I thought that I was blacklisted

hungan1

Reaction score
For the last three days, I could not log into Gopherhole or post.

When I try to log in, I get an error. Something like "Error Code 404 - Could not find ???????? URL on this server."

In other instances, I can log in. But, when I try to post a reply, I get this message:

"Oops! We ran into some problems".

"Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console."

I tried to contact Gopherhole, but there is no email link that I can find anywhere. I thought to myself that I am hosed. I am permanently banned. 😨☠️

Last edited:

Hey hungan,

I'm currently working on the site. We had some hosting changes earlier this week.

Are you able to connect with your phone and not your desktop?

--John
[email protected]

I was unable to log into my phone after I logged out. I got the same error messages.

It's working again!
Thx

😀

It's working again!
Thx

😀
It happened again. While posting a reply, I get the OOPS message.

I found out that it will clear if I wait a few seconds before I hit POST or SAVE after clearing the OOPS message.

It seems like there is a time delay or a momentary freezing of the software after it receives the POST or SAVE response.

Last edited:

When I try to log in, I get an error. Something like "Error Code 404 - Could not find ???????? URL on this server."

In other instances, I can log in. But, when I try to post a reply, I get this message:

I tried to contact Gopherhole, but there is no email link that I can find anywhere. I thought to myself that I am hosed. I am permanently banned. 😨☠️
Try harder😎

Being cognizant of time delay and resubmitting "Post" or "Save" requests, great!

Thx for asking.

I'm having the same issues, but was finally able to log in when i tried using a WIFI that I have not been on before. It's my office's guest wifi, though, so it's not sustainable :)

PS i also sent you an email jdonna.

Me too

First time I've been able to post in a few days.

Thanks for all the hard work to get it fixed!

I thought I was banned too but I had to send a direct message through twitter yesterday as I couldn't login or post on any platform. All is well now.

I thought I was banned too but I had to send a direct message through twitter yesterday as I couldn't login or post on any platform. All is well now.
I was going to do the same thing, but strangely enough, my Twitter account was seemingly blocked by gopherhole as well. As soon as I logged in to the forum from a new Wifi, my Twitter wasn’t blocked. I’m perplexed. Big Gopher had it out for me.

@jdonna thanks for your work to get things back up and running!

I had the same issues. Once the log-in page 404 errors went away, then it was the "Oops..." messages when trying to do anything.

Did you figure out what the issues were? Is there anything we users can do to make sure this doesn't happen again?

Was it something with cookies and/or browser related?

For however little this may be worth: I use Firefox on Ubuntu, and it used to be the case that in the URL bar next to the site address, it showed a "full" (filled in) blue shield next to the address. I think this had to do with https security/certs, etc. type of stuff beyond my knowledge. Now however, it just shows a blue outline of the shield, not filled in. No idea if that means anything.

EDIT: I'm not seeing any sites (Google, Facebook, or anyone) with the "full" shield anymore, so this probably isn't helpful after all.

Thanks again

Last edited:

Top Bottom