If football is pushed to spring, does that impact the start of the 2021 traditional fall season?

You said they didnt have options because they werent born into inherited wealth. That is blaming someone else rather than accepting responsibility. Yikes!
I never said anything of the sort. It’s scary that you can project your hatred and false worldview into something that wasn’t said or implied.

The NCAA. They increased the roster limit but not the number of scholarships. Not a counter sport, so a little different. Maybe with the counter sports they will add, but I'd be surprised. I'm not sure most schools want 100ish scholarship players after a year of severely decreased revenue (if any).

Also, the U of M and B1G overall enacted a policy which didn't allow spring seniors to come back. Another hard precedent to go back on now.
This stated they can carry more members on scholarship to account for those who want the extra year. I assume the same would happen for Fall/Winter sports as well.

I never said anything of the sort. It’s scary that you can project your hatred and false worldview into something that wasn’t said or implied.

In that case you lost me. I have no idea what you meant as by definition inherited wealth refers to ancestors.

Last edited:

I meant exactly what I wrote, and nothing more. You falsely negated what I wrote and tried to claim I supported the negation as well, which I don’t.

As far as vaccine availability February is probably the earliest for general availability. There are 10 million front line workers and 112 million high risk people. The Government has contracted for 300 million+ vaccine doses. Calculating the numbers gets tough because each vaccine takes two doses. I can't find if by 300 million doses if it's 300 million vaccine courses (2 doses) or 300 million individual doses wich would provide enough for 150 million people. If the Government prioritizes hot spots availibility will be later and that assumes that everything goes well.

Was there even a vote by the schools. It sounds like this was a Kevin Warren decision.

we know they didn’t come to a unified decision together from all the chancellors however so interesting you make it without a vote.
I'm in a lot of meetings.

Votes aren't really required...

Fair enough and I recognize it likely won’t change. Failure of leadership when so many leaders and coaches don’t have visibility to the data and what went in to the decision.

This is a CYA so that Presidents don't have to say how they voted. They held an informal vote (which was 12-2 according to reports), and then "reached consensus". No "official" vote was probably taken. But the idea that Warren ignored the University Presidents and just decided this on his own is ridiculous.

As far as vaccine availability February is probably the earliest for general availability. There are 10 million front line workers and 112 million high risk people. The Government has contracted for 300 million+ vaccine doses. Calculating the numbers gets tough because each vaccine takes two doses. I can't find if by 300 million doses if it's 300 million vaccine courses (2 doses) or 300 million individual doses wich would provide enough for 150 million people. If the Government prioritizes hot spots availibility will be later and that assumes that everything goes well.
They had 300M just with Astra/Oxford, I thought I had read. And 100M with Moderna. And probably will order hundreds of millions more from the other successful candidates that will pass phase 3. Johnson& Johnson, etc.

Even the Russian vaccine sounds interesting on paper. Same vector as Johnson & Johnson. Just will be interesting to seehow their soft rollout/phase 3 works.

This is a CYA so that Presidents don't have to say how they voted. They held an informal vote (which was 12-2 according to reports), and then "reached consensus". No "official" vote was probably taken. But the idea that Warren ignored the University Presidents and just decided this on his own is ridiculous.
They would fire him if he did any such thing.

Of course.

But this is hyper-partisan, crazies on the internet.

They had 300M just with Astra/Oxford, I thought I had read. And 100M with Moderna. And probably will order hundreds of millions more from the other successful candidates that will pass phase 3. Johnson& Johnson, etc.

Even the Russian vaccine sounds interesting on paper. Same vector as Johnson & Johnson. Just will be interesting to seehow their soft rollout/phase 3 works.
The timeline stays the same the first phase three trials started the last week of July, so 90 days to test, two to thee weeks to prepare the application for emergency approval, approval around Thanksgiving first doses in December. Then you have to work thru 122 million high priority recipients.

The timeline stays the same the first phase three trials started the last week of July, so 90 days to test, two to thee weeks to prepare the application for emergency approval, approval around Thanksgiving first doses in December. Then you have to work thru 122 million high priority recipients.
Ok?
That sounds pretty dang good to me.

Could see Big Ten and PAC arguing that things are clearly on the path to recovery, and so risks are less, therefore spring season is a go.

