all around because I think Tom Crean is the right fit for IU and am just as happy that Tubby is the right fit for the Gophers... if he winds up at Auburn ...big mistake for Tubby....but I think ultimately that he HAS to know he is in his dream job now!...go Golden Gophers (except when they play IU)

Clark Kellogg...his knowledge of the game is unsurpassed. I learned more from listening to him call the Gopher games this past 10 days than I have my whole life.

Hi all...my first post...hey gotta admit straight up I'm a born and bred Indiana basketball fan..but have been a long time Tubby Smith follower (met him when I lived in Tulsa Ok and he was coach) and i have the dual bias of hating how he was treated @ KU, and being happy that he landed in Minn. ( I would have been happier had he landed in Bloomington In though..) . I was very conflicted while he was at my natural rival's venue but the way things turned out I am happy all around because I think Tom Crean is the right fit for IU and am just as happy that Tubby is the right fit for the Gophers... if he winds up at Auburn ...big mistake for Tubby....but I think ultimately that he HAS to know he is in his dream job now!...go Golden Gophers (except when they play IU)

Tubby never coached at Kansas (KU) so I doubt he was treated badly (or otherwise) at/by KU.

#1 on my list would be the Baylor coach.

Top Bottom