If the Gophers lose at NW, I will __________.

I'll be pissed, and will be very close taking us out of top 4 consideration and move us in to 5th place in the Big Ten.

Dan Dakich has already taken Minn. off the top 4 in the BIG...FWIW

Turn off the tv, shake my head and say "way too many turnovers".

Shake my head and say, here we go again .. a great start to the season and now we will be scrambling the rest of the season to make the NCAA Tournament.

I will be very surprised if the Gophers lose, and I will think about 2 things to cheer me up. 1) Bucky lost to Iowa. 2) Sconny lost to Michigan State. 3) We don't need to see them at the top of the standings any more. I'm not good at math.

Ways we can lose? How about turning the ball over 20 times? How about NW limiting the possessions and shooting a high percentage on threes? How about the Gophers not getting 5 straight 3 pointers from Austin Hollins? I think you're a little naive about NW too.

When they played at Williams they had a couple of guys struggling with dehabilitating injuries. Both of those players have gotten back closer to 100%. Hearn and Swopshire were very good against the Hoosiers in the 2nd half. I think Gopher fans should expect a very difficult game.

I really hope CLEMhas devised a way to attack their zone defense...I think the key is dribble penetration to the paint...Dish and let Rodney or Trev soar for dunks and close in shots.

I won't be surprised to see this game decided by a bucket or two either way.

Well if Clem is planning the strategy to attack their zone, things could be a little slow tonight. :p

Anyway, you are right with the game plan.

This will be a very tough game. I don't see a win as a guarantee. Take care of the ball, list their three point shooters. Work the zone.

Even Tubby has gone on record as saying this is a MUST game. Rarely does a coach say that this early in the conference schedule. Our personnel is so much more talented than theirs that this is just a game you have to win if you are serious about having a really good year.

I will be very surprised if the Gophers lose, and I will think about 2 things to cheer me up. 1) Bucky lost to Iowa. 2) Sconny lost to Michigan State. 3) We don't need to see them at the top of the standings any more. I'm not good at math.

Glad my thread helped you finally break your posting cherry! :cool:

come directly to the Gopherhole and start posting about how we lost most of our road games in 89 and 90 and yet had a run to the Sweet 16 and a run to the Elite 8. HA!!

Hey Dr Don, if you don't like what I post, guess what, no one has a gun to your head making you read them, just scroll on. Or are you not capable of such restraint?

I will tell myself that I'm not going to come on here and read all the "Fire Tubby," "Bubble watch," "Can we make .500 in the Big Ten?" "Season's over," and "Bo Ryan is Jesus" threads, then probably do it anyway, and maybe call out some of the posters that I haven't seen for awhile since we've been winning.

Really hoped this thread would be gone and forgotten. That was soooo bad. I give up.

Watch people bash tubby and jump off the bandwagon in mass numbers on gopherhole.com while I sit back and realize the BIG 10 season is long, its a toss up, and the chances of us winning out are slim to none. We just better make the tournament and get hot at the right time.

Quote for truth

There is no conceivable way in my mind that the Gophers will lose this game, so I will celebrate after the victory...

I mean I saw the same NW team play earlier this month, they are ATROCIOUS.

You were saying????

One of the worst NU teams I've ever seen.

You were saying????

Well I certainly agree with him that N'Western is atrocious. What that makes us is yet to been seen. We played an absolutely brutal 70 or so of the 80 minutes we've played against them this year. Losing to the Indiana's, Duke's, and Michigan's don't frustrate me. Losing a game like this, with the best Gopher team we've had in 15 years, to a team without their best player is truly, truly disappointing. What does it take for a Gopher team to get over the "hump"?

There is no conceivable way in my mind that the Gophers will lose this game, so I will celebrate after the victory...

I mean I saw the same NW team play earlier this month, they are ATROCIOUS.

And the Gophers were worse.

I still agree with Jamiche - they are one of the worst NW teams I have ever seen. That's the problem.

Don't forget that NU didn't have two of their best players in Crawford and Cobb.

Go Gophers!!

It is horrible to have a coach that has no clue and he is also a horrible recruiter. It is nice that he has a name for himself and it is good that he is a nice guy, but it is too bad that it doesn't translate onto the court. He was completely out coached again. There isn't a player on Northwestern that athletically can player with any of our palyers, yet we loose again. Tubby and the staff were SHOOCKEd that Northwestern ran the 1-3-1 zone again for the 5th straight year. I was happy that they were able to get the ball in bounds on about 50% of the in bounds possesions tonght. What does this team do in practice all week? They are completely lost. They have no offense, no in bounds plays and they get lsot on defense late in the shoot clock. This is an all time low. We need to start over from scratch. Maybe Bo Ryan will alow us to keep some of our better Minnesota high school playes in the future so we can be a little more compettivie in the Big ten. It's great to pay all that money on pre Big Ten Season basketball against the also rans an the see us be completelt out coached in the Big Ten season. Lets extend Tubby's contact again and give him a raise!!!! I am truely embarrassed as a Gopher fan.

It is horrible to have a coach that has no clue and he is also a horrible recruiter. It is nice that he has a name for himself and it is good that he is a nice guy, but it is too bad that it doesn't translate onto the court. He was completely out coached again. There isn't a player on Northwestern that athletically can player with any of our palyers, yet we loose again. Tubby and the staff were SHOOCKEd that Northwestern ran the 1-3-1 zone again for the 5th straight year. I was happy that they were able to get the ball in bounds on about 50% of the in bounds possesions tonght. What does this team do in practice all week? They are completely lost. They have no offense, no in bounds plays and they get lsot on defense late in the shoot clock. This is an all time low. We need to start over from scratch. Maybe Bo Ryan will alow us to keep some of our better Minnesota high school playes in the future so we can be a little more compettivie in the Big ten. It's great to pay all that money on pre Big Ten Season basketball against the also rans an the see us be completelt out coached in the Big Ten season. Lets extend Tubby's contact again and give him a raise!!!! I am truely embarrassed as a Gopher fan.
Nice first two posts bro. Didn't we beat Northwestern 2 out of 3 times?

Top Bottom