If reports are true may Maturi have no other choice?

You might want to remember that the U has has had to wait until the end of the season to formally contact a lot of the new coaching propects.

But the search firm has not had to wait, and current coaches/agents can contact the U of M themselves to express interest whenever.

Season Not Over For All Teams

True but only day 3 since the season ended.

The season is not over for all the teams. There are games being played this weekend. I counted 19 games.Brackin's logic really flawed in my opinion. How did he know what the timetable was and why did he judge that it has passed, therefore, they have failed. I think some of the media are trying to push for their guy --- Marc Trestman. Examples are Mark Rosen, Sid Hartman, Charlie Walters, etc. After listening to Rosen a few minutes ago admit that he has been his guy for years, I can see why they always list him early as a " Leading Candidate" for the past openings.I have no respect for Rosen anymore.

The season is not over for all the teams. There are games being played this weekend. I counted 19 games.Brackin's logic really flawed in my opinion. How did he know what the timetable was and why did he judge that it has passed, therefore, they have failed. I think some of the media are trying to push for their guy --- Marc Trestman. Examples are Mark Rosen, Sid Hartman, Charlie Walters, etc. After listening to Rosen a few minutes ago admit that he has been his guy for years, I can see why they always list him early as a " Leading Candidate" for the past openings.I have no respect for Rosen anymore.

Rosen plugging Trestman makes more sense than any of the others as they both grew up a few years apart in St. Louis Park.

I do not listen to KFAN for Gopher information. I was listening and they were talking about it. What does Nanne really know at this point? He has been in Hawaii and Montreal for most of the search. I also wouldn't claim that everyone at KFAN doesn't know what they are talking about. That is just ignorant. I agree that Gopher coverage on KFAN is usually poor but im not about to say the biggest sports talk radio station in he state has no hands whatsoever on or near the pulse of Gopher athletics. It's not just KFAN who said this, someone posted a report just like this one from some other independent source as well a few says ago.

I would guess Louie is pretty plugged into the situation. I would guess that they'll have to name something after him over at the U someday given the support he's given to the athletic program over the years. In other words, Nanne is a guy who gets his phone calls returned by Maturi or anyone else he wants to chat with over at the athletic department.

I have no idea where Gaard gets his information and whether or not it's reliable. No one does. But let's remember that Barreiro is in the "opinion over news" business. I don't know if he enjoys it, but "beat up the U" is clearly part of his schtick. With Brewster gone, Maturi takes his place in the hot seat. Further, I thought his back-handed snipes at Kaler and New York--Stony Brook were really uncalled for. Stony Brook has a D-1 program for every sport except football (where it plays in the FCS Big South Conference) and if Kaler had anything to do with anything relating to athletics at Stony Brook, it's not like he just fell off the turnip truck when it comes to the importance of these programs to a major university. But Stony Brook, because it's relatively unknown, is a great punch-line, so don't do any research, just go for the cheap shot.

You're taking the word, journalistic "skill" and Gopher knowledge of Justin Gaard over the advice of Lou Nanne because Nanne was out of town !:eek:

I am going to attribute this to the time of your posts; please get some sleep.:)

What can Nanne now when he is out of town? Make a phone call here and there. Hear maybe what Maturi is up to as he has done a great job keeping his moves under raps. Also, if I'm on vacation the last thing I'm doing is calling home and seeing how things like that are going, but thats just me.

I'm guess JG and Nanne have a bunch of the same contacts over at the U as there are only so many willing to talk in the athletic department.

All I'm saying is just because you don't like the way KFAN reports on the Gophers (and I agree with you on that for the most part. It seems they would rather poke fun at the Gophers instead of cover them), but don't be so quick to write off people who are employees of the largest Sports talk radio station in the State.

"I don't like how Phil Miller covers the Gophers for the Star Tribune because he never blogs. Therefore he must have no inside information and he has no idea what he is talking about." See the missteps in logic with that statement?

I'm guess JG and Nanne have a bunch of the same contacts over at the U as there are only so many willing to talk in the athletic department.

And I would further guess that those sources will tell Nanne things that they'd never tell Gaard in a million years. Who cares if Nanne is out of town? He can pick up a phone and get closer to the truth than Gaard likely can.

Nanne

What can Nanne now when he is out of town? Make a phone call here and there. Hear maybe what Maturi is up to as he has done a great job keeping his moves under raps. Also, if I'm on vacation the last thing I'm doing is calling home and seeing how things like that are going, but thats just me.

