*IF* The Gophers win out, do they make the playoffs?

If the Gophers win out, do they make the playoffs?

• Total voters
WHEN THEY WIN OUT
giphy.gif

I voted no.

Mostly because I don't see a 9-3 team making it in this year unless all of their 3 losses are to teams also making it into the playoffs.

At the moment, I don't think any of our 3 losses are making it into the playoffs, so we won't either.

If we win out, best I see happening is: 1. Ending the season ranked between #20 and #25, and 2. Getting a good bowl selection.

Oregon and Ohio State are the class of the BIG this year. Indiana and Penn State are also having great years, but I foresee a couple losses in both of their futures. Nebraska and Illinois are on the outside looking in to that top tier. I would consider it an amazing year if our boys could get 7-8 wins before a bowl game, it’s amazing how a couple wins in a row can get me so optimistic.

Oregon and Ohio State are the class of the BIG this year. Indiana and Penn State are also having great years, but I foresee a couple losses in both of their futures. Nebraska and Illinois are on the outside looking in to that top tier. I would consider it an amazing year if our boys could get 7-8 wins before a bowl game, it’s amazing how a couple wins in a row can get me so optimistic.

Yeah, it helps to have a win at home against a good ranked blue blood in USC and a road win against a desperate UCLA team that's better than its record (Massey has them rated about the same as MSU, Northwestern, Maryland). It seems like the second half vs Michigan jump started the Gophs.

That UNC loss is looking bad after that team implodes (major injuries?).

Absolute joke that Michigan would still be considered if they lose to Illinois. Wisconsin is also toast if they lose to NW

I don't think they are because of their remaining schedule. Michigan still plays Oregon, Indiana, and Ohio St, who are all still in the conversation, with 2 being in the top 4.

Wisconsin still plays Oregon and Penn St, both in the top 3.

I don't think they are because of their remaining schedule. Michigan still plays Oregon, Indiana, and Ohio St, who are all still in the conversation, with 2 being in the top 4.

Wisconsin still plays Oregon and Penn St, both in the top 3.
3 losses is 3 losses with multiple mediocre to bad losses. Unless we’remaking arguments they could still win the conference, in which cases other teams could still be alive. Wisconsin the worse of the 2 given the loss to NW would be an absolute tanker coupled with one to an already 3 loss MN. By this metric, MN shouldn’t be eliminated yet with a bad loss a pair of top 25 losses (Iowa and Michigan). It’s more the eliminated thing and varying methodology. There are way too many permutations remaining to eliminate any P4 team with 2 or less conference losses as they all could still win their conference but it feels like they’re keeping more brand names alive rather than using a similar metric for all the teams

Top Bottom