I really miss the Mason offenses!

I would bet you a million dollars that Claeys will not be fired for winning 8 games. Kids are doing well in school, program has good continuity, no off field issues, Claeys is an easy person to get along with. No way. Zero chance. Turn off Barreiro. I think it would need to be like a 3 win season to be fired in year one. Coyle has bigger fish to fry.

Claeys should be fired for 6 wins or less. Based on the expectations this year and 6th year of most of the staff. At this point we should be 8 wins with this schedule and this far into regime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!

Would anyone like to borrow some of my blood-pressure medication?

I'm not going to waste time re-arguing Mason vs. anyone. Tracy Claeys is the Gopher FB coach. You have two choices - support him or not. I choose to support him- and I will not spend every week of the season nit-picking every decision and every play call. The Gophers won. Game over. Another game next week.

Give em he77 Shorty! I agree.

And I miss the dominate national championship teams from the 1930s. Not really sure of what the point is from this thread.

I would bet you a million dollars that Claeys will not be fired for winning 8 games. Kids are doing well in school, program has good continuity, no off field issues, Claeys is an easy person to get along with. No way. Zero chance. Turn off Barreiro. I think it would need to be like a 3 win season to be fired in year one. Coyle has bigger fish to fry.

I agree there is no way he gets fired if we win 8 games. Probably 7. Or even 6. If we win 5 or less all bets are off.

listening to Mason during the game he is quoted as saying "you play to win and not play to don't lose" -- coming from him with all of those games his team blew the big leads was comical

It was pretty amazing listening to him call the game, and how spot on he was with what should and shouldn't be done tonight.

All I was thinking is if he would have coached his defenses as well as he called things from the booth, he'd still be coaching.

This. It's a damn shame. A Mason offense plus Kill/Claeys defense would have resulted in at least a few January Bowl games.

There used to be 95 scholarship players vs. the current 85 scholarship players. The lower division and smaller programs more talent and the P5 schools can stockpile less talent that can play.

In my eyes, 8-4 is the lowest acceptable record for this year. However, Claeys likely won't be fired for going 7-5 (or probably 6-6).

If we can't go 5-4 in the B1G with a senior QB who has as many starts as Mitch, a change should be made. That glaring deficiency, QB development, has been my biggest complaint with the staff. If new leadership is sought, I want a staff with a QB guru in the head job.

In my eyes, 8-4 is the lowest acceptable record for this year. However, Claeys likely won't be fired for going 7-5 (or probably 6-6).

If we can't go 5-4 in the B1G with a senior QB who has as many starts as Mitch, a change should be made. That glaring deficiency, QB development, has been my biggest complaint with the staff. If new leadership is sought, I want a staff with a QB guru in the head job.

I think recruiting will be factored in along with record. Even going 7-5 likely means going 4-5 in the B1G. That likely puts them 5th in the West. With this schedule and a recruiting class that's also on pace to finish dead last in the B1G, I think Coyle would make a change.

I'm still miffed about when they introduced the forward pass...

6:wins he would be inched out. 7 wins and one of them is Becky or Iowa I think he stays.

I think recruiting will be factored in along with record. Even going 7-5 likely means going 4-5 in the B1G. That likely puts them 5th in the West. With this schedule and a recruiting class that's also on pace to finish dead last in the B1G, I think Coyle would make a change.

I heard the same thing last week when meeting with an influential alum. who knows? it might have been you sitting across the table from me. next time imma mention yer avatar and see if you take the bait.

6:wins he would be inched out. 7 wins and one of them is Becky or Iowa I think he stays.

Guys, Gophers are 1-0 with a win against a BCS conference team. Way, way too early to be having this conversation. Wait until they have a loss or two before starting the gloom and doom.

Guys, Gophers are 1-0 with a win against a BCS conference team. Way, way too early to be having this conversation. Wait until they have a loss or two before starting the gloom and doom.

I agree but this is the forum that seemed to be seriously counting 9 and 10 sure wins before the season started....

It's all a matter of personality. Some of us are pessimists, some are optimists, some think any change will be slow, others think it will be fast. If we can make it through the first 5 games with 4+ wins, I will predict anywhere between 7-9 wins, if not, I'll predict closer to 5 or 6. That being said, like was mentioned before, it is WAY to early to tell.

well, you're wrong...again.

Ok, how about a 1 year ban bet. Gophers win less than 8 and Claeys is fired, I will depart from gopherhole for one year. Same for you if we win less than 8 and he isn't.

Ok, how about a 1 year ban bet. Gophers win less than 8 and Claeys is fired, I will depart from gopherhole for one year. Same for you if we win less than 8 and he isn't.

no way. I'm not gonna be the guy who is responsible for you missing the 24K mark.

Top Bottom