All I'm saying is just because you don't like the way KFAN reports on the Gophers (and I agree with you on that for the most part. It seems they would rather poke fun at the Gophers instead of cover them), but don't be so quick to write off people who are employees of the largest Sports talk radio station in the State.

"I don't like how Phil Miller covers the Gophers for the Star Tribune because he never blogs. Therefore he must have no inside information and he has no idea what he is talking about." See the missteps in logic with that statement?

I also believe that Louie Nanne has knowledge that most media do not have. He has been around the Twin Cities for the last couple of weeks promoting his book at book signings and appearances. He has not been on vacation.
Phil Miller was interviewed yesterday and he admitted that all along he thought that Kevin Sumlin would be hired. Now, he is back to square one ( honest assessment on his part) but one name possibly to remember may be Mike Belotti. I am not starting this as a rumor.I realistically don't think he will coach this year the way he sounded.

I think the U has had their guy in mind for a while.

There are 40 schools playing this weekend and next, including Connecticut, No. Illinois, Arizona, and Navy. For all we know, the real guy is coaching one of these 40 teams.

The coach could also be awaiting his current team's bowl bid before resigning. He may realize his resignation could affect the bid.

There are many factors that get missed on this board by the "hurriers, " including a coach's personal needs that need resolution.

You should be depressed, but mostly from publicily admitting that you actually listened to anything Justin Garrd said. Kid is a complete dip s... Seriously, if you are going to let everyone with a negative view of life depress you, your life can be much worse than it should be.

You should be depressed, but mostly from publicily admitting that you actually listened to anything Justin Garrd said. Kid is a complete dip s... Seriously, if you are going to let everyone with a negative view of life depress you, your life can be much worse than it should be.

Dude really? We are going to take personal shots at a radio personality on a faceless message board? It's one thing to feel that he is less informed than others in the TC's, but to call the guy a DipS@#! just shows how much you really know.

I also wouldn't claim that everyone at KFAN doesn't know what they are talking about. That is just ignorant. I agree that Gopher coverage on KFAN is usually poor but im not about to say the biggest sports talk radio station in he state has no hands whatsoever on or near the pulse of Gopher athletics. It's not just KFAN who said this, someone posted a report just like this one from some other independent source as well a few says ago.

Their original "source": footballscoop.com.

LOL. Bravo KFAN :clap: Keep those listeners "rubes".

Dude really? We are going to take personal shots at a radio personality on a faceless message board? It's one thing to feel that he is less informed than others in the TC's, but to call the guy a DipS@#! just shows how much you really know.

Not at all. I'd call Justin Gaard a dip*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# right to his face - Barreiro too. They are both frauds and despicable people.

Not at all. I'd call Justin Gaard a dip*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# right to his face - Barreiro too. They are both frauds and despicable people.

There is NO doubt this was a made up deal by Hawkeye Gaard and burrito. They lead today with a chicken little segment and Touchdown Bison and Yotes sound bites. They are out to kill any chance the gophers have to win with a new coach. This is Gaard's payback for his iowee losers getting stomped by the good guys on saturday. He has a way to spread hawkeye filth over the sports radio airwaves, he's doing so with the approval of his master the perennial gopher hater barrerio.
They are both f$%^s.

There is NO doubt this was a made up deal by Hawkeye Gaard and burrito. They lead today with a chicken little segment and Touchdown Bison and Yotes sound bites. They are out to kill any chance the gophers have to win with a new coach. This is Gaard's payback for his iowee losers getting stomped by the good guys on saturday. He has a way to spread hawkeye filth over the sports radio airwaves, he's doing so with the approval of his master the perennial gopher hater barrerio.
They are both f$%^s.

This is out there, man. Like....Pluto.

Take off the tinfoil hat.

This is out there, man. Like....Pluto.

Take off the tinfoil hat.

Really? You don't think a hardcore hawkeye fan like gaard would love to stir the media pot with garbage reporting that every coach in college football has turned us down?
I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, it's just a bit. It's a way to stomp on the program in the vacuum of no real info and make his hawkeye heart feel better after we beat his team. It's not even a story right now, it's a story about a lack of a story. They LOVE to use gopher football as a punching bag when things are slow in the TC sportsworld.

Hard to believe all those people have turned us down - I doubt it is true. What seems to be true is that no non-active coach (Fulmer, etc.) is interested, as they would already have been hired.

Top Bottom