Works for me.

In that case you lost me. I have no idea what you meant as by definition inherited wealth refers to ancestors.

wealthy people have more choices than poor people. doesn't matter where the wealth came from.

In this case, if a family can afford to relocate to another state, just so a child can play a sport, they obviously have the means to do so. means that another family might not have.

to be fair, it all depends on the other state's residency requirements for athletic eligibility. for a student coming into MN, if they want to be eligible immediately, the family - or at least one parent - must relocate their primary residence into the new school district. you can't just send Junior to stay with Aunt Sadie for a year. Other states may not have the same requirements.

and - FWIW - there are ways around most rules. I know of a family that claimed the parents had separated. Dad and kid moved into another district - which just happened to have a much better basketball program. After kid used up his eligibility, Mom and Dad reconciled. everyone loves a happy ending.

wealthy people have more choices than poor people. doesn't matter where the wealth came from.

In this case, if a family can afford to relocate to another state, just so a child can play a sport, they obviously have the means to do so. means that another family might not have.

to be fair, it all depends on the other state's residency requirements for athletic eligibility. for a student coming into MN, if they want to be eligible immediately, the family - or at least one parent - must relocate their primary residence into the new school district. you can't just send Junior to stay with Aunt Sadie for a year. Other states may not have the same requirements.

and - FWIW - there are ways around most rules. I know of a family that claimed the parents had separated. Dad and kid moved into another district - which just happened to have a much better basketball program. After kid used up his eligibility, Mom and Dad reconciled. everyone loves a happy ending.

Agree. The poster should have written "wealth" rather than "inherited wealth", not that there is anything wrong with either.

Last edited:

Give big ten schools a choice. If parents/players/coaches of a team want to play the fall season their wishes should be valued. I would guess with all the cv protection protocols players have a lesser chance of catching the china virus playing football than regular students who are mingling with the student body at large.

Last edited:

^^^ racist bigot ("China virus")

No need to bother with your posts, anymore.

completely off-topic - or maybe I'm in a weird mood -

but "China Virus" sounds like a great name for a punk band.

SD didn't used to have open enrollment. People would literally swap pieces of land to get their kids into the school district they wanted.

completely off-topic - or maybe I'm in a weird mood -

but "China Virus" sounds like a great name for a punk band.
A guy I know got a DUI.

So he had to do some stuff, rightfully so.

One was attend a MADD Victim Impact Pannel... but everyone kept calling it "MADD Impact Panel" .... such a great name for a band if it wasn't taken by something sad.

Warren family is choosing to allow their son to play at Mississippi State. Big Ten families should likewise get a choice.

Last edited:

^^^ racist bigot ("China virus")

No need to bother with your posts, anymore.

Spanish flu, West Nile virus, Zika, Ebola among others.

China shouldve taken care of wet markets after the last pandemic and didnt. China tried to blame us and italy for the virus. Disappeared the whistleblower.

Spare me. China Virus well deserved.

Let’s be honest. Unless there’s a vaccine by the end of the year, there won’t be a Spring season. They’re just kicking the can down the road.
Without question. Football in the spring is about the stupidest idea being thrown around that anyone could come up with. Besides the obvious, that when a potential spring season is getting started is typically the most active for viruses, if we're worried about the health and safety of the kids, you think playing 24, 26, 28+ football games in a 7-8 month span or so is good for them? WTF?

Without question. Football in the spring is about the stupidest idea being thrown around that anyone could come up with. Besides the obvious, that when a potential spring season is getting started is typically the most active for viruses, if we're worried about the health and safety of the kids, you think playing 24, 26, 28+ football games in a 7-8 month span or so is good for them? WTF?

Warren family is choosing to allow their son to play at Mississippi State. Big Ten families should likewise get a choice.
Not if the university doesn’t want to sponsor a season.

I do think they should be able to transfer no penalty if they want

Not if the university doesn’t want to sponsor a season.

I do think they should be able to transfer no penalty if they want

Yeah, I just posted on another thread that kiffin is calling for big ten players being allowed to transfer. Seems fair when considering all the work these kids put in and the money that is on the line for the top kids.

Top Bottom