If the gophs beat Purdue, MSU, and Illinois

kg21

Reaction score
I believe the gophers will play Wisconsin for the west title.

Bucky will lose to OSU. Iowa with it's offense will lose one more. If these happen and we beat those three teams, we are playing Bucky for the west title.

Or am I wrong.

Bucky will lose to OSU. Iowa with it's offense will lose one more. If these happen and we beat those three teams, we are playing Bucky for the west title.

Or am I wrong.
You're right. The only scary thing is just how easy Iowa's schedule is: NW; Rutgers; Illinois; Nebraska.

We might be begging for a Nebraska win again.

Or am I wrong.
Or we might beat Wisconsin instead of one of them or in addition. But if only we could get back the fourth quarter 31-10 lead in that one game...

Nebraska can’t win out either. They are 2-2. If our only loss the rest of the way is tOSU, we need Iowa, Nebraska, WI and NW to lose again.

NW loss will bite us square in the ass.

It's unbelievable.

For all that has gone "wrong" (or for some people, really bad) this season ........ really the only thing that has actually not gone to plan was losing to NW.

UNC could end up winning the ACC. Michigan could end up winning the Big Ten.

We probably weren't going to win those games.

Preseason, if you tell us that Gophers go 5-2 through first seven games, most would say "OK that sounds reasonably good, lost to UNC and Mich, got Floyd home, nice!"

Is Taylor hurt again? Notice the last couple drives that it was all Tyler. I assumed that mean Taylor was being held out.

Hope it was more precautionary than anything.

Evans looked bad. But hoping it's like a thigh bruise or something?

It's unbelievable.

For all that has gone "wrong" (or for some people, really bad) this season ........ really the only thing that has not gone to plan was losing to NW.

Preseason, if you tell us that Gophers go 5-2 through first seven games, most would say "OK that sounds reasonably good, lost to UNC and Mich, got Floyd home, nice!"
Only if Northwestern is tied head to head with us. If we’re 5-1 in the division and tied with multiple teams we will have tiebreaker.

It's unbelievable.

For all that has gone "wrong" (or for some people, really bad) this season ........ really the only thing that has actually not gone to plan was losing to NW.

NC just lost to a 1-5 team.

How many times must this be repeated? It's not only division games that win the division.

Iowa wins out means there's nothing we can do.

Well, unless we beat Ohio State ...

Oh wow, yikes.

Well, UNC could still win the ACC.

Only if Northwestern is tied head to head with us. If we’re 5-1 in the division and tied with multiple teams we will have tiebreaker.
I think what he's getting at is had we beaten NW, we could lose to OSU and one of the other 3, and still have a great shot of Wisconsin being for all the marbles.

I'm saying we have 2 conf losses, and very likely will have 3 conf losses when we lose to Ohio State.

Iowa wins out, very easily could happen, they only have 2 conf losses.

If we hadn't lost to NW, we would only have 2, then would have the tiebreaker over Iowa.

Wisc is not good. Should have lost to ILL.

Nebraska can’t win out either. They are 2-2. If our only loss the rest of the way is tOSU, we need Iowa, Nebraska, WI and NW to lose again.

Nebraska is not going to win out. NW has no shot of winning out. Wisconsin is going to lose to OSU next weekend. If the Gophers take care of Purdue, MSU, and Illinois....it could be us vs the Badgers for the West. That is if Iowa drops one more. And that's IF the Gophers get through unscathed outside of OSU......but just like with Iowa......can't assume anything with an offense this lousy.

AK has to get the nose of the ball up. That's the whole thing. I don't know how you teach that or un-teach what he's doing.

When he doesn't do that, he throws a really nice ball. He is perfectly capable of being a damn fine thrower.

Is Taylor hurt again? Notice the last couple drives that it was all Tyler. I assumed that mean Taylor was being held out.

Hope it was more precautionary than anything.

Evans looked bad. But hoping it's like a thigh bruise or something?
He was in a walking boot.

Man I’m still just hoping for a bowl game, that Iowa win put us back on track after things were looking bleak with the NW loss. Yes the NW game was the only unexpected result so far, but the team just hasn’t put everything together yet. It looks like every game left on the schedule will be a challenge.

I'm afraid none this speculation matters if both Taylor and Evans are hurt.
I’m afraid none of this matters even if they are healthy. Our offense, particularly the QB, is still pretty poor. And when Athan does make a good throw, DJ is about the only one who can hold on to the ball. Crooms and BSF can’t catch a thing.

The defense was better today, but how much of that is due to playing one of the absolute worst offenses in modern college football history?? No doubt that played a huge factor.

Not trying to poo-poo the win. I’ll damn sure take it, anyway I can get it. Lord knows we’ve lost plenty of others where we played much better. But I think to already start looking ahead at what if’s when this team lost to Northwestern is foolish. Let’s just see if we can beat Michigan State first, and hopefully improve in all facets of the game in the process.

Correct.

And if we do win the next three ...........

..... they should rest all starters against Ohio State. Not really joking that much. F playing teams that aren't even fair to play. Rest them for Wisc the following week.

I’m afraid none of this matters even if they are healthy. Our offense, particularly the QB, is still pretty poor. And when Athan does make a good throw, DJ is about the only one who can hold on to the ball. Crooms and BSF can’t catch a thing.

The defense was better today, but how much of that is due to playing one of the absolute worst offenses in modern college football history?? No doubt that played a huge factor.

Not trying to poo-poo the win. I’ll damn sure take it, anyway I can get it. Lord knows we’ve lost plenty of others where we played much better. But I think to already start looking ahead at what if’s when this team lost to Northwestern is foolish. Let’s just see if we can beat Michigan State first, and hopefully improve in all facets of the game in the process.

Crooms has had great hands until today. I think and hope it's an anomaly...first time playing in a game like MN @ IA.

Michigan State is beatable. Ohio State- no chance. Their defense is top notch. They beat Penn State today without their CB1, RB1, WR2 . Those guys will be back for the Gophers. Michigan is scary good also. Either team will annihilate the West winner.

It's unbelievable.

UNC lost to the worst Div 1 team this week. Really a horrid embarrassing loss.

Did Maye have both legs cut off, or something??

How does that happen?

They could still win the ACC, as I said.

AK has to get the nose of the ball up. That's the whole thing. I don't know how you teach that or un-teach what he's doing.

When he doesn't do that, he throws a really nice ball. He is perfectly capable of being a damn fine thrower.
I thought that the Jackson route on the sideline against Dejean was a good example of Athan's mechanics being off. He just needed to step and fire the ball but he was flatfooted and the ball arrived a foot in front of Jackson.
By the way Jackson is really good in my opinion. He was consistently open vs a really good corner today.

You're right. The only scary thing is just how easy Iowa's schedule is: NW; Rutgers; Illinois; Nebraska.

We might be begging for a Nebraska win again.

Rutgers could surprise. But yeah, @Nebraska might be it.

Did Maye have both legs cut off, or something??

How does that happen?

They could still win the ACC, as I said.
347 yards 2td 1int. Their defense ahh has some question marks.

Top Bottom