If Fleck doesn't accept he is taking a ton of risk in 2017

Could very easily open up the season 0-3 and 1-2. If so his name will drop off the radar as an elite hire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. He is 36 and has the best roster in the MAC. He will win a lot of conference games and championships as long as he is there. The right fit for him will come along. I mean he could win a lot of games at W. Michigan and still be only be 40.

No. He is 36 and has the best roster in the MAC. He will win a lot of conference games and championships as long as he is there. The right fit for him will come along. I mean he could win a lot of games at W. Michigan and still be only be 40.

I don't think he wants to wait more than 1-2 years though. They lose a lot this year, I'd be surprised if they went better than 8-4 next season. Does a job better than MN come around after an 8-4/7-5 MAC season?

I don't think he wants to wait more than 1-2 years though. They lose a lot this year, I'd be surprised if they went better than 8-4 next season. Does a job better than MN come around after an 8-4/7-5 MAC season?

That was point I was getting at. I appreciate your critical thinking skills Bob. One of few on this forum actually.

Wasn't he offered $3M/yr up there...on the table now? Unless were above that, I don't see the risk considering he's "only" making $800k this year.

There were rumors of that, but I don't think they were ever substantiated. More realistic would have been raise to 1.5-2M. That's a ton of money to be paying a coach in the MAC. Not sure if the school isn't better off without that contract on the books.

They open up on the road against USC and then go to Mich. St. Then play Idaho at home.. very easily could be 0-3 with what the lose in the offensive side of the ball. QB, WR, RT. All three are NFL prospects.

Could very easily open up the season 0-3 and 1-2. If so his name will drop off the radar as an elite hire.

Question is will it be a bigger risk than taking the job here?

Are you guys speculating on how Fleck will do at WMU next year while also coaching MN?

They open up on the road against USC and then go to Mich. St. Then play Idaho at home.. very easily could be 0-3 with what the lose in the offensive side of the ball. QB, WR, RT. All three are NFL prospects.

And then he goes 8-0 in the MAC. Beats a team from the east. And probably gets to 11 wins still.

Top Bottom