If the Gophers lose at NW, I will __________.

Watch people bash tubby and jump off the bandwagon in mass numbers on gopherhole.com while I sit back and realize the BIG 10 season is long, its a toss up, and the chances of us winning out are slim to none. We just better make the tournament and get hot at the right time.

+1

It is horrible to have a coach that has no clue and he is also a horrible recruiter. It is nice that he has a name for himself and it is good that he is a nice guy, but it is too bad that it doesn't translate onto the court. He was completely out coached again. There isn't a player on Northwestern that athletically can player with any of our palyers, yet we loose again. Tubby and the staff were SHOOCKEd that Northwestern ran the 1-3-1 zone again for the 5th straight year. I was happy that they were able to get the ball in bounds on about 50% of the in bounds possesions tonght. What does this team do in practice all week? They are completely lost. They have no offense, no in bounds plays and they get lsot on defense late in the shoot clock. This is an all time low. We need to start over from scratch. Maybe Bo Ryan will alow us to keep some of our better Minnesota high school playes in the future so we can be a little more compettivie in the Big ten. It's great to pay all that money on pre Big Ten Season basketball against the also rans an the see us be completelt out coached in the Big Ten season. Lets extend Tubby's contact again and give him a raise!!!! I am truely embarrassed as a Gopher fan.

People are going to start thinking I'm a Tubby "apologist" which I am not. Everyone is frustrated with the game last night. Tubby deserves some of the blame. But it's crazy to me how in times like this, people will just throw things out there. Although he may not be great, he certainly is not a terrible recruiter. There are four players on the current roster that will probably get drafted in the next few years. There have been zero Gophers drafted in the past eight drafts and just two in the past 12 drafts.

People are going to start thinking I'm a Tubby "apologist" which I am not. Everyone is frustrated with the game last night. Tubby deserves some of the blame. But it's crazy to me how in times like this, people will just throw things out there. Although he may not be great, he certainly is not a terrible recruiter. There are four players on the current roster that will probably get drafted in the next few years. There have been zero Gophers drafted in the past eight drafts and just two in the past 12 drafts.

Would are the four players? It is no guarantee that TM or Rodney will be drafted. Depends on how many underclassmen come out. I assume you think Dre will be drafted? And who? Austin?

AnothEr way to say what you are saying is that Dan Monson had three players drafted in his 8 years and Tubby has had zero in his 5 years.

And what is it all you negative Nancies? Is Tubby a horrible recruiter, or do we have 4 future NBAers that he's not coaching up well enough?!

It can't be both, can it? Either he's a GOOD recruiter who's screwing up the good recruits with bad coaching, OR, he's a bad recruiter, that has somehow managed to get those poor recruits to look better than they otherwise would.

And btw, give me an example of a NON-cheating coach here at Minnesota and the incredible recruits he got to come to Minnesota, in the last 50 years, or shall we say, since 1965, when the race of recruits started not being an issue anymore.

Give me an example of a MN coach the last 50 years that had a losing record in the Big Ten and wasn't eventually fired.

And what is it all you negative Nancies? Is Tubby a horrible recruiter, or do we have 4 future NBAers that he's not coaching up well enough?!

It can't be both, can it? Either he's a GOOD recruiter who's screwing up the good recruits with bad coaching, OR, he's a bad recruiter, that has somehow managed to get those poor recruits to look better than they otherwise would.

And btw, give me an example of a NON-cheating coach here at Minnesota and the incredible recruits he got to come to Minnesota, in the last 50 years, or shall we say, since 1965, when the race of recruits started not being an issue anymore.

Are you the artist formerly known as Friend of Tubby?

Give me an example of a MN coach the last 50 years that had a losing record in the Big Ten and wasn't eventually fired.

Hmmm...this is so hard...

1. Bill Fitch - Left to become head coach in NBA.
2. Bill Musselman - Resigned to become head coach in ABA (all the crap came out years later)
3. Jim Dutcher - Resigned due to school cancelling games.

Top Bottom