If the gophs beat Purdue, MSU, and Illinois

I believe the gophers will play Wisconsin for the west title.

Bucky will lose to OSU. Iowa with it's offense will lose one more. If these happen and we beat those three teams, we are playing Bucky for the west title.

Or am I wrong.
Cheers brother! I'm with ya. Really though, just plug the skunks.

There's no reasonable/likely way we can have a 3-way tie with Iowa and Wisc, right?

I think that would require us to beat Ohio St but lose to Wisc, with Wisc winning out except losing to Ohio St and Iowa losing to someone (eg Neb).

There's no reasonable/likely way we can have a 3-way tie with Iowa and Wisc, right?

I think that would require us to beat Ohio St but lose to Wisc, with Wisc winning out except losing to Ohio St and Iowa losing to someone (eg Neb).
There's also the much larger possibility of there being a three-way tie in the East if Penn State beats Michigan and Michigan beats Ohio State... Obviously I would rather we just win the West outright but a three way tie at the top of both divisions would be pretty much the funniest way for the B1G east and west format to go out.

Can Rutgers beat Iowa?
They're already bowl eligible, but haven't beaten anyone decent.
Not only can they, I definitely think they will. Like the post above says, all of Iowa's remaining games are likely to be close, low scoring, and ugly. I don't see them coming through it unscathed. Same could be said of Minnesota's games (outside OSU). Gonna be a fascinating and fitting finish to the West division.

I guess we can all dream on it, but I'm hoping for bowl-eligible and nothing really beyond that.

In a related question, outside of McCarthy, is the QB in the B1G this season just about the worst we've all seen? Some guys can have moments, but when I watch the games I'm just amazed at the collective mediocrity.

Iowas offense is so brutal, they could lose any of those 4. I don't like their odds of winning out.

Iowa almost always gets better as the season goes on. In a number of previous seasons, it looked like they were where they are now; not good, lost a game or two they shouldn't have, out of the West race, and they keep grinding down the stretch and are right there at the end.

Nebraska can’t win out either. They are 2-2. If our only loss the rest of the way is tOSU, we need Iowa, Nebraska, WI and NW to lose again.
Best scenario is that we win out, sans OSU, Nebraska loses to Maryland and beats Iowa and Wisconsin, OSU beats Wisconsin. Then...we are allowed to be demolished again by Michigan in Indy...which I would love BTW!!! Ski-U-Mah

Let’s take care of the Michigan State Season first please
The cool thing about being fans, and not players or coaches on the team, is that we can look ahead, speculate, analyze, criticize, and it doesn't make a single bit of difference in the outcomes on the field. I can right now assume that we'll win out, dream of making it to the Big Ten championship game and beating Michigan in a monumental, historical upset, and playing in a New Year's Six bowl game...and it literally has zero impact whatsoever on the outcome of the season.

Hope Taylor is okay, if him being taken out was anything more than a precautionary measure that leaves us devoid of our top 3 RBs. I doubt he’s out for more than that game at most based on the fact that he assumedly walked off the field fine and probably just told the coaching staff he was at his limit after already just having been back from injury, but this means we’ll need to have a 2021-type situation where the RBs farther in the depth chart rise up. Additionally, we need to see a pass game closer to what we saw in the second half and even then there is a lot of room for improvement. That said, this I’m happier with as in the second half we finally saw flashes of the Athan from the 2022 Wisconsin game again, and I’m optimistic that as he gets more comfortable in his role his consistency will improve as well. That said, I am worried for the pass game as well with some precipitation in the forecast for next Saturday.

Nebraska announced that they lost 2 starting OL's for the season this week. We need them healthy and to win some games.

Nebraska announced that they lost 2 starting OL's for the season this week. We need them healthy and to win some games.
Agree.
Need them to lose one more too though (assuming MN doesn’t beat OSU)

Top Bottom