If Fleck doesn't accept he is taking a ton of risk in 2017

Reaction score
Could very easily open up the season 0-3 and 1-2. If so his name will drop off the radar as an elite hire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted. I misunderstood OP

Wasn't he offered $3M/yr up there...on the table now? Unless were above that, I don't see the risk considering he's "only" making $800k this year.

His past is still on his resume... and he seems like a confidant guy...

It's about what have you done for me now if he is looking to eventually get to a bigger program.

People don't look a just the last year.

If anything not getting the other jobs will have told him that.

Yeah, I misunderstood your original point. I agree. MAC flavor-of-the-month coaches need to cash in when they can in many instances. Unfortunately some of them catch a lightening bolt, cash in, and then struggle at power 5 schools.

He also loses an incredibly QB in Zach Terrell.

Maybe it was Fleck's coaching, but losing Terrell will hurt.

And his recruiting class is very underwhelming.... Minnesota's recruits are rated higher but we only have 15 to date and WMU has 25. He needs us. :cool02:

He also has Joe Flacco's brother on the roster. Not sure if he is any good.

Fleck seem pretty confident and content to call his own shots.

He said he wasn't that smart but I believe he smarter than than the U. They are playing poker now. That begs the question who is better at playing their hand but doesn't over play it?

Fleck signs a 5 year extension with a raise and coaches for 2-3 more years at WMU, has one more big season and two decent ones and he has a shot at MSU, ND, NE which more than likely all come up soon. Plus of course the job at the U will be again be available in 2-3 years.

It's ranked 53 in Rivals with an avg rating of 2.3... if you are 13 and 0 ... I'd think it would be higher...have some higher ranked players?

You and the truth teller Mark Coyle both seem the think that way...how can you win games without lots of stars and dots...yet there it is, happening in lots of places.

You and the truth teller Mark Coyle both seem the think that way...how can you win games without lots of stars and dots...yet there it is, happening in lots of places.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy ha In fairness to PJ, it's probably tough to recruit when everybody thinks you are leaving for a bigger school.

That is actually pretty good recruiting for a MAC school. If he is in that range at Western Michigan, he should at least get into the 30's at Minnesota more times than not. Wouldn't that be pretty much the range Wisconsin lives in?

Fleck signs a 5 year extension with a raise and coaches for 2-3 more years at WMU, has one more big season and two decent ones and he has a shot at MSU, ND, NE which more than likely all come up soon. Plus of course the job at the U will be again be available in 2-3 years.

I doubt it. When was last time a coach jumped from the MAC to Notre Dame, Nebraska, or another 5star elite job?

If (when) Fleck moves on, he's likely to be taking a job on our level. Matt Campbell was the hot MAC name last year and went to Iowa State.

I doubt it. When was last time a coach jumped from the MAC to Notre Dame, Nebraska, or another 5star elite job?

If (when) Fleck moves on, he's likely to be taking a job on our level. Matt Campbell was the hot MAC name last year and went to Iowa State.

Sounds about right, Notre Dame, Nebraska don't have to sign MAC coaches when they can poach the next big thing in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa. etc.

Sounds about right, Notre Dame, Nebraska don't have to sign MAC coaches when they can poach the next big thing in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa. etc.

I posted a list a while back (can't find it at the moment) but yeah, generally the MAC guys go to lower-level P5 or upper-level G5 jobs. Even Urban went BG -> Utah (when they were Mountain West) -> Florida, and he had a great record at BG.

That is actually pretty good recruiting for a MAC school. If he is in that range at Western Michigan, he should at least get into the 30's at Minnesota more times than not. Wouldn't that be pretty much the range Wisconsin lives in?

Somebody had a link in a thread to a recruiting site that said Maryland was #17. What?? I don't follow recruiting much, is this right?

Somebody had a link in a thread to a recruiting site that said Maryland was #17. What?? I don't follow recruiting much, is this right?

It's right. Durkin has been killing it on the trail. Time will tell if he can coach it up well enough but he'll have the horses.

Yeah, they're a good example of why Coyle and the Regents talking about recruiting rankings was so asinine.

They are rated so high because they already have 29 verbal commits (that's ton). Granted, they only have an average of 3.1

Where Nebraska is ranked 10th in the Big 10 because they only have 14 commits (average of 3.36 stars). So even according to rivals, Nebraska has better players coming into their program.

It's right. Durkin has been killing it on the trail. Time will tell if he can coach it up well enough but he'll have the horses.

Durkin recruits like Brewster: just offer every 4,5 star no matter what position or team need. They'll take 10 4-star long snappers if they commit.

Could very easily open up the season 0-3 and 1-2. If so his name will drop off the radar as an elite hire.

People who see themselves as successful and extremely capable do not think they will fail.

I posted a list a while back (can't find it at the moment) but yeah, generally the MAC guys go to lower-level P5 or upper-level G5 jobs. Even Urban went BG -> Utah (when they were Mountain West) -> Florida, and he had a great record at BG.

I did too. Got hammered...PJ is special/different is basically what the argument was back at me.

Top Bottom